Dareus is killing it for the Jags

Klaista2k

Just now, Elite Poster said:

I wanted Ragland at our first round spot when we drafted him. We also were a 3-4 defense at that juncture. 

He did not fit this scheme. 

Really tired of "he did not fit the scheme" as a defense. Guys like him you tweak the scheme and keep. Dennison gets thrown under the bus for this (and rightfully so) on a weekly basis...why do Frazier and McD get a pass on it?

Don't care about the scheme...a stout run stopping LB is always a value.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Really tired of "he did not fit the scheme" as a defense. Guys like him you tweak the scheme and keep. Dennison gets thrown under the bus for this (and rightfully so) on a weekly basis...why do Frazier and McD get a pass on it?

Ragland is way too slow to play 4-3. He would get targeted in the passing game, kind of like Lorenzo...

2 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I think Dareus and Ragland may have been some help somewhere along the way when the Saints ran the ball 25 times in a row (or whatever the number was).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Good for him, the Jags and the Bills. Bills should get a 5th round pick for him now. In the off season when Marcel smokes weed, gets the munchies adds pounds and drag races himself into jail the Bills get the last laugh. 

How do you like your grapes?  Sour.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Who cares.  He wasn't and would not give 100% effort because he didn't want to be here.  Don't need a slack like him on the team.  It was time to move on.

Move on to what?

Becoming the worst run defense in the NFL?

Jimmity crickets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's truly going to suck watching St. Doug and Mularkey make the playoffs this year especially considering both were the only HC's during the drought to get this team to 9 wins and resigned because they were smart enough to know a terrible front office and incompentent ownership were going to drag them down in the long run.

And that's just it, nothing has truly changed under the Pegulas compared to the Wilson days. It's the same pathetic circus under a new tent.

22 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Killing it?   He has one tackle.

What was missed by most the Bills fans was that he took on the double triple teams allowing other DLs and LBs to make plays. Look what has happened to our run defense since he was jettisoned. As I said before, the move and the horrible return we got for him could have waited till after the year was over..... 

Edited by Spiderweb

22 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Who cares.  He wasn't and would not give 100% effort because he didn't want to be here.  Don't need a slack like him on the team.  It was time to move on.

Who said he wasn't giving 100%...? oh yeah fans... we always know best.

This fan base played a role in his departure.  He may have been gone next year, but make no mistake, the reason he didn't like Buffalo was the fan base.

Just now, Jobot said:

Who said he wasn't giving 100%...? oh yeah fans... we always know best.

This fan base played a role in his departure.  He may have been gone next year, but make no mistake, the reason he didn't like Buffalo was the fan base.

this is such bull **** i can't believe it.  it's the fans fault?  was it the fan's fault that he failed drug tests?  was it the fan's fault that he was caught drag racing or with synthetic pot?  was it the fan's fault he wasn't showing up to meetings on time?  you're right though...there was no real show that the guy wasn't giving 100%.  

22 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Dareus is a beast out there for the Jags.

Announcers talking about how the Jags run defense went from one of the worst in the league to one of the best since acquiring him.

What a great move is was trading him! 

I miss Dareus but let's not pretend he was playing against the second coming of Barry Sanders

16 minutes ago, teef said:

this is such bull **** i can't believe it.  it's the fans fault?  was it the fan's fault that he failed drug tests?  was it the fan's fault that he was caught drag racing or with synthetic pot?  was it the fan's fault he wasn't showing up to meetings on time?  you're right though...there was no real show that the guy wasn't giving 100%.  

Coming from a guy who likely frequently posted that Dareus was a lazy sack of ****.... I didn't say it's 100% fans fault... But all year the fans had been riding him for being lazy and fat.  If you listened to Dareus this year while he was still a Bill... this DID BOTHERED HIM.

Maybe a Daerus in better spirits convinces the McB/D staff to retain him in hopes he returns to better form.  A good leader (McD) should be able to maximize potential from an elite player (Dareus).... THIS IS THE JOB OF A COACH.  

Regardless, fans were idiots for wanting him gone this year when he was buying into everything the coaches asked of him and playing great.

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

Coming from a guy who likely frequently posted that Dareus was a lazy sack of ****.... I didn't say it's 100% fans fault... But all year the fans had been riding him for being lazy and fat.  If you listened to Dareus this year while he was still a Bill... this DID BOTHERED HIM.

Maybe a Daerus in better spirits convinces the McB/D staff to retain him in hopes he returns to better form.  A good leader (McD) should be able to maximize potential from an elite player (Dareus).... THIS IS THE JOB OF A COACH.  

Regardless, fans were idiots for wanting him gone this year when he was buying into everything the coaches asked of him and playing great.

what another bunch of nonsense from you.  not once did i ever say that, and in fact, dareus was the last jersey i bought.  i loved the guy for who he was, but he let everyone down.    to your point, do you really think it "bothered" dareus.  if something bothered me, i'd act more professional and at least show up to meetings on time.  his actions certainly don't show that he was bothered by it at all, yet you want to give him a pass?  don't put it on the coach either.  dareus is a grown man who is being paid a lot of money.  it's not a coaches job to baby sit the guy in the off season.  should the coached moved in with him to make sure he doesn't fail drug tests?    also, when was dareus buying into everything the coaches asked of him and playing great?  show me, because it's completely made up.  you just strike me as someone who constantly places blame on others for your own failures.

• Like (+1) 1