What's your reaction if Peterman is terrible this Sunday

Steptide

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

On to KC

No time to dwell on it.

I think he will be fine.

The O line seems to be liking the thought of knowing what the QB will do.

This^^^^

I will be more concerned if Peterman plays all the games but crashes and burns.  (The statistically probable outcome).  This simply means the Bills have to go through the crap shoot of the draft to see if they can land the QB of the future.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And so it starts......  The defense of Peterman regardless.   

As if NP could be evaluated on one game, good OR bad. Tyrod had 2.5 years of starts. The Bills no longer have an OC that is willing to hide Taylors many flaws. While I have little doubt that the Bills offense would be better right now if they were still running the Roman/ Lynn version with Kromer as OLC, they aren't . Plain and simple. It's what happens when coaching changes are made. Essentially, the jig is up when it comes to playing defense against Taylor. NFL coaches do catch on. It happened with RG3 as well, among others. Taylor either needs to make throws from the pocket ( re-invent himself) or he will end up on the slag heap of failed NFL QBs. This was the likely outcome from the moment the Bills installed a WCO based scheme. Taylor probably is what he is at this point. That has little to do with Peterman. 

33 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again built in excuses.  This is all the FO.

I'd have waited a week as 5-5 they're toast, 6-4 they control their destiny even losing vs. KC & NE.....

17 years I just want to see the playoffs, and the first round game imo would not be vs. a great team either.....

I think they figured they would be toast if they lost to LAC, which was likely to happen if Taylor remained the QB. They are trying the only move they can make to go win a football game Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

As if NP could be evaluated on one game, good OR bad. Tyrod had 2.5 years of starts. The Bills no longer have an OC that is willing to hide Taylors many flaws. While I have little doubt that the Bills offense would be better right now if they were still running the Roman/ Lynn version with Kromer as OLC, they aren't . Plain and simple. It's what happens when coaching changes are made. Essentially, the jig is up when it comes to playing defense against Taylor. NFL coaches do catch on. It happened with RG3 as well, among others. Taylor either needs to make throws from the pocket ( re-invent himself) or he will end up on the slag heap of failed NFL QBs. This was the likely outcome from the moment the Bills installed a WCO based scheme. Taylor probably is what he is at this point. That has little to do with Peterman. 

I think they figured they would be toast if they lost to LAC, which was likely to happen if Taylor remained the QB. They are trying the only move they can make to go win a football game Sunday. 

So they'll make the playoffs?  Tyrod was the much better option vs. LAC.  They lose and sure bench him.  Putting Peterman had little upside this week.  

36 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The defense hasn't shown up since the Raiders game three weeks ago. Not showing up this week wouldn't be because they are not getting behind the rookie. It would just be the status quo of this defense.

The offense has had many terrible games this year. Especially on the road. Again, it would be status quo, not because they are "not behind the rookie".

I was expecting the move a week later, but honestly, I saw this as a game where Taylor would get taken down  at least five times if not more by Bosa and company. I don't think our offense suffers any with the QB change. 

Exactly. It's hard to do worse than 58 yards or whatever Taylor had. There isn't one single change they could make on D that could help. McD had to try to save the season. Win this game and KC, NE don't mean very much. 

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So they'll make the playoffs?  Tyrod was the much better option vs. LAC.  They lose and sure bench him.  Putting Peterman had little upside this week.  

Apparently McDermott disagrees with you. What makes you think that the Chargers ( particularly with Lynn) wouldn't give the Bills Offense " the Tyrod treatment" that he has seen the last two weeks? What makes you believe Tyrod will suddenly become a good passer from the pocket? The Bills had next to no chance with Taylor at QB, probably to win any game not just at LAC. Making the switch when the playoffs become next to impossible does nothing. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So we could have more of this? (and these are just 3 instances out of about 7 where he refused to take a shot)

TT3.jpg

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All depends on his performance, terrible means different things to different people based on their expectations. One game doesn't make a year or one year a career, six more games to go. Mostly everyone gives the QB three years before a decision should be made, have to give the kid a chance. I'm hoping that I can see some potential in him as a starting QB that experience will result in a future franchise QB. GO BILLS!!

48 minutes ago, Sweats said:

How can you ever be disappointed by a rookies first ever game in the NFL, man?

I'm expecting huge disappointment, however, i'm also expecting a learning curve going into it. The kid has to learn and there's no better way than to throw him into the fire..........sink or swim.

Peterman isn't going to learn on this team while sitting on the bench. Throw him on the field and take the good with the bad.......either he's a viable option for the future or he isn't. Let the chips fall where they may and leave it all on the table, bro.

Fans have a strange attachment to Tyrod (as they did with Flutie) and get all emotional and try to suspend the laws of physics and "that's just business" inherent in the NFL.

It will be better than 3 first downs and 9-18 for 50 yards.  How much better? Idk.  I like his game but who knows what happens now that he is the guy.  Its a tougher game and tougher team than 3-6.  If Peterman leads them to the win I would be very impressed.  If the team loses I wont be surprised.  

Edited by Mat68

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Apparently McDermott disagrees with you. What makes you think that the Chargers ( particularly with Lynn) wouldn't give the Bills Offense " the Tyrod treatment" that he has seen the last two weeks? What makes you believe Tyrod will suddenly become a good passer from the pocket? The Bills had next to no chance with Taylor at QB, probably to win any game not just at LAC. Making the switch when the playoffs become next to impossible does nothing. 

Why do you think this? Taylor's escapability is a real asset, and quick release throwers haven't prevented the Chargers D from racking up the sacks. I really hope he does well, but he is going to be under siege.

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Why do you think this? Taylor's escapability is a real asset, and quick release throwers haven't prevented the Chargers D from racking up the sacks. I really hope he does well, but he is going to be under siege.

Running/ mobile Qbs are more prone to sacks than traditional drop back passers.  If the ball comes out on time at 3 steps there is nothing a pass rush can do.  

If "terrible" means "Gary Marangi terrible," then I'm going to wish TT had never been benched.  

And I'll start wishing Tyrod was back in the starting lineup.

While Tyrod had problems, we were in the playoff hunt with him under center.  While things could be better, they could be much worse too.

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

If "terrible" means "Gary Marangi terrible," then I'm going to wish TT had never been benched.  

And I'll start wishing Tyrod was back in the starting lineup.

While Tyrod had problems, we were in the playoff hunt with him under center.  While things could be better, they could be much worse too.

playoff hunt.... wow....

like jumping out the 44th floor window and telling yourself as you plummet "going great so far, going great so far"

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Chargers ( and everyone else that follows) were not going to send their usual rush at Taylor. They were going to tell their DEs to stay disciplined and wide keeping Taylor IN the pocket rather than flushing him out. Teams know outside the pocket is where Taylor can hurt them with his feet and it's the only place he does much damage as a passer. Taylor has been solved by NFL coaches, Payton and Bowles laid the blueprint. That's why the change was made. McDermott knew what he was going to get, especially from last years OC. Lynn knows exactly what Tyrods weaknesses are and how to expose them. Taylor is done as an NFL QB until he can/ will make throws from the pocket. It's just become too easy to defend. His only shot is to go with a pocket passer and hope he can beat the blitz a few times. McD knows Taylor won't and can't read a defense and throw with timing, which is what he'd be forced to do. Sean Payton's comments after the Bills game along with many players say all there is to say about Tyrod as a QB. 

• Thank you (+1) 2