Bills' WRs suddenly have fantasy value...

eball

I'm not going to get into any debate over whether Tyrod should or shouldn't have been benched, but the fact that Peterman is being called "Nate Favre" by Micah Hyde and already has a gunslinger mentality in the locker room means the Bills' WRs are finally going to be given the opportunity to make plays.  Benjamin, Matthews, Jones, Thompson, and Holmes should be licking their chops regardless of how much they like and respect Tyrod as a person and teammate.  The ball is going to get to them on time and we'll see what we have at the position.

This Sunday, I'll go out on a limb and say both Benjamin and Matthews will have 5+ catches.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m hoping with the quick passes, it should help extend drives. With extended drive should come extended targets. 

I dont have any any hope that Peterman will be the second coming of any QB but he does fit the Dennison offense better than Tyrod.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm not going to get into any debate over whether Tyrod should or shouldn't have been benched, but the fact that Peterman is being called "Nate Favre" by Micah Hyde and already has a gunslinger mentality in the locker room means the Bills' WRs are finally going to be given the opportunity to make plays.  Benjamin, Matthews, Jones, Thompson, and Holmes should be licking their chops regardless of how much they like and respect Tyrod as a person and teammate.  The ball is going to get to them on time and we'll see what we have at the position.

This Sunday, I'll go out on a limb and say both Benjamin and Matthews will have 5+ catches.

Cool, more cliches...Fitz also has a gunslinger mentality, so does Cutler.......

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I’m hoping with the quick passes, it should help extend drives. With extended drive should come extended targets. 

I dont have any any hope that Peterman will be the second coming of any QB but he does fit the Dennison offense better than Tyrod.

thing is... we WILL get ours sooner or later.  Maybe it is SOONER rather than later.

Why is it that some here think the only QBs with potential are ALWAYS the ones NOT sitting on our bench?

None of us knows what Peterman's got under the hood. I'm excited to finally get a peek.

2 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Gunslinger = Challenges DB's and tends to throw interceptions now and then

Gunslinger =  Forcing the defense back into coverage which in turn opens up the RUNNING game.

I'd rather he move the ball and try than the dump off and hope for the best with the defense mentality.

I think people need to temper the expectations for Peterman.  He's a rookie.  He's going to throw interceptions.  I just want to compete again, get the ball in our playmakers hands for once and show some competent offensive schemes.  

I still think Peterman is the guy right now and our QB will be drafted or signed in the offseason.  

Sunday didn't really show gunslinger rather it showed someone that wasn't afraid to throw.  Some were to tight windows but most were put in a spot where only his receivers could get it.  I get soft zone coverage had to do with that but Taylor had same opportunities.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It absolutely was.

They basically forced Taylor into a system that doesn't fit his skill set with no WRs. They wanted him to fail so they could put in their guys and get their own guy. One bad game and he's out. 

He got a raw deal. He will go some where next year and have success if put in the right system, IMO.

I doubt they wanted him to fail.  He was signed by the new regime so that would make no sense. 

Hey, perhaps Peterman will stink it up in his first start. But I kinda doubt he will go 9/18 for 56 yards averaging 3.1 yards, one INT with 2 sacks in 3/4 of the game. 

I think this change to Peterman makes the move for bringing in Kelvin Benjamin relevant.  Also, with Clay back in the lineup opposing defenses are going to need to worry about more than McCoy. I'm excited to see what an actual passing QB can do with this offense.

I picked up Zay Jones.  I drafted him and cut him a couple weeks back.  Taylor's inaccuracies were really hurting him and his confidence in my opinion.  

I'm betting the NP to ZJ combo is going to a big one.

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They basically forced Taylor into a system that doesn't fit his skill set with no WRs. They wanted him to fail so they could put in their guys and get their own guy. One bad game and he's out. 

He got a raw deal. He will go some where next year and have success if put in the right system, IMO.

The CoT lives on.  Long live the 6th-round backup who came to Buffalo and beat out EJ Manuel and Matt Cassel!!  :rolleyes:

I'll take a bet on that, btw - I believe Taylor will never start again except as a clear placeholder for an existing  rookie heir apparent.

I really don't see Peterman as a gunslinger based on what play I've seen.  He makes fast decisions and gets the ball out.  That's just called good NFL QB play.

Never been a big fan of Favre myself - threw way too many picks.

The issue with Taylor is that not throwing interceptions by not throwing the ball isn't really a useful approach - he's consistently at the bottom of the league in time-to-throw and that unsurprisingly leads to sacks which aren't a whole lot better that INTs.

Edited by BobChalmers

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It absolutely was.

Oh well, too bad. 

Tyrod is done here, deal with it, man up, quit crying.

Doubt he is ever anything more than a backup going forward.

47 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Lets stick with the 69 yard kid because you like him 

Not what I said

48 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

True, but at this point would you rather have your QB described as “gunslinger” or a “game manager?”  I’ll take the former just as a change of pace.

I'll take "winner" I don't care who plays , I just want to make the playoffs

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Cool, more cliches...Fitz also has a gunslinger mentality, so does Cutler.......

But are they gunslingers....."in the locker room"?

46 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

I picked up Zay Jones.  I drafted him and cut him a couple weeks back.  Taylor's inaccuracies were really hurting him and his confidence in my opinion.  

I'm betting the NP to ZJ combo is going to a big one.

The CoT lives on.  Long live the 6th-round backup who came to Buffalo and beat out EJ Manuel and Matt Cassel!!  :rolleyes:

I'll take a bet on that, btw - I believe Taylor will never start again except as a clear placeholder for an existing  rookie heir apparent.

I really don't see Peterman as a gunslinger based on what play I've seen.  He makes fast decisions and gets the ball out.  That's just called good NFL QB play.

Never been a big fan of Favre myself - threw way too many picks.

The issue with Taylor is that not throwing interceptions by not throwing the ball isn't really a useful approach - he's consistently at the bottom of the league in time-to-throw and that unsurprisingly leads to sacks which aren't a whole lot better that INTs.

And yet Bridgewater has carved out legendary status in just two seasons of doing  this.

• Thank you (+1) 1