Nfl.com: Potential landing spots for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

I doubt that Tyrod will remain unemployed long, and he may very well wind up in a far better situation than whatever sacrificial lamb of a rookie QB unfortunate to be tapped by the Bills in the draft finds himself in. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I like that show when i see it, which is not often, but much like the most of the national media, we know a ton more about the Bills and the situation then those guys do.

First guy that talks says he loves the move, seems to get why it was made. Then the two other guys talk, comes back to original dude, and he goes on to say how bad the front office looks for the extension he got last year. No clue it was a redo and really a year gig at a $9M reduced salary.^_^

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I like that show when i see it, which is not often, but much like the most of the national media, we know a ton more about the Bills and the situation then those guys do.

First guy that talks says he loves the move, seems to get why it was made. Then the two other guys talk, comes back to original dude, and he goes on to say how bad the front office looks for the extension he got last year. No clue it was a redo and really a year gig at a $9M reduced salary.^_^

They never have a clue when it comes to smaller market teams. These very same guys were interviewing Shady in the off-season and asking if he thinks Tyrod is the guy, and of course Shady answered by saying he likes Tyrod and he does a lot of good things. 

Outsiders will say we under value Tyrod, but, they've only seen his highlights. This is coming from a Tyrod backer. I will continue to like Tyrod as a player and be a fan of the player, but the defense kept them in 7 out of the 9 games and the two games the defense couldn't create turnovers, and seemed lost. He was unable to pick up the slack. 

So Tyrod seems to have been figured out by the rest of the NFL, "make him be a QB". Going to a different team isnt going to make the league forget how to defense him. He's been figured out, he's done. Nobody is going to want him as a starter, backup, sure maybe. 

Without an ounce of hate towards TT, I don't think he's in the mix to start for anyone. The tape is out on the guy. No one will win with a guy who plays his game. I think of Kap and Wilson a few years ago. Both were pretty much equal, and it worked...till DC's figured out how to kill the run aspect. Wilson evolved into a decent passer, Kap...well...not trying to open that convo...just saying....his arm never progressed. Tyrod is closer to old Kap than new Wilson. Therefore....good luck TT. You will make a nice back up but can't see anyone giving you the reigns for their team day 1.

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He sure has a lot of fans nationally. Tyrod's fault is he isn't Jim Kelly. And that's hard. At the same time, he is an unconventional QB, and our offense is too conventional. And that's why it doesn't work as well as it could with him at helm. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

He sure has a lot of fans nationally. Tyrod's fault is he isn't Jim Kelly. And that's hard. At the same time, he is an unconventional QB, and our offense is too conventional. And that's why it doesn't work as well as it could with him at helm. 

No Tyrod stayed the starter cause "he was better than anyone the Bills have had" since Kelly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

Is Tyrod under contract or is it a one year "prove it" deal?

think there is a $6M bonus 3rd day of the league year, then $10M non guaranteed salary, effectively ensuring he will not be on the Bills after the 2nd day of the league year. Think about $3M or so in dead for next year if he is cut.

LOL at Rosenthal's shot at Bills organization at the end of article.

As I said earlier in the week........Tyrod's benching will be roundly perceived as an extremely raw deal..........you take away his playmakers and don't coach to his strengths and then blame him.

I was joking with JSP in other thread but all the players McD will have dumped in his first 12 months as the Bills HC/GM (Beane is his assistant) could end up greatly affecting teams that will play deep into the playoffs.    Wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrod and Dareus in a championship game in Jax next year or the Rams in a SB with Watkins and Woods this year or even Watson and Mahomes facing off in the playoffs next year just a few months after Nate Peterman gets benched for Derek Anderson or some other familiar old scrub.

McD has made some BOLD moves that could really make him look like a buffoon if he doesn't get his own organization into contention.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

So Tyrod seems to have been figured out by the rest of the NFL, "make him be a QB". Going to a different team isnt going to make the league forget how to defense him. He's been figured out, he's done. Nobody is going to want him as a starter, backup, sure maybe. 

Just like Fitzpatrick was supposedly done?  Taylor is a better QB than Fitzpatrick by a mile, and some smart team will take advantage of his availability.  If he ended up as the starter in Jax, Baltimore or Arizona, he likely joins the many other ex-Bills who regularly go to the post-season while the Bills QBs go home early.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

LOL at Rosenthal's shot at Bills organization at the end of article.

As I said earlier in the week........Tyrod's benching will be roundly perceived as an extremely raw deal..........you take away his playmakers and don't coach to his strengths and then blame him.

I was joking with JSP in other thread but all the players McD will have dumped in his first 12 months as the Bills HC/GM (Beane is his assistant) could end up greatly affecting teams that will play deep into the playoffs.    Wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrod and Dareus in a championship game in Jax or the Rams in a SB with Watkins and Woods this year or even Watson and Mahomes facing off in the playoffs next year just a few months after Nate Peterman gets benched for Derek Anderson or some other familiar old scrub.

McD has made some BOLD moves that could really make him look like a buffoon if he doesn't get his own organization into contention.

I totally agree.  Time will tell on this, but I think that more than a few GMs will be anxiously waiting for the Bills to cut Taylor loose.