Nfl.com: Potential landing spots for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

One thing Whaley was right about is that Tyrod is not good enough. The new regime has apparently reached that conclusion as well.

Tyrod is a stand up guy and it's too bad that he hasn't been able to truly grow as a passer but to say he was "mistreated" assumes that he is owed something by the team or the league. The truth is, if he performed well he would be playing next week.

Mobile QBs who cannot grow into true passers just don't last in the league. It's too easy for a defense to take away the running aspect of their game. This also takes away the running back running the ball. Then what?

Hes not a great passer passer but he’s not a mess. Invest in outside receivers and downfield threats instead of possession receivers and tight ends. A solid running game. Picture Pittsburgh maybe. 

The biggest catch 22 is you need him on a cheap contract to be successful and as soon as he’s successful you lose the cheap contract.

6 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

They never have a clue when it comes to smaller market teams. These very same guys were interviewing Shady in the off-season and asking if he thinks Tyrod is the guy, and of course Shady answered by saying he likes Tyrod and he does a lot of good things. 

Outsiders will say we under value Tyrod, but, they've only seen his highlights. This is coming from a Tyrod backer. I will continue to like Tyrod as a player and be a fan of the player, but the defense kept them in 7 out of the 9 games and the two games the defense couldn't create turnovers, and seemed lost. He was unable to pick up the slack. 

Some people wanted to theorize that the recent motivation drop was due to Dareus or maybe Sammy. When all along these players were smart enough to realize it was Tyrod.

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why wouldn't he have bet on himself in Buffalo right?   The way he finished the 2016 season he was confident and comfortable.  He had Watkins coming back healthy and had no reason to suspect he'd be sharing a backfield with Mike Tolbert.    McD really did him dirty since he re-worked that contract.:lol:

He was overall not good in 2016, betting on yourself after that year would be really really stupid.  

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I suggest quitting while you're behind. Kirby ain't always right, but he is better informed about the game than just about anyone here. 

"Just about" being the operative phrase ;)

8 hours ago, kdiggz said:

could see him end up in Jax or Denver

Jacksonville would actually be a nice fit. That defense is good enough that you really just want a QB who doesn't aggressively try to lose games for you, the way Bortles still does (although less frequently in the past).  Not turning the ball over, occasionally making a big play?  That can easily get you 10 wins or more with a great defense.  Now, with a defense that gives up 300 yards rushing? Not so much.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Some people wanted to theorize that the recent motivation drop was due to Dareus or maybe Sammy. When all along these players were smart enough to realize it was Tyrod.

I see. Then we should expect great O line play, a solid pass rush, and a strong run defense Sunday.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

“We will evaluate everyone and do what’s in the best interest of our football team.” That’s a true statement. Coaches dance around things all of the time. You don’t gain credibility in the locker room by saying one thing and doing another. We hear the word “trust” a lot. McDermott didn’t gain trust here.

Given his constant refusal to name taylor the starter in the offseason, I’m a little surprised to go back on such a concrete statement so quickly.

41 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Given his constant refusal to name taylor the starter in the offseason, I’m a little surprised to go back on such a concrete statement so quickly.

It’s dangerous IMO. It certainly isn’t something that they love in the locker room. He has some trust to regain.

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Arizona would be a good spot for him because Arians like to go vertical.  Every route he has, at least one guy is running deep.  

Ha, he wouldn't last a game in Arizona. Arians likes to chuck the ball around and go vertical but that offense is also built around timing and slants. Not what Taylor does very well. 

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Unless Arizona has a new coaching staff he doesn't fit the system. Denver already has too many QB in the stable. Cleveland, Washington and Jackassville might be landing spots with both the Jets and Giants as outside chances. There will not be a very big market for him and with some other possible guys on the market that window will be less. 

Look at the 2018 possible free agents:

1. Alex Smith
  2. Kirk Cousins
  3. Sam Bradford
  4. Case Keenum
  5. Josh McCown
  6. Mike Glennon
  7. Blake Bortles

Now think about the six teams listed:

1. Arizona
  2. Cleveland
  3. Denver
  4. Jackassville
  5. New York Jets
  6. Washington

I think you can figure out a better option for each team with the other possible 7 QB's listed. 

1. Arizona - Cousins or Smith
  2. Cleveland - Glennon, Taylor, Keenum, Bortles
  3. Denver - (too many already on the roster) but Smith or Cusins
  4. Jackassville - Keenum, Bortles, Taylor
  5. Jets - McCown (because he's looked good enough for them)
  6. Washington - Smith

Bradford will not hit the market and if the Giants move on from Manning that's just another option to add to the mix of QB options. 

What has happened with Tyrod is what happens with every other electrifying mobile QB...

First, he comes in and has a lot of early success running around and making some explosive plays. Fans fall in love. People say WOW! IT works for a bit.

Then defenses adjust and one of two things happens:

1) He adapts into more of a typical pocket passer who runs occasionally or makes the defense pay when things break down

2) He tries to continue playing his game and becomes severely limited when defenses take away his ability to run

It's too easy to defend a QB who cannot or will not throw unless a guy is wide open. Your game has to be multi dimensional to pose a real threat to a defense.

Ultimately you need your QB to distribute the football efficiently to the WRs TEs and RBs while also making smart decisions.

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Denver feels like far and away the best fit IMO. I would say that Jacksonville is next followed by Arizona, Cleveland and the Jets. 

Totally agree on Denver.  I’d take Cleveland out of the mix of backup teams though. 

2 hours ago, Yav said:

Unless Arizona has a new coaching staff he doesn't fit the system. Denver already has too many QB in the stable. Cleveland, Washington and Jackassville might be landing spots with both the Jets and Giants as outside chances. There will not be a very big market for him and with some other possible guys on the market that window will be less. 

Look at the 2018 possible free agents:

1. Alex Smith
  2. Kirk Cousins
  3. Sam Bradford
  4. Case Keenum
  5. Josh McCown
  6. Mike Glennon
  7. Blake Bortles

Now think about the six teams listed:

1. Arizona
  2. Cleveland
  3. Denver
  4. Jackassville
  5. New York Jets
  6. Washington

I think you can figure out a better option for each team with the other possible 7 QB's listed. 

1. Arizona - Cousins or Smith
  2. Cleveland - Glennon, Taylor, Keenum, Bortles
  3. Denver - (too many already on the roster) but Smith or Cusins
  4. Jackassville - Keenum, Bortles, Taylor
  5. Jets - McCown (because he's looked good enough for them)
  6. Washington - Smith

Bradford will not hit the market and if the Giants move on from Manning that's just another option to add to the mix of QB options. 

Add the Steelers too, if Ben retires (which I think he will) they seem like a team destined for a vet. They think pretty highly of Tyrod too from the guys I know over there.

22 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Denver feels like far and away the best fit IMO. I would say that Jacksonville is next followed by Arizona, Cleveland and the Jets. 

I could see that too. I think hes a solid leader. I like him enough to hope he doesnt get stuck in cleveland at the factory of sadness. I think denver or jax would be cool landing spots for em.