When overwhelmed at work how do you cope?

Another Fan

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I used to run before work for a while (easier to squeeze in and get cleaned up) and that really changed my attitude when I arrived at the job. It seemed to help all day. 

Yep, I love my early morning workout.  It sets the stage for the day.

My wife has been going to Orange Theory at 5-6:00am. She says that totally changes her day. It’s a whacky rotational workout. I know I get down when the weather turns here in Atlanta, and I wish I was back in Florida having beautiful tennis and beach weather almost every day. To each their own. Up north I’d have to find a gym workout I loved or I’d get depressed. It’s a real thing. 

6 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife has been going to Orange Theory at 5-6:00am. She says that totally changes her day. It’s a whacky rotational workout. I know I get down when the weather turns here in Atlanta, and I wish I was back in Florida having beautiful tennis and beach weather almost every day. To each their own. Up north I’d have to find a gym workout I loved or I’d get depressed. It’s a real thing. 

Lol weather turns he says. ATLANTA he says.

:lol: 

I fortunately sit next to a window with a view into a field and I get to look outside and see the deer out back.  

there were 2 buck rattling antlers yesterday.   Very relaxing and reminiscent of days in the woods

I miss hunting 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 hours ago, Augie said:

this is the truth.  my wife does orange theory too and loves it.  the one by us is so popular, they're opening another.  it's this time you year that working out becomes critical.  it hasn't gotten bad yet, but by that february/march time, there's been so much dark and cold that the seasonal depression sets in.  if i don't work out, i get whacky.

22 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Lol ways that won't get a person fired. Take deep breaths, step out of the office for example 

I used to come on TBD and find the first obnoxious idiot to cross the line and take it all out on them.  I still do, but I used to, too.

4 hours ago, Jerry Christ said:

Lately I have been shutting the door and listening to music.......people are sour around here......so many unhappy people and they take it out on people who differ from them.

Are these the rainmakers or shareholders or the grinds who do the work, and you don't want to get along with them?

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Are these the rainmakers or shareholders or the grinds who do the work, and you don't want to get along with them?

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They are not in my department but must walk down the halls of my department to see their boss. Just seem so unhappy and hateful. No shareholders/etc in this business that come around.

6 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Lol weather turns he says. ATLANTA he says.

:lol: 

As I tell the wife: “It’s either tennis weather, or it’s NOT.”

I love a good sweat, but if I sweat AND I’m cold THAT gives me flashbacks of shoveling snow as a kid. My family knows I’m scarred from my youth. :mellow:

Moving back to Florida is my dream.