When overwhelmed at work how do you cope?

Another Fan

I make a list of all the crap I need to do.

I prioritize it - as well as separate out the things I can knock out right away.

As I look at the list with some of the tasks checked off, it immediately calms me.

I also have a couple people in the office to whom I can vent/let off a little steam.  That helps.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jerry Christ said:

They are not in my department but must walk down the halls of my department to see their boss. Just seem so unhappy and hateful. No shareholders/etc in this business that come around.

Just making sure, if they are powerless and can't REALLY hurt you, closed door with music is a good way to get through it...

2 hours ago, teef said:

this is the truth.  my wife does orange theory too and loves it.  the one by us is so popular, they're opening another.  it's this time you year that working out becomes critical.  it hasn't gotten bad yet, but by that february/march time, there's been so much dark and cold that the seasonal depression sets in.  if i don't work out, i get whacky.

We joined a gym/club that I havn’t been to in 6-8 months. The primary motivation for that club was they put a bubble over 4 tennis courts in the winter. My wife went to yoga, but gave it up for Orange Theory. Because I haven’t been in so long we decided to save the $250/month so we just quit. In November. Yes, I’m an idiot for not waiting until spring. 

that's great Augie, just don't overdo it or burn out, an increase in exercise of moderation that is enjoyable is important

I have to get this back into my life as well.

Edited by row_33

When I get REALLY overwhelmed at work, I take a deep breath.... look for the shift manager, then start leaving the fries in too long- to where most are half black and crusty.... then every special order burger that comes through gets sent out as it is on the menu.... no pickles? F U... EXTRA pickles.... mustard allergy? Mustard, coming right up!!! You should see how McPissed people get, it’s such a huge pick me up!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountryCletus said:

When I get REALLY overwhelmed at work, I take a deep breath.... look for the shift manager, then start leaving the fries in too long- to where most are half black and crusty.... then every special order burger that comes through gets sent out as it is on the menu.... no pickles? F U... EXTRA pickles.... mustard allergy? Mustard, coming right up!!! You should see how McPissed people get, it’s such a huge pick me up!

And here I thought you just worked the breakfast shift....surprised me

1 hour ago, CountryCletus said:

Food allergies can be fatal.