Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

Could you just post a link and part of the story?

This way we can choose to read it or not.  

I thought that is what the terms of agreement were here.  

Also. THE GIANT FONT is also annoying

There is an option to reduce it. 

Thanks in advance.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oooh more copied stories.  

How about you post a link and part of the story.  

This way we can choose to read it or not.  

I thought that is what the terms of agreement were here.  

Also. THE GIANT FONT is also annoying

There is an option to reduce it. 

Thanks in advance.  

TROLL

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

just my opinion and you can call me a troll too if you like, but Shady does have a point. that being said, it doesn't bother me that much.

He has no point.  He wants to troll in response to me from thread to thread. He's a weakling. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Thanks Foxx

On a mobile it makes it a pain to scroll through 

in his defense, he did only post part of the story on the Bills. in the article there is much more than the three paragraphs he quoted. 

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hahaha that’s funny. 

Someone is still hurt Taylor got benched.  

I'm not the one quoting posts from you from thread to thread.  You want attention, just like all trolls do. 

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

in his defense, he did only post part of the story on the Bills. in the article there is much more than the three paragraphs he quoted. 

What I posted is directly relevant to the discussion on Peterman.  The aricle is much much more than that.  Like I said, he's trolling for attention.  Pathetic!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm not the one quoting posts from you from thread to thread.  You want attention, just like all trolls do. 

What I posted is directly relevant to the discussion on Peterman.  The aricle is much much more than that.  Like I said, he's trollingh for attention.  Pathetic!

i don't think shady is a troll, though he may certainly be trolling you because some of your posts directly effect his forum viewing experience. 

it is neither ones fault really though. I'm sure you are not doing it intentionally to harm him. if the forum had a mobile friendly theme your posts wouldn't be as much of a factor to Shady's forum experience. 

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i don't think shady is a troll, though he may certainly be trolling you because some of your posts directly effect his forum viewing experience. 

it is neither ones fault really though. I'm sure you are not doing it intentionally to harm him. if the forum had a mobile friendly theme your posts wouldn't be as much of a factor to Shady's forum experience. 

No one is forcing him to respond to me or even see what I post. He's certainly not contributing to the discussion of the subject matter, therefore he's trolling.  I'm done posting about this pathetic individual. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one is forcing him to respond to me or even see what I post. He's certainly not contributing to the discussion of the subject matter, therefore he's trolling.  I'm done posting about this pathetic individual. 

And calling me a troll in giant

letters, Pathetic, and attention grabber is contributing? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

as i said to you in another thread somewhere, i love your 'news feed'. and i'm quite sure i'm not alone in that regard. Shady might be there as well, it is just that those large fonts screw with the mobile screen.

just my two satoshi....carry on.

Edited by Foxx

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....Savage gets benched in favor of Watson......Glennon in favor of Tribusky......Hoyer in favor of Bethard......and of course sort out the 37 benchings in Cleveland......not much from the media.....TT is benched for Peterman and Buffalo is the class clown.....go figure............

The joke of it is if Peterman goes 30-45 for 400 yards and 4 tds in a 38-35 Bills victory hell be the media darling of the week. Youll see the Nathan Peterman trick shot video about 500 times on ESPN.

Just now, THEHARDTRUTH said:

The joke of it is if Peterman goes 30-45 for 400 yards and 4 tds in a 38-35 Bills victory hell be the media darling of the week. Youll see the Nathan Peterman trick shot video about 500 times on ESPN.

No team has really torched the Chargers' D all season long, so that would certainly be a surprise.

1 minute ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Don’t forget to add in a 4th Qtr come from behind win.  

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No team has really torched the Chargers' D all season long, so that would certainly be a surprise.

Im not predicting it. Just illustrating the hypocrisy that is the media. 20-30 for 250 and 2 tds would be a great start. 

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Don’t forget to add in a 4th Qtr come from behind win.  

I was actually thinking 90 yard 4th qtr game tying drive with 1:30 to play and no timeouts and then an ot opening 75 yard drive for the gw td. I think that how it works. You score a td on the opening drive of ot you win, right?

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH

6 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Im not predicting it. Just illustrating the hypocrisy that is the media. 20-30 for 250 and 2 tds would be a great start. 

I was actually thinking 90 yard 4th qtr game tying drive with 1:30 to play and no timeouts and then an ot opening 75 yard drive for the gw td. I think that how it works. You score a td on the opening drive of ot you win, right?

Yes first possession TD wins the game in OT

A little more background on Peterman.

Interesting video from a high school football scout who rated Peterman a four-star from the class of 2012. Peterman later signed with the Tennessee Volunteers.

"He had a cannon of an arm. This was a kid who wasn't overly-tall. 6-2. Not short, but certainly not a 6-foot-5 guy. Could move the pocket, extend the play. Had very good feel for the game itself, downfield vision, and a cannon of an arm. Intermediate throws, short throws, long throws - the ball was just a rocket. And that was part of the problem. Didn't have a ton of touch on his throws coming out of high school. We had him as a 4-star guy, a Top 10 pro-style quarterback. We liked a lot about him because we could see the gunslinger mentality, the cockiness, the feeling that he could fit the football wherever he needed to. And most often, he did that. He was successful. But a lot of teams were also scared away a bit by that mentality. Because he did make some mistakes. He did turn the ball over here and there. Especially in some key situations where he just relied on his arm too much."

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Considering the lack of speed and explosiveness Benjamin and Matthews bring to the table, Peterman's back-shoulder-fade game will need to be on point for Buffalo's offense to flourish.

Benjamins average yards per catch is actually pretty decent at 14.4 per catch. 2.6 yards better than Matthews and almost a full yard better than Antonio Brown. Im not saying hes even close to Brown overall. Just saying he can make plays that get the ball downfield. Maybe more of a yac guy than a Marquis Goodwin type but still a guy capable of breaking it. Hes not just a possesion guy.

11 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Interesting video from a high school football scout who rated Peterman a four-star from the class of 2012. Peterman later signed with the Tennessee Volunteers.

"He had a cannon of an arm. This was a kid who wasn't overly-tall. 6-2. Not short, but certainly not a 6-foot-5 guy. Could move the pocket, extend the play. Had very good feel for the game itself, downfield vision, and a cannon of an arm. Intermediate throws, short throws, long throws - the ball was just a rocket. And that was part of the problem. Didn't have a ton of touch on his throws coming out of high school. We had him as a 4-star guy, a Top 10 pro-style quarterback. We liked a lot about him because we could see the gunslinger mentality, the cockiness, the feeling that he could fit the football wherever he needed to. And most often, he did that. He was successful. But a lot of teams were also scared away a bit by that mentality. Because he did make some mistakes. He did turn the ball over here and there. Especially in some key situations where he just relied on his arm too much."

Thanks for posting this.  Sounds very Favre-like to me...and no, I'm not predicting Peterman is the next Favre but I want a QB who rides the fine line between confidence and cockiness.  Tyrod seems like more of a happy-go-lucky kind of guy but it appears that Peterman has an edge.

It should be an entertaining final seven weeks of the regular season...I think we're going to see the ball zipping around a lot more than we've been used to seeing recently.

13 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He does strike me more of a gunslinger.   I'm sure we will see plenty of the bad with the good

I put this in a different thread as well when someone mentioned Vick, but I'm going to put it here as well.

This is interesting because if I were to ask who the better NFL QB is, Michael Vick or Tyrod Taylor, I am assuming people would unanimously say Vick. Well, if that is true...

Vick's best season was in 2004 when he was 24 years old with a  record of 11-4 where he passed for 2,313 yards, 14TDs and 12INT. He rushed for 902 yards and 3 TDs this season. The Falcons were middle of the road on defense this year, ranking 14th overall. Fun fact, Peerless Price was on this team.

You want yards instead? The most yards Vick every passed for was 3303 in 2011with the Philadelphia Eagles when he was 31 years old. He tossed 18 TDs to 14 INTs and had a 7-6 record as a starter that year. Fun fact, LeSean McCoy and Jason Peters were on that team...along with DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Brent Celek (more talent than we have).

Aside from that 11 win season the next best season Vick had in terms of wins is 8. He did this three times, twice with Atlanta and once with Philly.

So, if we all agree Vick is better than Tyrod, and I really do not know how you can argue otherwise, it should be apparent that he has had more than enough time to prove himself and what he can do. What do you want to do, wait around for 3000 yards and a couple 8 win seasons? Vick played 12 seasons (tossing out 2009 when he only started 1 game) and won more than 8 games once. ONCE! 1 for 12 on winning more than 8 games. And people are really waiting on a less talented player to lead this team to the playoffs?

Yea, this QB change was long overdue

21 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It could be just talk hard to tell 

Sunday at 4 can’t come soon enough.  

4pm...totally forgot about that. Yuck and BOOOOOOO

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Brooks: Jags possess most high-end talent in NFL

BILLS' QUARTERBACK CHANGE: How'll Peterman fit in this offense?

Peterman, the 171st overall pick this past April, is a classic pocket passer with C+ arm talent. Although he lacks the cannon to push the ball to every area of the field, he is a rhythm passer adept at getting the ball "out and up" quickly on deep throws. As a "connect the dots" passer from the pocket, Peterman is at his best working the short and intermediate areas of the field. Peterman's ability to rapidly work through progressions -- and get to his second or third option -- made him an effective passer at Pitt. He completed 61.1 percent of his passes and posted a 47:15 TD-to-INT ratio while averaging 8.3 yards per attempt during his two-year stint as a starter. Those numbers were complemented by the 518 rushing yards and three rushing scores Peterman amassed while directing Panthers' unique pro-style offense, which featured a lot of misdirection action (jet sweep) and option plays in the backfield. Although he isn't an A-level athlete or an explosive dual-threat playmaker, Peterman has enough mobility and movement skills to be a competent runner on zone-read plays and some designed quarterback runs.

Peterman could indeed be ready, generally speaking, but I have concerns about a rookie quarterback at the helm of this offense. The newly minted starter has a more traditional game that will alter the way defenses attack the Bills and their 15th-ranked running game. Instead of assigning a defender to monitor the quarterback on zone-read plays, defensive coordinators will use the extra man to crowd the box and neutralize LeSean McCoy. When this plus-one approach is combined with man coverage on the outside, the Bills could face as many as nine defenders in the box on obvious run downs.

With that in mind, Peterman must be able to threaten opponents with the deep ball to keep the safeties from creeping near the line of scrimmage. If he is able to get the ball to Kelvin Benjamin or Jordan Matthews on a handful of vertical routes, defensive coordinators will pause a bit before condensing the field with the loaded boxes. Thus, the pressure is also on the Bills' receivers to win their one-on-one battles on the outside against press coverage. Considering the lack of speed and explosiveness Benjamin and Matthews bring to the table, Peterman's back-shoulder-fade game will need to be on point for Buffalo's offense to flourish.

I really like this analysis.  It will be interesting to see if Shady has more chances to shake and bake.  If so, and Peterman gets 250 yards, then we have reason for hope even if we lose.

15 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Honest question - was it a cannon in the context of a High School ? One of the reasons he dropped is apparently due to a average arm. 

8 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I really like this analysis.  It will be interesting to see if Shady has more chances to shake and bake.  If so, and Peterman gets 250 yards, then we have reason for hope even if we lose.

I think that success in the passing game is what will allow Shady to shake and bake.   

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Honest question - was it a cannon in the context of a High School ? One of the reasons he dropped is apparently due to a average arm. 

It is.  If he can process informatio fast enough to get the ball out quickly to the correct receivers and in the right spots, he'll be able to overcome that.  We'll see. 

16 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I think the Tennessee thing really hurt his stock.  When Josh Dobbs came in and took his job, that really set him back.  Then he had to transfer, sit, go to a less notable program.  All those things can really delay development and/or attention.  I'm hoping his early setbacks result in an amazing ceiling for him with the Bills.

Would anyone be happy with him turning into Kirk Cousins?
Could he be the next Trevor Siemian?

Will he be better than the other QBs in his class?

These are interesting questions to answer over the next weeks and possibly years.

Edited by dulles

29 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I found it interesting that he said that. Obviously in the context of HS because he's not known for a cannon where he can just throw bullets with the flick of the wrist. But his arm is at least as strong as Deshaun Watson's.

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I found it interesting that he said that. Obviously in the context of HS because he's not known for a cannon where he can just throw bullets with the flick of the wrist. But his arm is at least as strong as Deshaun Watson's.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about arm strength for a QB but is it just me or does his throwing motion look weird?  I don't really watch many QB's and how they throw other than the Bills QB's so maybe that's what good mechanics look like and I'm just use to seeing bad mechanics for as long as we have had bad QB's.

10 minutes ago, dulles said:

I think the Tennessee thing really hurt his stock.  When Josh Dobbs came in and took his job, that really set him back.  Then he had to transfer, sit, go to a less notable program.  All those things can really delay development and/or attention.  I'm hoping his early setbacks result in an amazing ceiling for him with the Bills.

Would anyone be happy with him turning into Kirk Cousins?
Could he be the next Trevor Siemian?

Will he be better than the other QBs in his class?

These are interesting questions to answer over the next weeks and possibly years.

His college career and resulting assessment is very similar to Brady's.

• Like Brady, Peterman lacked the overwhelming size/strength and physical traits, which resulted in being overlooked a bit by coaches.
  • Politics held them both back. Mega-recruit Drew Henson kept taking playing time from Brady, while Dobbs was the recruit of new HC Butch Jones - who didn't recruit Peterman. Peterman probably should have seen the writing on the wall after his redshirt freshman season and transferred a year earlier than he did.
  • Then when each finally had an opportunity to start in their redshirt junior seasons, they ran run-oriented pro-style offenses that didn't feature the quarterback.

Obviously Brady is the GOAT and Peterman will not be. But when you analyze it you can see the similarities.

Just now, The Wiz said:

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about arm strength for a QB but is it just me or does his throwing motion look weird?  I don't really watch many QB's and how they throw other than the Bills QB's so maybe that's what good mechanics look like and I'm just use to seeing bad mechanics for as long as we have had bad QB's.

It was weird in high school, which is common. It's been corrected since then.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It was weird in high school, which is common. It's been corrected since then.

I kinda figure that was the case.  It didn't look like that when he was playing last week but the camera wasn't really focused in as much so I couldn't tell.