Gameday Thread Bills vs Saints 2nd Half

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Fair enough. I like TT, but it just seems like he has been exposed as just a good backup. 

I doubt Peterman will be all that much better. He is able to get the ball out fast, which would open up the running game.

This offense demands a QB who can throw with anticipation. Taylor has shown he's unwilling to do that time and time again. Peterman will. That's a big difference between them and one Rico has to consider. 

But Rico is terrible, he's forcing a system on his players that they're not suited for... So I don't have high hopes of that happening. 

:beer:

Just now, par73 said:

I was most concerned about the D going into this game. Now-- I just don't know what to say.

I know what I want to say about the D... but I think Scott's filters on the board would make it illegible. :) 

3 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I'm not calling Peterman a savior just yet, that was against a prevent D without the game on the line. That was essentially practice squad but he was getting the ball out very quick and taking shots, something we haven't had. McD has a tough choice to make, I know for alot of fans it's a simple choice but changing QBs midseason is never easy for an offense.

The Saints were playing prevent half-way through the 3rd quarter fyi... and Tyrod still stunk it up. He waited for guys to get open vs decisive throwing them open.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're misunderstanding my point. I'm not saying it's worthless or saying TT is the man. Just pointing out that QB's look very different when they're playing against prevent defense (and back ups at that) than they do when they're facing actual pressure in a game that isn't decided.

Peterman looked okay... better than Taylor ... against a defense who already had the game salted away. It's pertinent information to factor in. :beer: 

No i 100% understand what u meant and am smart enough to know exactlywhat you're telling me to take a look at, but what I'm telling you is that I'm taking the ignorant approach and showing him ZERO respect. He doesn't deserve for me to think like a rational human being.

Garbage time....yes. Does it mean anything? Maybe....maybe not. But we know what Taylor is and we know he's not good enough. We don't know what Petterman is yet. But man, it was so nice watching the ball come out on time and be thrown to WRs instead of Tolbert. We have lots of holes on this team. None bigger than QB. I don't know if Petterman will be better than Taylor. I actually don't know that he's not already better than Taylor for that matter. But,with the holes on this team, I would much rather learn more about Petterman. Win or lose, he's definitely more interesting to watch than Taylor.

2 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

No i 100% understand what u meant and am smart enough to know exactlywhat you're telling me to take a look at, but what I'm telling you is that I'm taking the ignorant approach and showing him ZERO respect. He doesn't deserve for me to think like a rational human being.

:lol: You do you. :beer:

33 minutes ago, Billznut said:

If the coaching staff plays Peterman next week and from now on and he does well, it makes the coaching staff look idiotic for keeping him on the bench. They will NEVER start him this year. 

Exactly...continuing to start Taylor gives them a pass for this year

Amazing how a 6-3 record continues to remain elusive for the Bills for 18 straight seasons...it's not even that great of a record, yet year after year we never seem to achieve it

I hate that NFL head coaches can be so damn conservative. Odds are you are only going to be in a job for a few years. Go for broke. Break the streak in Buffalo and you are made. Go 6-10 and join the list of futility and broken promises. 

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No doubt. I didn't mean that it's meaningless, just something that makes a difference. 

Taylor isn't the guy. I'm fine with moving on but I don't think Peterman is the guy either (personally). 

wtf? He plays two series, looks pretty good, albeit against 2nd team, and he is already not the guy. hahaha that is deranged

9 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Yet again I was flamed but was right again. 

Your mother was right, you are amazing.