halftime speeches

nuklz2594

Well we've seen many post game locker room speeches so my guess would be it's similar to that but more serious with team captains speaking to their group.

Another guess would be that all sides of the ball are separated so that the coordinators can speak to THEIR guys only and maybe right before they come back on the field, McDermott probably gives a team "protect the dirt" or "make sure you bring your process" speech on the way out.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, nuklz2594 said:

my patriot bride asked me what happens at half time when your team i s losing?  honestly i have nuthin.  anyone?

You had nuthin at patriot bride!  

If one of my sons came home with a patriots fan, my wife would spare her life...but it wouldn't be pretty.
My son, on the other hand..."Bad things man, bad things!"

39 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Mostly adjustments a quick bathroom break would be my best bet. I'm sure coaches say something.

Yep, by the time they get in locker room and sit down , it's time to go back out...half time adjustments are a myth...every team has a computer on the sidelines and instant video of the game...adjustments are made all during the game

Agree with the above poster.  They divide up and position and coordinators speak briefly what to watch out for in the second half and maybe 30 seconds from McDermott.  These incredibly inspirational halftime talks are for the movies.

they simply don't have the time.  Think about it.  A running 15 minute clock, taking off equipment to go to the bathroom, and get rehydrated.  They make adjustments all game long.

5 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Well we've seen many post game locker room speeches so my guess would be it's similar to that but more serious with team captains speaking to their group.

Another guess would be that all sides of the ball are separated so that the coordinators can speak to THEIR guys only and maybe right before they come back on the field, McDermott probably gives a team "protect the dirt" or "make sure you bring your process" speech on the way out.

this seems to be the most realistic.  Coordinators talking to the various sides about adjustments to be made (whether the team is winning or losing), and then perhaps something form the HC to get them pumped up.  

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

A fiery win one for the gipper speech. I bet Marrone would have been good at that.

Marrone was great at it, obviously.  

Rodney Marsh during his soccer heyday in England was told by his manager that if he didn’t play better that he was going to get pulled off at halftime. Rodney noted immediately that at Chelsea they only game him tea and an orange slice.

——-

at halftime Bobby Knight tells his team he is sick and tired of losing to Purdue.

I'm not sure I understand the perspective of the question.  Is she asking in general, or is she asking what the Bills do, or is she asking what Belichick does?  I'm not certain about the first two, but apparently Belichick promises to feed on the souls of players' innocent children if they don't cheat their way to a win.