ESPN: Predicting Every NFL Team's 2020 QB

26CornerBlitz

Doesn't seem plausible in any sense to me with Beane and McDermott at OBD. 

Jimmy Garoppolo was traded to the 49ers in a splashy deal at the deadline, but we don't think he'll be in San Francisco for long. Here are our predictions for all future starting QBs.

This story appears in ESPN The Magazine's Nov. 13 QB Crossroads Issue.

Some NFL teams don't know who their quarterback will be in three weeks, let alone three years. Lucky for them, NFL Insider Dan Graziano has seen the future of quarterbacks, and the quarterbacks of the future.

Here are his predictions on all 32 QBs in 2020 presented in tiers:

TEAMS WITH ... NO PLAN

Buffalo Bills

2020 QB: Sam Bradford

Primary QB from 2014-16: Tyrod Taylor
Total team QBR 2014: 39.8 | 2015: 61.4 | 2016: 56.6

After jettisoning Taylor post-2017 and then muddling through 2018 as the likes of Brock Osweiler and AJ McCarron refuse to beat each other out for the job, the Bills scoop up Bradford in 2019 and are at least happy enough to bring him back for 2020.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Buffalo Bills

2020 QB: Sam Bradford

Primary QB from 2014-16: Tyrod Taylor
Total team QBR 2014: 39.8 | 2015: 61.4 | 2016: 56.6

After jettisoning Taylor post-2017 and then muddling through 2018 as the likes of Brock Osweiler and AJ McCarron refuse to beat each other out for the job, the Bills scoop up Bradford in 2019 and are at least happy enough to bring him back for 2020.

I look forward to Transplant's thread telling us Sam Bradford is really much better than we think...

this is tremendously stupid

the bills will not dump taylor at the end of the year - mark my words.

bills dumping a pro bowl qb without a plan to go forward is so Billsy.

and bradford would not survive here.  there will be some rookie playing before him.

THE FUNNIEST PART: the teams "with a plan"  or "teams with a good plan" are the teams that have QB's starting for them in 2017 without a qb change - or a first round pick this year.

Edited by Boyst62

I saw this earlier and didn’t think it was worth mentioning.  

You cant fix stupid.  

41 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Wow- this is moronic. Everything about the Bills and their "process"  and draft pick accumulation says that they do have a plan. Sadly, someone was paid to write this article. 

That’s ESPN for ya 

Is this the idea of the writer? Or does some editor come up with this crap and force them to write it? Do they swat them on the nose with a newspaper to make them write it?  Do they feel shame afterward?  I’m curious about how this comes to be....

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

What's sad is that ESPN doesn't think the Bills have a plan at QB!!

I wonder where they came up with such a idea, looking at over a decade+ of wonderful we have had at QB why would they think such things.

Heard them talk about this on WGR. So they will cut Tyrod for.....wait for it....no one. :doh: Then sign Franken-QB Sam Bradford?? Even as comedy it's stupid. 

11 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I wonder where they came up with such a idea, looking at over a decade+ of wonderful we have had at QB why would they think such things.

Why would anyone assume a completely new regime would just do things like the Bills did for 17 years? 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I saw this earlier and didn’t think it was worth mentioning.  You cant fix stupid.  

That’s ESPN for ya 

I have a hard time believing whoever wrote that article took it seriously ....... or was sober ...... or something.

It was incredibly lame.

IF they cut ties with Taylor Bradford makes some sense in this offense so long as his health checks out. I think last season was the best of his career. But only as a stopgap for a year while they groom a rookie. If he is still the QB in 2020 something is wrong. 

However, they would be crazy to cut ties with Tyrod after this year for someone like Bradford who is a lateral move. Just keep Tyrod and draft a Quarterback and let Tyrod continue to be the bridge.

I'll say this though.... if Tyrod is still the QB in 2020 then the likelihood is I will be very frustrated with this regime. The Bills QB in 2020 will be someone currently in college.