Did the defense quit on Coach Thursday?

Foreigner

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

You all saw the game Thursday. The Jets ran the ball for 194 yards. Missed tackles all over the field

At 3:39 of the 4th Quarter Matt Forte practically walked on lst down 5 yards into the end zone untouched'

for a 31-7 Jets lead.

Phil Simms on CBS said Monday "Missed tackles are a big thing. That tells you they (the players) don't have

enough guys hustling". Rodney Harrison on NBC said Sunday "When you don't respect your coach,

players will quit on you

So was the defense so bad, worse in the 2nd half,  because

1. The defense quit

2. Or no Dareus

3. Or the Jets saw something on tape no other offense had seen this year.

Whatever you think, Drew Brees is coming to New Era Sunday and he is no chopped liver. 3rd all time in

NFL Career Passing Yards with over 68,000. 4th all time is Mr. Brady with over 64,000.

Will the defense meet the challenge  Sunday? 

Listening to Rodney Harrison is a complete waste of time, imo.  

I just don't see that side of the ball giving up on the coach, team or each other.  

1 hour ago, Augie said:

They played a stinker on the road after a short week. It happens. I’ll just look forward and see what trend develops. 

....that's about as elementary as it gets Augie.....how some of these guys, especially the 300+ lb gang could possibly recover in that short of time frame for game readiness is ludicrous.....nothing but the NFL greedmeisters' cash grab and all in the interest of "player safety and  health"......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

You all saw the game Thursday. The Jets ran the ball for 194 yards. Missed tackles all over the field

At 3:39 of the 4th Quarter Matt Forte practically walked on lst down 5 yards into the end zone untouched'

for a 31-7 Jets lead.

Phil Simms on CBS said Monday "Missed tackles are a big thing. That tells you they (the players) don't have

enough guys hustling". Rodney Harrison on NBC said Sunday "When you don't respect your coach,

players will quit on you

1. The defense quit

2. Or no Dareus

Whatever you think, Drew Brees is coming to New Era Sunday and he is no chopped liver. 3rd all time in

NFL Career Passing Yards with over 68,000. 4th all time is Mr. Brady with over 64,000.

They didn't quit, they missed the bus and didn't show up.

They'll definitely show up Sunday.  We got this !

3 hours ago, Foreigner said:

for a 31-7 Jets lead.

players will quit on you

1. The defense quit

2. Or no Dareus

I think the player's quit on the idea of playing anymore on Thursday night's. Ask Richie. Losing Dareus had a small effect. The Jest gameplanned we'll against us. Wright instead of Gaines hurt. No pass rush from anyone? Sometimes you just have one of those games. They didn't quit on McD or the process.  Just an odd night.

17 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Didn't look like quitting to me so much as having a lack of intensity and desire to hit people. Too much clutch and grab and trying to punch or strip the ball out. Short week, road game, poor preparation may have played a role?  Gotta beat the Saints. Bring it!!

I was thinking this as well watching the game. It's like they heard about how great they were creating turnovers and just went for that. Gotta wrap up. Let 2nd guy in go for the ball. 

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think the player's quit on the idea of playing anymore on Thursday night's. Ask Richie. Losing Dareus had a small effect. The Jest gameplanned we'll against us. Wright instead of Gaines hurt. No pass rush from anyone? Sometimes you just have one of those games. They didn't quit on McD or the process.  Just an odd night.

Losing Dareus I don't feel was as big as not having Milano out there. Guy can create a spark.

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If this team implodes and certain players quit on the team in the 2nd half like years past you better believe they will be long gone after the season no matter if they are entrenched starters, rookies or backups.

It's all about the process but there will be more games this season like what happened against the Jets so should tell us a lot about the team and McD.

how do you know this? please don't tell me it has anything to do with being a savior. my bet is you can't walk on water either.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

The defense actually has not been good all season except at creating TO. Theu really have been AVG all season 

What?  For the first 2 weeks they didn't allow a TD.  In the third week they allowed 1 TD.  Add week 4 they allowed 2 TDs.  Week 5 they allowed 2 more.  So in the first 5 weeks they allowed a total of 5 total TDs.  1 per game.  That's good no matter how you spin it.  

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

What?  For the first 2 weeks they didn't allow a TD.  In the third week they allowed 1 TD.  Add week 4 they allowed 2 TDs.  Week 5 they allowed 2 more.  So in the first 5 weeks they allowed a total of 5 total TDs.  1 per game.  That's good no matter how you spin it.  

16th overall in DVOA, right about where they have been. The Turnovers have helped them alot. Without them right back to what i said AVG. Just another case of heavy over rating of a group because they were precieved to be so bad for the last two years. 

4 hours ago, Foreigner said:

for a 31-7 Jets lead.

players will quit on you

1. The defense quit

2. Or no Dareus

Come on...one bad game and now wondering if the team quit on McD?  All the praise by the players about McD, the chip on their shoulders, loving proving people wrong, and the change in culture are now suddenly being over looked and now we need to question if they quit on the coach?  

Man, lets not over analyze one game.  It was embarrassing loss for sure.  I have seen great teams get embarrassed before.  Its one game that was on a short week where the team mostly came out flat.  It happens, time to move on and see how they respond next week.  One game out of 8 doesn't make a norm or reason to quit.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

16th overall in DVOA, right about where they have been. The Turnovers have helped them alot. Without them right back to what i said AVG. Just another case of heavy over rating of a group because they were precieved to be so bad for the last two years. 

Not true.  Last year was HEAVILY skewed by the false positive in the shutout of the Pats due to extreme circumstances.  In the other 15 games, the defense was awful, including being 26th in the NFL in points allowed at over 26 points per game.  Hence the "false positive" which means "a result which incorrectly indicates that a particular condition or attribute is present."

I already know your tired response of you cant remove games to cherry pick stats.  Which is actually not true.  You look at conditions that falsely a conclusion due to extreme circumstances, and shutting out a Pats team with NO Brady, Jimmy, or Gronk who started a rookie 3rd string QB with a messed up hand qualifies.  Especially considering the overwhelming data over the other 15 games, or 94% of the season.  Furthermore, once those extreme conditions were removed a few weeks later, Brady put up over 40 points on us to prove the false positive week 4 results. And had Brady played week 4 and put up 31 or more on us then, we actually would have dropped to 28th in the NFL...and its MORE than FAIR to say the probability of that was greater than 90%.  

When your D gives up an average of 25 points per game in 94% of the games played...guess what, your D sucks.  We were literally one of the absolute worst defenses last year and its not even close.  

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think you are completely understating how good they were in the beginning of the season.  I just went through the first four games.  I have to make a correction to my first post.  The Jets scored a TD just missed the extra point.  I took it as two fgs until I went through the game.  Now that that is out of the way...

Jets

3 and out

3 and out

FG

FG

19 yards punt

3 and out

TD

22 yards punt

3rd and 8 INT

3 and out

End of game INT

Even without the turnovers the D had a very good game.

Panthers

FG

PUNT

PUNT

FG

3 and out

3 and out

3 and out

PUNT no yardage gained

FG

Again the defense had a very good game

Denver

3 and out

PUNT

FG

TD - they allowed a big run and got two 15 yard penalties.  It wasn't really a drive at all

3 and out

FG

FG

INT on 2nd and 23

19 yards then turnover on downs

INT

20 yards then turnover on downs

Again the defense had a very good game.

Atlanta

PUNT
PUNT
FG
PUNT
TD
Fumble on 3rd and 9

INT

TD

INT on 3rd and 17

Turnover on downs.

Again the defense had a very good game.

Those first four games the defense was stellar.  Take away the turnovers and the games aren't much different because they were stopping the other team anyways.  Taking away turnovers is stupid though because its part of being a good defense.  Again, you can spin it however you want to but they were still very good and you highly understate how they started the first four games.

Didnt read through all 3 pages.....but come on people get a friggin grip....5-3 and saying players are quitting on the coach?? really......believe it or not teams do have games more often than not that the players put a complete sh#t show on display....