Saints news

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, JM57 said:

I'm not saying it's not a *good* win streak. They're doing what you would expect a team with a veteran coaching staff and veteran QB to do, beating teams that are worse than them.

What I was really getting at is that we all know what the Saints offense is. And after the Detroit game, we would have all assumed that it was going to be another year where Brees and company had to score 35 a game to win. I've heard some buzz about their defense's "turnaround" in the past few weeks, which sounda great, but the truth is they have faced Hundley and Trubisky and then 1/2 a game each of Fitz and Winston. I think the defense is still beatable. They didn't turn into the 85 Bears overnight after being hilariously bad for the better part of 5 games

Actually against Detroit they held Detroit to 10 points until the end of the 3rd Quarter.  They were miles ahead and went to prevent way too early.  It nearly cost them.  The defense is still beatable, but it's now a middle of the NFL defense.... and that makes the Saints with that offense a contender.  They are the best team we have played.  

14 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Brees outdoors, career:  64-54, 90.7 QB rating.

Brees indoors, career:  67-46, 102.7

So ... he's still a pretty good QB outdoors (we get all excited when Tyrod hits a 90 in his QB rating), but he's not the same guy he is under the dome.  And I don't have more precise splits like "outdoors in November and December" or "outdoors in November/December in cold weather", but we can imagine the discrepancy is even greater.

Pray for rain and wind, Bills fans ...

We get all excited when Taylor hits 90? Really? Cause he averages 93.0 for his career...just saying...a QB Rating above 90 isn't one of his issues...

7 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

The only thing that has me feeling somewhat confident about this game is that for McDermott this is basically a division game for him.  He knows the NFC South teams.

Frazier and Gil Byrd from their years in Tampa as well. I am sure they will be huddled up with new Bill/former  Saint Travaris Cadet too with film.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:21 PM, GunnerBill said:

By me only Atlanta.... who are not as good as I thought they'd be. I have been on the Saints since pre-season. They were my Superbowl darkhorse. That defense is much, much better. The career record is there... give Brees a defense ranking 25th or better and he makes the playoffs. 

This is going to be a real tough game. We played well in those 3 games you mention. We will need to play even better next Sunday. The Saints are the best team we have played so far...  record wise and eye test wise. 

But of course the Pats got to play them when they sucked out loud.

Just now, BuffaloMatt said:

EVERYONE PUMP THE BREAKS ABOUT NO. Last six games Panthers Dolphins Lions Packers Bears Bucs. See what I'm saying?

I read in another thread that the Fish are playoff contenders. They are just playing possum right now. Trying to throw people off.

Ironically I actually think our passing game is gonna be good this weekend. I can see new Orleans either over compensating for Benjamin, or under compensating for him letting other recievers make big plays. What the bills really need to do is get both the run game and pass game gong, and hope that Brees has an off day throwing the ball 

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Ironically I actually think our passing game is gonna be good this weekend. I can see new Orleans either over compensating for Benjamin, or under compensating for him letting other recievers make big plays. What the bills really need to do is get both the run game and pass game gong, and hope that Brees has an off day throwing the ball 

Need to Blitz or more than 4 man rush. Pressure is key. Look what jets did to us.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:30 PM, JM57 said:

I'm not going to deny the Saints are on a roll, and that they have been playing better defense since the shootout with Detroit, but let's look at their winning streak.

They started out with a season saving win vs. Carolina to get to 1-2. Followed that up beating Miami in London. That team is a trainwreck. The shootout with Detroit got them to 3-2. Since that week, they have faced the Packers with Hundley making his first start, the Bears with Trubisky making his fourth start, and the disintegrating Buccaneers. 

I will not discredit them for the wins over Carolina or Detroit, or try to claim that they do not have a very potent offense. But the rumors of their defense's rise may be slightly exaggerated, considering who they have played recently.

This can’t be overlooked. Obviously the 6 game winning steak has everyone’s attention. When you look closer this is a great place for the Bills to be. The Saints are good but very beatable. Lattimore is good but some of you are stroking him way too much. Let’s see how he does this week. Tre White and KC’s first this year is a much better deal!!

On 11/5/2017 at 6:46 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Call me crazy, but I think we break that on Sunday. Just a feeling.

After a putrid outing last thursday, and 10 days of festering anger, the Bills should rebound bigtime. If they are for real, at least. They are a much different team at home, and I think they will make a concerted effort to get KB to make an impact, for morale purposes if nothing else.

3 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Need to Blitz or more than 4 man rush. Pressure is key. Look what jets did to us.

If our past games vs Brees are any indication, the key is getting in Brees' throwing lanes. Force him to throw without seeing the whole field, or go for batted balls and tips. If we manage to bat and tip balls, our opportunistic ball hawking secondary could capitalize. To me, it's really our only legitimate hope defensively.

8 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Not with a QB like Brees. If you started sending the house, he's going to take a 3 step drop and rip it to a receiver on a short route before your guys even have a chance to get there.

7 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

This can’t be overlooked. Obviously the 6 game winning steak has everyone’s attention. When you look closer this is a great place for the Bills to be. The Saints are good but very beatable. Lattimore is good but some of you are stroking him way too much. Let’s see how he does this week. Tre White and KC’s first this year is a much better deal!!

If you think that Lattimore is “being stroked too much” you aren’t paying attention. He is PFFs highest graded rookie EVER through 7 games!! Here is a quick look at how he has compared to some others: https://www.touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2017/10/24/marshon-lattimore-is-pffs-highest-graded-rookie-ever-through-7-games/amp/

He has a higher grade right now than Tom Brady (or at least as of last week). This isn’t a young guy playing well like Tre White. This is a guy that may very well be the best CB in football right now.