Considering we were supposed to be 4-12..

Roundybout

Who's honestly complaining about 5-3? We are right there with the rest of the AFC, have not lost our seeding position, and are getting three major contributors back down the road in KB, Clay and Gaines. 

You cant have it both ways; you can't predict we go 5-11 early in the year, then get upset when we aren't 6-2. 

I have full faith that McD isn't gonna let this loss affect the team. Ten days is more than enough time to prep for a home game against the Saints. 

Beat them, sweep the anemic fish, beat the Colts, beat the Chargers. Ten wins. Easy. 

The season is not over, it is just beginning.

PS - love the new forum format, SDS.

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 2

We'll be lucky to split with the Fins. The Chargers won't be an easy one either, as it can go one way or the other...........the Pats are going to spank us as always, KC will have its way with us and the Saints will make us their dorrmat.

I think we're in for a rough road ahead.

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Sweats said:

We'll be lucky to split with the Fins. The Chargers won't be an easy one either, as it can go one way or the other...........the Pats are going to spank us as always, KC will have its way with us and the Saints will make us their dorrmat.

you're entitled to be down on the team. those who have allowed the 17 year drought to pound them in to the dirt are never really going to have any real positive take on the future anyway. but at this point for myself, it's best to just take it one game at a time instead of projecting failure or success. it would seem that seeing failure ahead would not even give much incentive to even watch the games and with only 8 games to go and with the off seasons dragging out as they do, the best approach is ONE game at a time.

5-3

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

19 minutes ago, Sweats said:

The Dolphins are so freaking bad. Gase is this close to losing the team. They have no heart or desire to win anything.

15 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

The Dolphins are so freaking bad. Gase is this close to losing the team. They have no heart or desire to win anything.

They are bad but they still somehow find ways to win.

Like if they beat a bad Oakland team tomorrow, they will be 5-3 and basically in the same position as the Bills

35 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Miami is bad. Bills are tough at home. NO is very winable. Colts are very bad. Benjamin will be a huge addition. 8-8 at worst. And NE can be beaten in Buffalo. One bad game doesn't ruin the season.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dorkington said:

It's still very possible to go a dreadful 6-10

BUT even with that, at least it's clear we're making progress in some ways compared to the previous staff, so hopefully the foundation laying will lead to playoffs soon. 

1-7? Not a chance.

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Who's honestly complaining about 5-3? We are right there with the rest of the AFC, have not lost our seeding position, and are getting three major contributors back down the road in KB, Clay and Gaines. 

You cant have it both ways; you can't predict we go 5-11 early in the year, then get upset when we aren't 6-2. 

I have full faith that McD isn't gonna let this loss affect the team. Ten days is more than enough time to prep for a home game against the Saints. 

Beat them, sweep the anemic fish, beat the Colts, beat the Chargers. Ten wins. Easy. 

The season is not over, it is just beginning.

PS - love the new forum format, SDS.

I don't agree at all with the spirit of this post. Firzt off, fans are not bound to anything, and can change their mind (crazy I know).

Just because you think they will be bad does not mean you don't get teased and excited by a great start. We desperately want to be good, and have been shown a flash of possible playoff chances. Then we have the obligatory Bills implosion in primetime against a team on a 3 game slide, in the divison, in an extremely disgusting and ugly way.

We had our hopes jettisoned to the top, thinking this could be our year, and then the typical "same old Bills" brought us right back to earth and is all too reminiscient of all those 17 drought years.

We have seen this movie before, and the ending is not good for us. Could it still be our year? Of course it could, but history is an excellent predictor of the future and history is not on our side. It feels like groundhogs day, and many fans just want to jump into a tub with a toaster (metaphorically).

I hope you are right, and we bounce back, but you simply cannot fault Bills fans for feeling the vice. People saying 4-12 were mostly just tempering expectations so they would not be disappointed. Wins make that fade fast, but big losses feel like a cat o' nine tails.

Edited by Shotgunner

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Why not call in the results and make it official???? 

For the record, I predicted 5-6 wins, not 4... And I was actually HOPING for less so we could take a QB prospect high... Seems like every streak we've mounted in the last 17 years or so

peters-out around 5 wins... 6 wins at the halfway mark would have been a very big deal IMO... Now, we're right back on track for 7-8 victories, and another wasted season.

I pegged us for 10-6 before we traded watkins and darby. After Boldin retired I figured 5-6 wins. After week 8 I figured 10-6 because I assumed a jets win and now I think 10-6 or 9-7 is still the right call. Beat Indy, Chargers, Miami and try to steal one against the Pats, Saints, Chiefs. If we can get our D back, KC makes the most sense to me

A look at the second half sechedule shows the reason for the consternation. Couple that with the team looking totally inept for the first time this season and it's hardly a surprise fans are disappointed. The Bills being 5-3 is far better than most prognosticators and fans expected. The Jets game really was critical in the overall picture as it pertains to the drought. A bit of separation would mean the Bills wouldn't need to duplicate their surprising start. 10-6 was achievable. Now they need to go 5-3 , with 3 of the 8 games vs the Patriots and Chiefs. There is zero margin for error. Winning at Chargers and vs Saints and Brees became must wins. Otherwise the road to a playoff berth means a win against Brady ( which the Bills have done exactly twice in games that mattered ) or pulling an upset @ Arrowhead. The odds got quite a bit longer. 

8 hours ago, JM2009 said:

Miami is bad. Bills are tough at home. NO is very winable. Colts are very bad. Benjamin will be a huge addition. 8-8 at worst. And NE can be beaten in Buffalo. One bad game doesn't ruin the season.

They can be beaten at home too.  I believe both of their losses are at home.