Considering we were supposed to be 4-12..

Roundybout

4 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Imagine the negativity if we were 2-6 at this point, we are 5-3 and the 6th seed and it seems like its the end of the world to some

be hard to be around for sure.  5-3, 3-2 in the conference. I'll take that at the midway point.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Gotta like the Bills in the cold, rain and wind against the dome aints. The chargers don't scare anybody and KC is trending down. McD won't let these guys forget the jest game when they face the phins and the patsies*** will lose a couple of more (why not against the Bills?). The only one that scares me right now is the colts. It's the only Billsy loss left on the schedule. 

On 11/4/2017 at 10:59 AM, Dorkington said:

It's still very possible to go a dreadful 6-10

BUT even with that, at least it's clear we're making progress in some ways compared to the previous staff, so hopefully the foundation laying will lead to playoffs soon. 

If they lose 7 of 8 you can't possibly believe there will be a perception of clear progress.

There is a thread on this page talking about Andrew Luck..........do you remember when Pagano was the most inspiriational coaching story ever?  Losing erases progress.........and losing with an OLD team.......that only makes it worse.

On November 4, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Shotgunner said:

I don't agree at all with the spirit of this post. Firzt off, fans are not bound to anything, and can change their mind (crazy I know).

Just because you think they will be bad does not mean you don't get teased and excited by a great start. We desperately want to be good, and have been shown a flash of possible playoff chances. Then we have the obligatory Bills implosion in primetime against a team on a 3 game slide, in the divison, in an extremely disgusting and ugly way.

We had our hopes jettisoned to the top, thinking this could be our year, and then the typical "same old Bills" brought us right back to earth and is all too reminiscient of all those 17 drought years.

We have seen this movie before, and the ending is not good for us. Could it still be our year? Of course it could, but history is an excellent predictor of the future and history is not on our side. It feels like groundhogs day, and many fans just want to jump into a tub with a toaster (metaphorically).

I hope you are right, and we bounce back, but you simply cannot fault Bills fans for feeling the vice. People saying 4-12 were mostly just tempering expectations so they would not be disappointed. Wins make that fade fast, but big losses feel like a cat o' nine tails.

I agree about the 4-12 "crowd" thing.

I had us winning 6 games, as did most all observers of football prior to the season who are not Bills fans.

So far we've won 5 and a number of our wins, we now know, came against teams having bad seasons.  Atlanta and Denver both for example are not the same achievements we thought at the time.

One game at a time.

Edited by Fadingpain

If we continue our current trend the way we have been playing as of late I can see a typical 8-8 season.... any type of resurgence to the way we started the season I could easily see 10-6 or even 11-5... all depends on how they bounce back for the second half of the season.  But history is not exactly on our side so you can't blame the doubters, 17 years is a long time.