A Few Thoughts about the Jets Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Here are my thoughts on the game.... Surprisingly, I have more Positive notes than negative. Tonight was just another flukey TNF game not in favor of the Bills. Here goes...

1.) Tyrod- Guy played his heart out tonight. This loss was ZERO percent on him. He did what he had to do as a quarterback and more. Anyone putting blame on him was simply not paying attention to the game. He made the throws down the middle and sidelines. He seemed to be one of the only players to show up tonight. The guy was fighting until the end. Call it garbage time or not but he finished 29/40, 285 yards, 3 total TDs.

2.) The lack of defensive pressure is concerning. McCown was comfortable in the pocket all night. 1 sack on the whole night against that offense is terrible and unacceptable. The Bills have 13 sacks on the year. That is not great.

3.) Zay Jones- What a rollercoaster of a night for this guy. I am not sure what his injury report is currently but that initial knee injury looked ugly. Was glad to see him come back after the half. He had a great night and im happy to see he got the monkey off his back and scored his first TD. Tyrod has done a great job building his confidence after a shaky and worrisome first half of the season. This kid will be just fine as a receiver.

4.) And when your fears subside

And shadows still remain, oh yeah
I know that you can love me
When there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain

5. Offensive Line- WOOF. They looked worse than the Berlin Wall circa 1990. The edge rush from the Jets was dominant. Cordy Glenn was a schoolgirl.

6. This was the first game the bills looked unprepared. Lets just chalk it up as an L and move on......

7. Clay and Kelvin- I was envisioning the offense with both these guys healthy and on the field all night. I cant wait for this. This offense has a lot of firepower. They have 10 days rest. Get Kelvin up to speed and get back on track. The defense will bounce back.

8. Leonard Johnson/ James Ihedigbo- Former Patriots, both had bad games. Johnson has to pick that ball.

9. I dont know if anyone else feels the same way I do but I hate primetime games. Nothing beats Sunday football. Having to work all day then come home to watch a game nationally televised with all the pressure on your team just sucks. Yeah I know, playoff caliber teams should be able to win nationally. Bills laid an egg tonight. it was a learning experience for a new coach and a new team. I guess I'm just used to my Bills playing obscure 1pm sunday games. I was comfortable in my bubble.

10. Just a friendly reminder the Bills remain undefeated at home. They made mistakes today and got pushed around but this team did not quit. Time to rest, regroup and get ready for the Saints at HOME. GO BILLS!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets were pumped as hell and came to play. We did not. We were still tweeting about the Benjamin trade and got caught with our pants down.

Learn from this, or this season is over.

Thankfully the trade deadline is behind us so we can get back to the process!

8-8 is what I'm thinking.

Lack of talent is showing.

Why did they trade Dareus again? They desperately needed that 6th round pick in the middle of the season?

Well, I draw a different lesson from tonight's game: there was no reason to hang onto Dareus based on some mistaken notion that we were one healthy/motivated Dareus away from being a real contender. Without Dareus/with Benjamin we're in exactly the same place this year: a team that may get lucky and sneak into a wild card slot, where we can take great solace in breaking that 17 year drought thing while getting knocked out in the first round. Don't get me wrong - I'd still love to see that kind of progress. But Dareus was irrelevant to any greater success of the team this year, and would have been an impediment to getting better in 2018-19.

So much went wrong tonight I do not think it is productive to really evaluate any of it.

I am willing to call it an aberration, throw it in the garbage can, and move forward.

Our next game and a strong rebound is going to be very important.

My feelings exactly.

Learn from this loss, don't dwell on it, then come back and fight.

My main concern is the lack of running game without McCoy, the past weeks even with a crappy line play there was some production but this week was obvious his absence and therefore the problems for the offense

I'm glad you cleared that up because I looked up BBFS on the Urban Dictionary website and that's not what was written there!

2 - BBFS - I've had people ask what this is. This game was it. Battered Buffalo Fan Syndrome. It's the ongoing mental anguish of waiting for the other shoe to drop when something positive happens to the Bills. I'ts snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It's the 2nd and 2 direct snap to McCoy that almost leads to a turnover. It's starting 5-2 on three occasions over the past 17 years and finishing 7-9 two times. As of right now, anything is possible again. Special thanks for the Bills losing before the bye week and 10 day stretch, to really rub in the pain.

First of all, nice work Virgil. You are doing a wonderful job and I thank you for this.

The Bills were on the road, playing on a Thursday, and taking on a team with 3 straight losses. The Jets really had their backs to the wall and the loss didn't surprise me, especially (as you say) given the 17 year history.

That said, the team bosses seem to have given the players a sane program, one that they are buying into. Before the season I predicted 4 wins and I was wrong. They are better than this and easier on the eyes than they have been in some time.

Keep up the good work and thanks again!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jets are a lot better than most thought they would be. That Todd Bowles coached defense is good. Let's not forget they should have beaten the Pats a couple of weeks ago. We won't face a defense with a front like this the rest of the year imo. Turnovers killed us. The one by Matthews before half set the tone for the rest of the game if you ask me. I think the playoffs and the division still come down to the Pats games.

Could someone fill me in on what happened on the Bills first drive out of halftime. I fell asleep and missed the first five minutes, woke to the Jets having the ball deep in Bills territory with roughly 10 minutes in the third. I thought initially that the Bills turned the ball over and helped set them up with that position.

Was really surprised that the Bills didn't come out of the break to score even a game-tying field goal.

Can someone clue me in?

8-8 sounds about right, maybe a little optimistic to expect this team to win in Miami. I am pretty bummed to finally sober up and see this Bills team for what it really is...bad. But I don't blame Beane for the Benjamin trade, he wasn't sure what he had here and took a shot, hindsight is 20/20.

Maybe next year...probably not.

Could someone fill me in on what happened on the Bills first drive out of halftime. I fell asleep and missed the first five minutes, woke to the Jets having the ball deep in Bills territory with roughly 10 minutes in the third. I thought initially that the Bills turned the ball over and helped set them up with that position.

Was really surprised that the Bills didn't come out of the break to score even a game-tying field goal.

Can someone clue me in?

3 and out

8-8 sounds about right, maybe a little optimistic to expect this team to win in Miami. I am pretty bummed to finally sober up and see this Bills team for what it really is...bad. But I don't blame Beane for the Benjamin trade, he wasn't sure what he had here and took a shot, hindsight is 20/20.

Maybe next year...probably not.

I still like the Benjamin trade.

Short week had them unprepared and not rested. 1st time they have looked this way all year.

Dumb mistakes.

Inability to change what they were doing on offense when D line was eating their lunch. Tyrod had nowhere to go.

Missed MD in the middle

Bills D is not getting to the QB

Poor tackling. Going for the strip instead.

Shady... I will let someone else say it.

They were due for a game like this

The one thing that worried me tonight that I dont think can be fixed is Lorenzo Alexander. He looked slow. Very slow.

I have felt this way most of the season. Besides him being slow and getting lost in coverage he constantly tries to tackle with one arm and usually doesn't make the tackle. Humber should be on the bench as well, I don't see what others are seeing with him. We need linebackers bad

I still like the Benjamin trade.

I would rather have the draft pick at this point. The Oline is horrible and Taylor refuses to throw 50/50 balls, Benjamin will be wasted. Maybe a 3rd round pick turns into something a few years from now when (hopefully) the Oline is better and the Bills have a QB. But as I said, hindsight is 20/20, I am happy Beane took a shot.

I would rather have the draft pick at this point. The Oline is horrible and Taylor refuses to throw 50/50 balls, Benjamin will be wasted. Maybe a 3rd round pick turns into something a few years from now when (hopefully) the Oline is better and the Bills have a QB. But as I said, hindsight is 20/20, I am happy Beane took a shot.

At some point you need talent. The highest picked player on our team is Shaq Lawson (19 overall). I said it elsewhere but will guarantee that is the lowest in the league. You likely werent getting a Benjamin in the 3rd round. The odds are probably less than 5%. It is a good move.

I have felt this way most of the season. Besides him being slow and getting lost in coverage he constantly tries to tackle with one arm and usually doesn't make the tackle. Humber should be on the bench as well, I don't see what others are seeing with him. We need linebackers bad

Our Lbs are dreadful, glad someone else noticed this, they were a big reason we couldn't stop the run.