Official fire Rick Dennison thread

30 minutes ago, JM57 said:

The last time the Kubiak offense was good they had guys who were at the time, a top 10 QB, top 5 WR and top 5 RB. Without stars at those spots, the results are not glowing.  Even then, just because it WAS a good offensive scheme at one point does not mean it still IS a good offensive scheme. The game has passed this scheme by.

That was like 2 years ago?

What about when he had Matt Schaub and co in Houston?  Top 13 in offensive yards and top 10 in points 3 years in a row.

1 hour ago, WildBills said:

They are both now starting on better teams and they should/would have been starting for us. That's my point in believing in the competency of these guys so far. So far? I don't. 

No they would not have.  Ragland is not the type LB we need and Seymour got beat out in camp.

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You picked the most inept team we have faced ALL season long as your "proof"?  

The same approach happened when we went up by 2 scores on the Jets in week 1 very early in the 4th quarter.  We had 3 meaningful drives if you disregard the last 3 kneeldowns by Taylor.  13 plays, 2 passes, 8 handoffs to RBs, 3 designed runs by Taylor.  Those 8 runs by the RBs gained a combined 9 yards.  There were two 3 & outs as the team faced a 3rd & 9, a 3rd & 8, a 3rd & 7, and a 3rd & 17 (due to an accepted holding penalty on a failed conversion by McCoy on 3rd & 7 as he got 3 yards).

Question, why are you saying they're the most inept team we've faced all season?

Is this a "it's not about who you face, but when you face them" type of thing?  Would that then mean that you are more impressed by Buffalo's victory over Denver and Atlanta (both teams were undefeated when we played them) than KC?

Because they were inept.  

The early schedule made the team look good.  Then we faced some real competition and west coast doldrums / McDs bad decision all while the wheels wet falling off. 

KC is a team doing the same.  Losing 3 in a row.  

Buffalo played the better game and came out ahead.  

2 punts each team in the 1st QTR iirc. 

Good god man. Take a deep breath.

The guy's on pace to beat last year's win total, and POSSIBLY break the drought while still jettisoning overpaid, underperforming veterans and stockpiling picks?

How in the nine circles of hell can you possibly want the guy gone?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

The guy's on pace to beat last year's win total, and POSSIBLY break the drought while still jettisoning overpaid, underperforming veterans and stockpiling picks?

....apparently you forgot WHERE you are..it's the land of the "One 'N Done Gang".........Bflo is about to be on the leading edge of ONE YEAR contracts for GM's, HC and all staff, players, Sanitary Engineers, as well as beermen.......

48 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No they would not have.  Ragland is not the type LB we need and Seymour got beat out in camp.

Oddly enough, we have 0 ILBs on contract for 2018. The smart move going forward might've been to keep Ragland around unless they really want to re-sign Preston.

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

might not last sure does look as if he's indicating a firing of McDermott.  

In what world does "might not last" = "he will be fired this year" ...?

only in Shady's world... and a handful of other illiterate worlds residing in this thread, apparently :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

That was like 2 years ago?

What about when he had Matt Schaub and co in Houston?  Top 13 in offensive yards and top 10 in points 3 years in a row.

Shaun/Foster/Johnson is Houston is exactly who I'm talking about. Hasn't been good since then.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That's one way to think about it.... or the guys come in here and got rid of a bunch of young talented players and replaced them with washed up scrubs while doing his best impersonation of Rex Ryan for the offense. 

They are stock piling picks to fill self inflicted holes.... has they merely kept those players they are at least 7-4, IMO. 

still hurts doesn't it.

let me ask you this. if and I say if they finish with a winning record, above .500 (which would be better than the teams with those players you're complaining about losing) and make the playoffs, you still going to complain?

or will you be satisfied with that and realize letting go of those players wasn't as bad as it may of seemed?

I sense you'll first say that no way they will have a winning record and make the playoffs and then if they don't you'll not only feel you were right but come back with the I told you so?

either way, I realize there was reason to rid of those players and know it was part of the process going forward so I have accepted that and look at those that don't as doing nothing more than complaining.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Isn’t what hell is all about?  

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You forgot to tell me to go root for another team.

Go root for another team.   

;)

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You forgot to tell me to go root for another team.

no, that was not the question. unless a player or two behold someone that much where they would choose to follow another team, say the team in which they landed, choices, their choice. I wouldn't miss them.

so, would you be happy, as a bills fan if they still manage, with a stripped roster and they go 9-7 or 10-6?

8-8 is still fair given the circumstances but it would really look pretty good with a winning record and a playoff berth?

I'm leaning toward 9-7 and they would need everything to go their way, chances of that are slim. but 9-7 and no post season would not be a failure in my eyes.

then again, I put aside the 17 year drought, although still rooted deep in my mind yet realize this is yet another rebuild and they had nothing to do with the drought but could have everything to do with ending it?

5 games man. they'll fly by and the heated debates/discussions will live LARGE this off season so for now, I'm going to do the best I can to enjoy the games while they last.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

17 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We are very likely going to have a new QB under center next season. I don't know why anyone would have any confidence in our OC (and even HC?) in terms of our approach to the games and how effective our QB would be.

I don't like what I've seen of Dennison's play calling and scheme (not the WC scheme per se, the specific way he combines blocking scheme and WC concepts)

I'm not sure whether or not I like McDermott, who I've been calling "McWrestler" so long I sometimes have to look up his real name.

One thing I AM sure of is that the insanity of coaching carousel and constant scheme changes HAS to be stopped at some point.  We see the argument for this every time folks point at "the horrible drafting" because so few of the draftees are left on the team: they aren't gone because they're bad players, they're gone because the coaching carousel turned and they don't fit the scheme.  For better or worse, the Pegulas hired these guys, and the best thing to do is stick with them for at least 3, maybe 4 years and see what the team looks like when they've had a fair chance at building whatever they plan to build.

Even if that means the Bills playoff drought gets old enough to drink alcohol and have grandkids.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

fwiw Dareus and Darby are probably the only ones I miss. 

I was referring to not missing the fans that go root for another team.

yeah, one move that bewildered me yet made many happy was trading him when they did. it was inevitable, but the timing was not cool and they missed him in the gap, still do.

could of waited until the off season for that move but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....apparently you forgot WHERE you are..it's the land of the "One 'N Done Gang".........Bflo is about to be on the leading edge of ONE YEAR contracts for GM's, HC and all staff, players, Sanitary Engineers, as well as beermen.......

Agreed. This fanbase eats everyone alive, players, FO, coaches, regardless of if they're talented or could be developed. Which is ridiculous since we have been awful for a long time. If we get a player who SHOULD be good and he plays just average because of the wasteland around him, that player gets publicly vilified while the clowns around him get ignored or even praised for "effort" or being "high motor" despite playing like crap. McDermott could break the drought and Bills fans would still be like:

whos-next-dzfu89.thumb.jpg.c6502abd89f9a9ed1a8b10ed372f37b5.jpg

Edited by ndirish1978

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it was 10.  5 passes, 3 scrambles and 2 sacks.  They are conservative with small leads, I don't doubt that, and I agree with you that it comes directly from the top in that regard.  It is McDermott's philosophy as much as Dennison's.  And it was McDermott's decision to bring in an offensive coordinator who isn't renowned for adapting to personnel but knows how to run a particular scheme effectively.  Some of us said all offseason that the Dennison - Tyrod marriage was not a natural one when there were plenty of people arguing it was a perfect fit.  

And I never mentioned excuses.  This thread is what it is.  It's an attempt to deflect blame from Tyrod Taylor onto others.  Now Tyrod is not the number 1 thing wrong with this offense.  I believe that to be bottom of the barrel offensive line play, closely followed by a scheme that doesn't fit the personnel we have very comfortably.  But Transplant is suggesting that not running a scheme to fit Tyrod could cost a 1st year HC and OC their job when they have already demonstrated multiple times and in multiple ways going back to the offseason that they do not see Tyrod as the guy.  There is simply no way that McDermott and Dennison fall on their swords and the team somehow decides Tyrod is more important to them.  It's impossible.  Quite without the revealing commentary from Rob Ryan on SKY TV over here that heavily insinuated the ownership don't believe that Tyrod is the guy either. Now would could happen is they could release Tyrod he could go somewhere else and they could replace him with a worse Quarterback and then look very stupid.  That might cost them in the long run.  

Where the hell am I talking about scheme?

I'm talking conservative playcalling, not scheme.

Some people read what they want to read and attack the messenger by twisting the message, I guess 0:)