Official fire Rick Dennison thread

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait, are you actually saying that Taylor is calling the offensive plays in the second half?

The OC knows Tyrod will not take the chances if given so IMO the OC has his hands tied to make it simple for Tyrod while in hopes the RB can get it done. Tyrod does not audible, maybe if he did he could take chances after reading what a D is lined up as but sadly that is too much to ask from a 7 year vet.

Haha, Tyrod calling plays? Yeah ok sure

Edited by xRUSHx

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We were not up two scores on Sunday.  We were up 6 points and got the ball back in that final drive in good field position after stopping the Chiefs on 4th down.  One pass play of 15-20 yards would have had us on the edge of FG range with a chance to make it a 2 score game and put the Chiefs away.  

sure we were 2 FG's.   3+3=6

how many passes were behind the los? 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Right. We called 9 passes.

26 passes called in the 1st half.

9 in the 2nd half.

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The OP is the same guy who said based on what McD saw in practice, it was a disgrace he started Peterman..never having seen a practice or even read a description of a practice post-training camp.

His view of McD is totally skewed by the Peterman decision, he will just never see McD as a viable coach, so take what he says with a grain of salt.

Actually, you have no clue what you're talking about. In general, I really really like Mcdermott.

I was one of the only people talking about playoffs as we went into the season and it was because of the coach and the culture change that he seem to bring, which is one of the things I really like.I was one of the only people talking about playoffs as we went into the season and it was because of the coach and the culture change that he seem to bring, which is one of the things I really like.

And I never said that I think he'll be gone this offseason. But if he keeps up this conservative mentality on offense (assuming of course that he's a large influence of the offensive philosophy), then I don't think this is sustainable long-term.

5 hours ago, todd said:

No, McDermott will not be gone. That's insanity to even consider that. And Dennison won't be, either. Posts like this drive me nuts, because it isn't based in any form of reality.

Really?

Explain away because I gave you a whole bunch of reality.

That Dennison's very conservative is not reality? That we were way too close to losing that game on Sunday when we probably could've put it away at several different points is not reality? That if we lost that football game and lost other games where we had a similar mentality at the end of the game Denver, Atlanta that we wouldn't be looking like a really bad football team is not reality? that really bad football teams haven't had their head coaches go into year to on an extremely short leash is not reality?

Have you been a fan of the Buffalo Bills very long? Try looking at recent history :doh:

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

rico should and likely will be gone, along with taylor.

I don't see where McD will be on the hot seat anytime soon so you're pretty much off base OP and quite premature regarding his tenure.

We all know that Taylor will be gone after 2018 if not 2017. My concern is Dennison and, in part, McDermott.

I'm off-base despite you half agreeing with me?

Apparently you're misreading what I said about McDermott as a lot of people here seem to be. Never said and don't think he's going to be gone after this year.

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You picked the most inept team we have faced ALL season long as your "proof"?  

That game should have been won easily with a 12 to 14 point margin. 

Whats the excuse for the 2 crap deep passes to Zay that were not catchable!?!

Two passes that weren't catchable to Jones?

Is one of the passes you are talking about that near perfect pass that hit Jones in the hands right at the beginning of the end zone where Jones and then defied gravity as he pushed himself up from the ground? 

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

And yet the defense overall is much better than last year. And he has a team many had no hope for in the playoff mix.   And they did not trade 4 starters on D.  At least one (Gilmore) left in free agency.  

He's going to be here for quite a while 

They traded Darby, Seymour, Ragland, and Dareus. That's four starters. 

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That Dennison's very conservative is not reality?

No.

The "Dennison is conservative" contingent has still yet to acknowledge, much less explain the fact that if McDermott were conservative he would never have pulled Taylor for gunslinger Peterman.

To go a step further, Taylor would probably have already signed a contract extension to be the team's franchise QB because McDermott would love his risk-averse quarterbacking. 

It's a huge contradiction.

You don't wear down a defense calling three runs and a punt.....

Anyone too remember the Tampa game after the fumble late in the fourth.  Again we ran it three times and even on 3rd and 7.

Yes a first down (back elude/broke two tackles) but if they failed again would have been 6 points and TB with the ball (just like Atlanta).

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We all know that Taylor will be gone after 2018 if not 2017. My concern is Dennison and, in part, McDermott.

I'm off-base despite you half agreeing with me?

Apparently you're misreading what I said about McDermott as a lot of people here seem to be. Never said and don't think he's going to be gone after this year.

McDermott might not last

above are your words. 11 games in to his rookie season and already you're thinking he may not last??

that in itself is premature and I totally disagree. 

as for taylor and rico, my thoughts have been documented and we are in agreement there.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Actually, you have no clue what you're talking about. In general, I really really like Mcdermott.

I was one of the only people talking about playoffs as we went into the season and it was because of the coach and the culture change that he seem to bring, which is one of the things I really like.I was one of the only people talking about playoffs as we went into the season and it was because of the coach and the culture change that he seem to bring, which is one of the things I really like.

And I never said that I think he'll be gone this offseason. But if he keeps up this conservative mentality on offense (assuming of course that he's a large influence of the offensive philosophy), then I don't think this is sustainable long-term.

okay, I misquoted you, was not disgraceful you used, but disturbing

On 11/23/2017 at 2:35 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

It's just disturbing if he actually believed Peterman would somehow be an upgrade for a team in the thick of a playoff hunt when he's seen this obvious downgrade in practice.

Oy :doh:

So, you really really like him, or are you disturbed by his coaching. Tough to be both.

And you have yet to answer how it was an obvious downgrade in practice.

The key to all of this is that you cannot be predictable. We may have the most predictable offense in the league right now. We need a little more creativity if we want to make a playoff push. In my opinion, now is the time to let TT scramble a bit more, incorporate more option play, absolutely zero reverses, more slants and crossing patterns. Throw an occasional screen on every other drive to keep that pass rush on their heels.

GO BILLS!!!

42 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait, are you actually saying that Taylor is calling the offensive plays in the second half?

Right. We called 9 passes.

26 passes called in the 1st half.

9 in the 2nd half.

Yea - 9.  I said 10 earlier but I hadn't had chance to see the final play of our final drive back on the all 22 at that point.  I thought from the broadcast angle it was a classic RPO with a stick route and the QB draw but looking at the all 22 the receivers never run routes it was a called QB run.  

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is one of the passes you are talking about that near perfect pass that hit Jones in the hands right at the beginning of the end zone where Jones and then defied gravity as he pushed himself up from the ground? 

That was not a "near perfect" pass... come on.  It wasn't a terrible ball it was thrown where it was safe and Jones had a squeak of making a play but it would have been an unbelievable catch.  It's not a play I am going to criticise Tyrod for at all but let's hold off with the "near perfect".  It was a safe, low percentage, shot to nothing down the field type throw. 

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

How long did our last head coach last?

What was your expectation this season with McD? Did you expect an explosive offense? Because, DC's that become HC's typically aren't looking to outscore their opponents. And HC's typically aren't going to combine a wing it down the field offense with a defense which, personnel wise, isn't strong. 

Perhaps the HC and OC are more intimately familiar with the QB's limitations and try to make them less of a liability. Perhaps play-calling is aligned with the QB and what he's better at, particularly with a 2nd half lead. It isn't all on TT, because he's the best they've got, but perhaps TT is a square peg that won't fit into a round hole.