Official fire Rick Dennison thread

7 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

You asked about his offense.  His offense is the same offense Kubiak and Shanny ran.

Offensive system might be the same.  But offensive system doesn't matter if you aren't calling the right plays at the right times.

Dennison seems to have piss poor decision making in terms of play selection.

11 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I was referring to not missing the fans that go root for another team.

yeah, one move that bewildered me yet made many happy was trading him when they did. it was inevitable, but the timing was not cool and they missed him in the gap, still do.

could of waited until the off season for that move but it is what it is.

Eh. We had to get back on topic and it worked.  

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Offensive system might be the same.  But offensive system doesn't matter if you aren't calling the right plays at the right times.

Other than TT playing in a pocket I see the sos from the last 2 seasons.  

What we we wanted to see improve improved.   So why isn’t he scoring more TD’s.  

17 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

First year head coach has us at 6-5 tied for a wild card with what amounts to a rebuild season. Yeah, let's get him out of here. 

while they are at it, might as well give tt a 5yr contract

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This is what I read it as. The list of people to blame for Tyrod still being Tyrod is getting pretty long now....

also, i keep wondering if his management team is running a campaign, i'm not saying hes a terrible

qb, but these constant posts trying to reiterate over and over in many different ways cherry picking

nonsense stats seems way out of proportion to his talent level.

The last few months of the old bbmb were bombarded with these posts towards the end.

Never saw anything like it before.

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

also, i keep wondering if his management team is running a campaign, i'm not saying hes a terrible

qb, but these constant posts trying to reiterate over and over in many different ways cherry picking

The last few months of the old bbmb were bombarded with these posts towards the end.

Yup and carried over here :( 

15 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Buffalo was able to shorten the length of Tyrod’s deal. They can move on from him in a year with a relatively minimal cap hit of $8.64 million. Your argument has nothing to do with my post, and everything to do with deflecting to another subject. 

Love these threads for the easy battle of wits. If McDermott can make the playoffs after throwing a game then that's pretty darn impressive. But until then we'll.. he threw a game

28 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Give me someone better than Taylor and I'll stop defending him. This rookie class outside of Watson looks horrible. FA quarterbacks are hard to find.i want better QB play too. Key word: BETTER

7 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No, it's based on Dennison's perception of Kubiak's offense. It may be a subtle difference, but it certainly is a difference. Also, is now a good time to point out that Kubiak was a QB and Dennison was a LB?

No really, look back at those Broncos teams.

Mike Shanahan was the OC, Gary Kubiak was a QB, and Rick Dennison was an ILB.

Well that's interesting... I didn't know that.  Seems to explain his conservative approach a bit.

Defensive Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator with a defensive background... offense would pretty much inevitably be pretty conservative.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We were not up two scores on Sunday.  We were up 6 points and got the ball back in that final drive in good field position after stopping the Chiefs on 4th down.  One pass play of 15-20 yards would have had us on the edge of FG range with a chance to make it a 2 score game and put the Chiefs away.  

You're absolutely right.

We had fantastic field position and could have put the game away.  But then Dennison called 3 straight runs that gained zero yards on 1st down, -1 yard on 2nd down, and -1 yard on 3rd down.

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

Shaun/Foster/Johnson is Houston is exactly who I'm talking about. Hasn't been good since then.

That's uh wrong.

Top 8 in points with the Ravens in 2014.  It got him another shot at HC, and he won a Superbowl.

49 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He's hamstrung by the QB, as many OC's in Buffalo have been before.

He hasn't been a visionary, but he hasn't been terrible.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

That's one way to think about it.... or the guys come in here and got rid of a bunch of young talented players and replaced them with washed up scrubs while doing his best impersonation of Rex Ryan for the offense. 

They are stock piling picks to fill self inflicted holes.... has they merely kept those players they are at least 7-4, IMO. 

that's not one way to think about it. it's the only way to think about it.

7 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

No.

The "Dennison is conservative" contingent has still yet to acknowledge, much less explain the fact that if McDermott were conservative he would never have pulled Taylor for gunslinger Peterman.

To go a step further, Taylor would probably have already signed a contract extension to be the team's franchise QB because McDermott would love his risk-averse quarterbacking. 

It's a huge contradiction.

Even with Peterman Dennison tried to stick with the run and chose to run at some weird times.

So damn predictable.  Here are the 1st plays on 1st down from that game in the 1st half:

1st drive - Shady run -1 yard

2nd drive - Shady run 2 yards

3rd drive - Shady run for 37 yards (he would run on the next play as well and score)

4th drive - Peterman pass for 8 yards 

5th drive - Peterman pass intercepted

6th drive - Shady run for -3 yards

7th drive - Shady run for 6 yards

8th drive - Peterman pass for 19 yards

13 shotgun snaps.  All passes.  No runs.

12 snaps taken under center in that span and only 4 passes.  2 interceptions, 1 completion, 1 incompletions.  8 runs by Shady. 5 of them he was stuffed for 2 yards or less.

You tellin me the Chargers didn't know what was comin?

Dennison still sure seemed to want to run the ball a lot, even with his Golden Boy. He just couldn't because we went behind so quickly that we pretty much had to pass.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Even with Peterman Dennison tried to stick with the run and chose to run at some weird times.

So damn predictable.  Here are the 1st plays on 1st down from that game in the 1st half:

3rd drive - Shady run for 37 yards (he would run on the next play as well and score)

12 snaps taken under center in that span and only 4 passes.  2 interceptions, 1 completion, 1 incompletions.  8 runs by Shady. 5 of them he was stuffed for 2 yards or less.

Dennison still sure seemed to want to run the ball a lot, even with his Golden Boy. He just couldn't because we went behind so quickly that we pretty much had to pass.

Sorry, I was referring to McDermott, not Dennison. Dven when I read and typed Dennison I saw/meant McDermott. My mistake.

Dennison may or may not be conservative, not sure - but imo he is incompetent and won't be here in 2018.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wow another incredible breakdown......  All I know is I can call the plays too, but breaking down the shotgun calls is illuminating and knowig so many are first down runs that are stuffed......  

But then the HO decimated the offense and took away their #1 wr.....

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Sorry, I was referring to McDermott, not Dennison. Dven when I read and typed Dennison I saw/meant McDermott. My mistake.

Dennison may or may not be conservative, not sure - but imo he is incompetent and won't be here in 2018.

OMG we agree on something.......