Official fire Rick Dennison thread

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Paging Mike McCoy....Mike McCoy.

You'd still want him?  I know Denver has more issues at QB than us, but they still have enough weapons on offense.  I thought about this too, but I'm on the fence with Mike McCoy.

First- I get that the outside run is a very unpopular call. However, when you're up by more than three and have the ball with a bit over two minutes to play, it's a tough call to make. If you have a line that will get you tough yards up the middle when the other team knows that's what you're going to do, you'll win a lot of games. It tried to exploit the expectation that it was likely we'd run up the gut. It also kept the clock going.

Second- As far as Dennison being ultra conservative, that's what McDermott wants. And I agree with that philosophy. We don't have enough talent on either side of the ball to get after people without exposing major weaknesses.

If the front office is as desperate to draft a QB as the people on this board, we never will be good. We need to get better on both lines and at linebacker. Tyrod Taylor is at least as good as Case Keenum and no I won't compare stats as they are different players.

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Dennison + Taylor + OLine = "Let's force KC to burn their timeouts and see if the D can win this one"

It was McDermott's call - and it wasn't wrong.

You could see MCD talking to CS#6 on the sidelines before 3rd down.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:34 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

I suspect McD is the type of coach who is quick to run his players out for not getting in line, but extraordinarily stubborn about refusing to hold coaches accountable.  Plus he’s a young first time coach who probably feels like he owes lots of favors to his staff for choosing to follow him and support him.  And he picked his own GM!  Think Beane is gonna pressure McD to make changes?  Don’t expect anything different folks, it ain’t happening unless the Pegulas wake up.

Yep. A part of the playcalling squabbles we have has to be put on McD. He's a very conservative coach in game. He plays that way defense and offense and special teams and clock management and go for it/punt calls. 

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Our final drive before the 2 minute warning was absolutely atrocious. I have to give McD his fair share of blame there as well since he has proven to be an ultra conservative thinker as well.

Your defense has been playing great all day.  I don't have a problem with the play calls and then pinning KC deep with no timeouts left.  What I do worry about is are inability to pick up more than a yard or two running on three straight plays.

Didn’t Dennison call the pass to O’Leary that would’ve gone down to the 10 yard line if Tyrod (who had all day to throw) makes an easy throw for YAC?

I hate Dennison, and I’ve been in Tyrod’s corner, but I have a hard time getting upset about the playcalling today.  Tyrod took dumb sacks and missed throws in the second half.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'm usually an aggressive guy. But the offense is a disgrace. KC could have used those timeouts on the last drive but didn't have them.

The offense is a disgrace because we have a fool as OC and ultra conservative HC who loves to punt.

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Dennison + Taylor + OLine = "Let's force KC to burn their timeouts and see if the D can win this one"

It was McDermott's call - and it wasn't wrong.

I don’t mind the last drive, the way the game was going it was the right call. No one outside of Buffalo trusted KC to drive for a game winning TD in 2 minutes with bad field position and no timeouts.

It’s everything that came before that I didn’t like.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Your defense has been playing great all day.  I don't have a problem with the play calls and then pinning KC deep with no timeouts left.  What I do worry about is are inability to pick up more than a yard or two running on three straight plays.

It was the ultimate give up drive. The plan there was always to make KC burn the timeouts and punt. It worked this time but the strategy itself is what I find to be flawed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

It was the ultimate give up drive. The plan there was always to make KC burn the timeouts and punt. It worked this time but the strategy itself is what I find to be flawed.

Yes it was, but it bothered me that our offensive line got no push whatsoever on three straight plays.

• Like (+1) 1