Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in practice

YoloinOhio

Wanna get rich?

Design some type of knee brace that stops these types of knee injuries and is not too bulky or awkward to limit flexibility/mobility.

Evolution is usually a pretty effective process. You know, the stuff that survives does so b/c it's a good design, and bad designs disappear over time.

Not the human knee. Still hasn't caught up to the idea that we are walking on 2 legs now and not 4.

This strikes me as worse news than the alternative. Both his knees now have had tears.

Nah. Some people, like myself (torn both ACLs, left in high school and right in college) are predisposed to ACL injury due to a narrower intercondylar notch. If that was the case with Watson, they probably did a notchplasty on his left, meaning they widen the notch that the ACL runs through which gives the knee more room to dislocate without tearing the new ligament. It's a safer knee than before, technically. If he did the same one twice I'd be worried about who his surgeon was tbh.

Wanna get rich?

Design some type of knee brace that stops these types of knee injuries and is not too bulky or awkward to limit flexibility/mobility.

Evolution is usually a pretty effective process. You know, the stuff that survives does so b/c it's a good design, and bad designs disappear over time.

Not the human knee. Still hasn't caught up to the idea that we are walking on 2 legs now and not 4.

Human knees are just fine for walking on 2 legs. They're not used to modern athletics, but they serve their primary function of supporting biped plantigrade ambulation admirably.

This strikes me as worse news than the alternative. Both his knees now have had tears.

This, I hope it doesn't turn out like RG3 after tearing his ACL in the league. Watson's legs make him even more dangerous and if he loses some of that ability long term it'll be a sad turn