Why Football is Better

Irv

I tried to watch one inning of the World Series tonight. Twenty or so pitches. Three strikes. Half-an-hour of the batters stepping out of the box to adjust their junk. Another half-an-hour of the pitcher shaking off signs or blabbering on the mound with their mouth covered by their mitt with the catcher. Every player is wearing pajamas and 75% look like overweight Rumplestiltskins. NO THANKS. Lets's go Bills Thursday!

Edited by Badthingsman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to watch one inning of the World Series tonight. Twenty or so pitches. Three strikes. Half-an-hour of the batters stepping out of the box to adjust their junk. Another half-an-hour of the pitcher shaking off signs or blabbering on the mound with their mouth covered by their mitt with the catcher. Every player is wearing pajamas and 75% look like overweight Rumplestiltskins. NO THANKS. Lets's go Bills Thursday!

Approximately 11 minutes of actual football action over the course of a 3+ hour game ....

This is why I laugh when people say "soccer isn't a sport" then fawn over fat guys attempting to hit a ball with a stick. And failing for the most part.

So by my math, one inning took an hour. So it should be over by what, 5 am EST? Good take.

There was a WS game that started at 8pm and ended at 1:30 am and nobody broke a sweat. Good take.

Football is unparalleled in terms of the strategy and physicality. So I agree to that end. However, I do like playoff baseball and this WS has been spectacular.

The "strategy" of football doesn't begin to compare to baseball, which is almost entirely a thinking man's game.

A British Bills fan watched the games with us, most Sundays. He is also a big soccer, rugby and cricket fan. One of his little "jokes" is to ask, during the Bills games, "Why do they stop the game to have so many meetings?"

All a matter of perspective, I suppose.

The "strategy" of football doesn't begin to compare to baseball, which is almost entirely a thinking man's game.

I don't know about that. I swear I've seen American League managers sleeping through most of the game.

Much more strategy in Baseball...........................

Slower ?................sure, but to those who know the game, there is always something going on in between pitches.

No time limit ?.................thats the beauty of it

“You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all.”

Earl Weaver

This is hilarious. The only strategy is in the pitch. At the end of the day, you need to hit the ball and then run in a straight line

Defensive alignments, when to pull the pitcher, who to start in the lineup, match-ups, pitch selection, how to attack the hitter, situational hitting, when to call a hit a run or bunt, when to steal a base depending on whos pitching and catching.

There is way more as well.

I played baseball at a fairly high level for almost 2 decades of my life, so believe me when I say there is a lot of strategy in Baseball

My son was really good around 9-10 years old in baseball. He played AAU and they called about playing all stars in the local league. I put the guy on hold, told my son he was offered 2nd base and leadoff hitter. He responded “do I have to? Half the guys are standing around, and the other half are just sitting. If I could just start with all stars it would be OK, but I’m bored!” I was relieved and he went on to more “active” sports.

This is hilarious. The only strategy is in the pitch. At the end of the day, you need to hit the ball and then run in a straight line

While I hate baseball, this is just ignorant. Were you kidding?