Make the cuts to get the comp pick

The juice

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People complaining about Team Chemistry? No one is going to miss Davis. We just brought in a new WR: Benjamin, Mattews, Jones will be the 1-2-3. So no need for Holmes. I wouldn't mind cutting the FB DeMarco but Ducasse isn't exactly impressive.

Davis has been a pleasent surprise, had that huge strip sack against TB, is solid , Holmes just had his best game as a Bill, him and Taylor seem to be developing a nice chemistry and Vlad is our starting RG.. letting all 3 go for a late 3rd is crazy at this point.. Especially with 2 1s and 2s..

Dimarco has been outstanding these past 2 weeks and instrumental to our run game rejuvenation.. Just not worth it at 5-2

Davis, Holmes, and Ducasse are all expendable. Holmes is the only one that has a role that would be hard to replace. Ducasse could be replaced by Groy/Miller. Davis' spot could be filled with just about any street FA. In fact Lorax would be better served moving to reserve DE when Humber comes back. Holmes is good on ST but with Benjamin and Mathews healing much faster than we all thought, let's face it Holmes is not needed.

If I'm McD I make the cuts, get the pick, and start Groy at RG.

No one on this team is expendable. We're only where we are because everyone knows exactly what they're doing. GTFO with talks about draft picks in a year where it looks like I finally get to open that box of Flutie Flakes.

Davis, Holmes, and Ducasse are all expendable. Holmes is the only one that has a role that would be hard to replace. Ducasse could be replaced by Groy/Miller. Davis' spot could be filled with just about any street FA. In fact Lorax would be better served moving to reserve DE when Humber comes back. Holmes is good on ST but with Benjamin and Mathews healing much faster than we all thought, let's face it Holmes is not needed.

If I'm McD I make the cuts, get the pick, and start Groy at RG.

I just don't know if I'd get rid of Holmes. I feel like he and Tyrod are finally starting to develop some chemistry.

Amazing how the Benjamin signing took us from a seriously weak position to now having a surplus of talent and needing to dispose of someone....

I am not a huge Holmes fan, I was baffled that he made the final roster this summer...that said, have we had a guy with better control of his feet on the sidelines, in the last decade or so? That and his size make him an asset. I think people are getting too enamored with stock-piling draft picks. I want to to win in the future, but I want to win now too! Holmes stays!

So it's the FB not the OLine that's gotten the running game in order? lol Not to mention they've played the two worst defenses they have the whole year the last two weeks. FBs are useless. You could easily put Tolbert in to block the first LB that breaks through.

Quick Quiz: How many FBs are currently in the league?

Quick answer: Don't know but less than it used to be and I am not a fan of the position so much anymore either but I do find it interesting that of all the smart people here you are the one suggesting cutting him.

Think of it like a trade. Would you trade Holmes, Ducasse and Davis for a 3rd round pick? I would.

Holmes just got replaced, Davis hasn't done anything this season and Ducasse is well below average and they have multiple replacement candidates for him on the roster already (Groy & Miller)

Its much more like a fourth round pick than a third. I wouldnt make that trade.

Quick answer: Don't know but less than it used to be and I am not a fan of the position so much anymore either but I do find it interesting that of all the smart people here you are the one suggesting cutting him.

Why?

With Benjamin the 1-2-3 will be Benjamin-Mattews-Jones. Holmes will see less time and it makes him expendable. No one would of argued this point 5 minutes before the Raiders game and all of a sudden people act like his 11 receptions in 7 games is some how amazing?

Davis has made one play and while it was good it hardly makes me want to keep him

DiMarco is a FullBack when FullBack shouldn't even be around. But a major reason why I want him gone is because the Bills would put Tolbert as FB and sign Williams to backup Shady as a true backup. FBs are just not that important

Ducasse is a below average Guard and I truly believe John Miller is better than him RIGHT NOW.

So a lot of you are saying Well It's only a late 3rd/early 4th round pick? This team needs depth players.... players BETTER than Holmes and Davis and those picks between the 3rd and 5th rounds are where you get them. Do they all work out? No. But if Carolina traded their #1 WR for a 3rd round pick that probably won't be much higher than that what the Bills will have then we should simply ask it another way:

Would you trade 3 of those above players for Kelvin Benjamin? BECAUSE that is the value of a 3rd round pick. The Bills short-term goal should be playoffs, their long term goal should be Superbowl Contenders and you don't become that worrying about keeping these players on the roster and sacrificing a chance to strengthen your team

That completely defeats the purpose of getting Benjamin.

Ducasse and Holmes have played well.

They got Benjamin to help with the playoff push, so why would they get rid of 2 starters?

Because holmes is now 4 at best, Davis a backup and some here think the drop from ducasse to Miller/groy is minimal at worst

It is not going to happen realistically but on paper alone its not terrible

Cutting three players, one of whom starts, one of whom provides valuable backup atDE, one of whom is coming in at WR and is an excellent special teams player, to get one third round picks doesn't make sense.

People seem to get fixated on one concept. Thinking needs to be situational. In some cases take the pick, in others not.

If the Bills were tanking, I would take the pick. With a play-off run in progress, keep the current team strong.

Because holmes is now 4 at best, Davis a backup and some here think the drop from ducasse to Miller/groy is minimal at worst

It is not going to happen realistically but on paper alone its not terrible

Personally I disagree with it.

Holmes and Ducasse came off their best games of the year.

It would send a very contradicting message to the team if they got Benjamin and cut those guys right after just to get a draft pick.

There are a lot of injuries that happen in the NFL as well. Even though Holmes may be 4 on the depth chart, I bet they will need him to fill in a few times.

Cutting three players, one of whom starts, one of whom provides valuable backup atDE, one of whom is coming in at WR and is an excellent special teams player, to get one third round picks doesn't make sense.

I agree

Edited by billsfan11

Personally I disagree with it.

Holmes and Ducasse came off their best games of the year.

It would send a very contradicting message to the team if they got Benjamin and cut those guys right after just to get a draft pick.

There are a lot of injuries that happen in the NFL as well. Even though Holmes may be 4 on the depth chart, I bet they will need him to fill in a few times.

I agree

It would, essentially, be trading those three for Benjamin. Which is a huge win still... but I agree they wont do it to avoid upsetting the balance and atmosphere we seem to have (well, that and no gm does this ever despite a full offseason talking about the big week 9 cuts)

Again, EJ Manuel and Justin Hunter were signed and not ncondiered losses because their salaries were slightly low. Does the fact that they are active and have been playing change things? Could they now count?

They definitely have not played enough snaps to qualify.

On the other hand, Leonard Johnson will almost certainly become a qualifying free agent. If he does, he would need to be cut as well. It's not going to happen.