TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot to address AZ's first point in my last post, but you did a good job. I don't believe I said the attitude factor was complete rubbish, just that it -presented as THE factor--was rubbish.

However, I would change the order of your considerations. I think if Sammy was signed through the 5th year and wasn't quite so fragile, his attitude wouldn't have been enough to get him traded. If these guys are going to be successful, they will at some point, have to deal with a productive player who occasionally goes off a little bit. Sammy isn't nearly the diva of many successful and coveted WRs.

Now I agree with you completely. The big reason for trading SW was that they didn't intend to resign him for the money he could command on the open market. His me first attitude made it more likely or convenient. Gotta love how it's all worked out!

@mikerodak

Brandon Beane told @SiriusXMNFL that Zay Jones is expected to play Z receiver for Bills and Kelvin Benjamin is expected to play X."

So Jmatt in the slot

Suddenly, that receiving corps looks pretty darn good.

@billsequipment

Kelvin Benjamin will wear jersey #13. Go #Bills
DNjQloIX0AAqswQ.jpg
9:40 AM - 1 Nov 2017

Stevie number baby!!!

Another way of looking at it.

McBeane basically made the following player-for-player trade...

CB Ron Darby and QB Cardale Jones

FOR

WR Kelvin Benjamin and WR Jordan Matthews

I dont usually agree with you. But yes, I do enjoy that balance

Do you really think they were pleased with his strides? What strides were those? Strides to a zero tackle stat line?

Taking strides toward where you need to be and actually being where you need to be are not the same thing.

Taking strides toward where you need to be and actually being where you need to be are not the same thing.

What were those strides? The goose egg stat lines? Outplayed by Cedric Thornton?

He was being shopped all year. They were trying to boost his stock.

Edited by jmc12290

Benjamin struggled in college and in the pros maintaining weight. Showing up fat to TC as a skill position player isn't a good teammate move.

Do you really think they were pleased with his strides? What strides were those? Strides to a zero tackle stat line?

He played at 242 lbs in college and coaches were fine with that. No one in college asked him to lose weight. Pro personal asked him about losing weight to 225 during the combine.Just wanted to clear up the college rumors about being too heavy, not true. He was our main wr during our championship season and caught the game winning td w less than a minute left in the game against Auburn. No word of weight issues from coaches, just media. Glad he's on board.

He played at 242 lbs in college and coaches were fine with that. No one in college asked him to lose weight. Pro personal asked him about losing weight to 225 during the combine.Just wanted to clear up the college rumors about being too heavy, not true. He was our main wr during our championship season and caught the game winning td w less than a minute left in the game against Auburn. No word of weight issues from coaches, just media. Glad he's on board.

Coaches were fine with his weight that championship year. Not when he first started at FSU.

I'm with you, but I still would like to see them take a QB with on of their first picks this year and sit him behind Taylor for a season. That'd be my dream.

Well I guess I wouldn't mind one of their firsts assuming both KC and Bills are in the playoffs.

Well I guess I wouldn't mind one of their firsts assuming both KC and Bills are in the playoffs.

That's what I'm (hoping)expecting. Though if there's no one there they shouldn't reach for one.

I don't think they can/should move up from the mid-low twenties to get a QB unless they're gaga over him. Even if they are, I'm not sure they can swing two late first round picks into a top 3 - not with so many other teams needing QB help.