The Pats Method of Winning is NOT Sustainable

Jauronimo

The Pats have won 5 championships since 2001 and played in 2 other SB's during that time. What exactly is your definition of sustainable because I'd do a backflip over Niagra Falls for just one Lombardi trophy.

Also I still think that folks are in for a surprise if they think this year's Pats team isn't good enough to win the division, make the SB, win a championship, etc. Remember as the calender flips to November and especially December they simply don't lose games.

Past results are not an effective indicator of future success.

In 2017, how do they continue to win? What is their process? Describe it to me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Borrowed from another thread:

https://twitter.com/RyanBurr?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Ryan Burr Retweeted Ryan Burr

Told TB relationship with BB not great and all his loyalty is too Mr Kraft.

Ryan Burr added,

Ryan BurrVerified account @RyanBurr
Brady camp 3 days ago felt privately TB could be traded by Bill after 17. This was a Kraft decision to make it clear Brady finishes as a Pat
1 reply6 retweets3 likes

Backstabbing and ratf#$%ing each other sounds like a lovely process and a surefire way to keep winning!

Edited by Jauronimo

Cheating, help from the refs and alot of luck have taken the cheats a long ways. Not to mention Ernie Adams and Belicheat preparing them for all situations which may or may not stretch the rulebook to the point of rules changes have led to their run but you can feel the end nearing.

Belicheat and Marsha will be gone by 2019 and who knows from there.

While the mainstream media and #FakeNews would have us believe that the Patriots are infallible, a closer look at this season reveals glaring weaknesses. Their method of winning is simply unsustainable.

1. Timely Calls – The Pats continue to benefit from crucial calls at critical moments. The Chargers and Jets games could have easily gone the other way. Can the Patriots really expect to receive favorable officiating for the rest of the year? Its not like they can just change the rule book.
  2. Turnover Differential – The Pats have only committed 5 turnovers this year and are a +8 in turnover differential. Now that balls are properly inflated, can those fumble numbers stay at 3? Its possible but seems unlikely.
  3. No Defense – They do not defend their dirt.
  4. No PROCESS – New England does not have a process!! As McDermott has proven, the key to winning consistently is having a process and trusting that process. What is New England’s process? Have a HOF QB? If they have a process its obviously not well communicated as I haven’t heard about it. Can they keep winning without a process? NO!

I'm not suggesting we sweep the Pats this year, but I don't see any reason to believe they can keep up their current pace.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

The Patriots model can only be pulled off by Belichick & Brady.

We've seen it attempted many times by other teams, but all fall flat on their face.

If a terrible franchise was looking for a team to emulate, I'd pick the Steelers, Seahawks or Packers model.

For obvious reasons, you don't stand a chance if you try to do it their way.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Its not like they can just change the rule book.

Ahem, tuck rule anyone? Or, the "just give it to them" call that single-handedly brought back replay?

You can flip a coin 20 times and get 20 heads in a row. What're the odds of getting heads 21 times in a row?

3.5?

Ok, taken another way ~3.5 times out of 10. EDIT: since 20 in a row is 3.8 out of 10, we should expect a decrease in the odds to be ~3.5 in 10.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

In all seriousness, in the games I've seen, they look like they can be knocked off this year, without super-human effort. Which, if you all recall, isn't new: we were one inexplicable Leodis McKelvin fumbled kick-off away from knocking them off, after dominating the whole game, a few years before the Fitz win.

It has always come down making less mistakes than the other team. That's no secret. It is a process, just not the kind we think of: Good Pats players have been cut/traded, if they make even 1 mistake. This derives from a coach who has won so many times, no player dares to complain about anything, ever. Belechick doesn't rule by respect as much as he rules by fear: the certainty of benching/trading/cutting any player, at any time. There is no other coach in the NFL, and there hasn't been for the last 16 years, who has anywhere near the power that Belechick does over every aspect of his player's lives. He also has control over the ref's lives, and as we've seen: his default belief is that he is above the league's rules, and he has no fear of the player's union or their agents.

So, I wouldn't say there is a Patriots process: it's more like a Patriot's ideology, based on totalitarianism, intimidation and a willingness to use any method, however nefarious, to win. The rest of the NFL world simply appeases it. Even the commissioner has been burned/made to look the fool by these guys. Really, it's not that far off from how the Cold War KGB was run.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

They've had a lot of success over the years but its not sustainable. That was my point.

Name 1 way of doing it that lasted longer...they've been a force over 16 years....that is unmatched....they are the definition of sustainability in a sport that is built to prevent a long stretch of dominance...again, name 1 example that's better....

If your point is to say it will end...of course it will...but to say their way is not sustainable is just silly when you look at the actual results....

That's not a process. And 2017 Brady is not the same Brady. If your process is to never age and get hurt, you're going to have a bad time.

No he's not...he's better than the Brady of the early 2000's......just look at his stats this year....

Were Bills fans, we want the Pats to fail. Hopefully we can knock them off this season, but lets not act like the Pats are crap. The NFL is loaded with mediocrity. Every team in the league including the Pats are deeply flawed The Pats have as good of a chance as anyone to win another Super Bowl. As long as Brady and B.B. are around, I wouldnt bet against them.

I laughed when I read the part where you say that catching breaks from the refs wont last. The Pats have relied on catching breaks from the officials for the last 17 years.

Past results are not an effective indicator of future success.

In 2017, how do they continue to win? What is their process? Describe it to me.

Bill Belichik and Tom Brady are the process in New England.

And when both are gone obviously the Pats reign is over. But it speaks volumes that they moved Jimmy G, so either Belichik don't believe he's the heir apparent after all or Brady is truly playing until he's 45+.