Bills Reaction to Tate's 22 yd catch and run IS this team

Did you all see the team rally around Tate after that awesome catch and run? That is the Bills I remember from the 1990s.

McD has this team completely. The team believes they can beat ANYONE right now, simply with the reaction to that catch and run.

They look like they are having fun. They look like a team with a chip on its shoulder and an attitude. And I really put a lot of that on McD. He looks to be a GREAT hire. . .probably the first since Wade.

The other one was the Micah Hyde pick. The two LBs celebrating and Mills going out to congratulate Hyde. The team is playing REAL team football where the Offense and Defense are not units, but a team.

I am feeling really good about this team, best I've felt in years. Beat the Jets solidly and can we say the Bills have arrived, since the next THREE games are all winnable? This team can be 8-2 going into the KC game.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, being there yesterday, and at many games over the years, the team's sideline reaction was very unusual compared to most teams.

They are definitely embracing the "whole team" concept and celebrating (literally) the contributions of the bottom of the roster.

Again, very unique team culture going on here.

Tell me that didn't make your game seeing that! They rallied around Tate.

Yes, being there yesterday, and at many games over the years, the team's sideline reaction was very unusual compared to most teams.

They are definitely embracing the "whole team" concept and celebrating (literally) the contributions of the bottom of the roster.

And McD giving the game ball to Logan Thomas was the class act of the year! Can we say, after seven games, that he owns this team and that "trust the process" line is working?

Bet When Zay Jones gets his first TD they will do the same thing cause you know the kid is working hard and seems to getting more comfortable. I like what I see from this team for sure.

They acted like a bunch of giddy school girls after getting asked out by the "hot" boy in the class...

So refreshing to see that from a group of pros that remember what sports is all about in its truest sense...

Edited by matter2003

I really did enjoy that, and agree with the OP. The total is greater than the sum of it's parts.

The team/family dynamic is working. No Bob woods, sammy, darby, gilmore, dareus, etc..... but doing much better as a unit.

I agree it was awesome to see the team get hyped for Tate. And as you said, they're winning without those players you mentioned. IMO, I think Woods would fit in with this team. Any receiver wants to get the ball as much as possible but from the day he arrived he knew this was a run-first team and instead of worrying about his numbers, he became one of the better blocking receivers in the game. Granted, his production didn't match the contract he was offered but can't blame the guy for signing with a team in his backyard.

I agree it was awesome to see the team get hyped for Tate. And as you said, they're winning without those players you mentioned. IMO, I think Woods would fit in with this team. Any receiver wants to get the ball as much as possible but from the day he arrived he knew this was a run-first team and instead of worrying about his numbers, he became one of the better blocking receivers in the game. Granted, his production didn't match the contract he was offered but can't blame the guy for signing with a team in his backyard.

Im not sure if McD would be a fan of Woods dumb penalties, and occasional inability to control his temper.

Not to jack the thread but also very cool was the TD pass to Andre Holmes. One of the most amazing throw and catches I've seen in a while from this team. Tyrod extended the play with his athleticism. Andre tip-toes keeping his feet in bounds. Man I would watch that play all day !

I've been watching the Bills since 1988 and I've never seen the team react like that, not even during the Super Bowl years. Hell, I was at The Comeback in Jan 1993 and didn't see the team react like that. This camaraderie is at a whole new level and I love it!

Yeah I agree with this. I didn't mean to slight any of those guys (though seriously frick Dareus amd Gilly), but was really just pointing out that we "lost" a whole slew of our "best players", but the team is much better without them.

Freakin awesome. I hope McD is our 10+ year answer, and early signs are encouraging.