Bills Reaction to Tate's 22 yd catch and run IS this team

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'ts very disrespectful to an official who is holding out his hands waiting of a player who just gained a first down to hand him the ball, only to watch said player perform a mic drop with the ball then walk away.

I'd be wanting to kick that player in the balls.

Well thankfully most refs are attorneys and not trollish children. And yes, there is a line between the two.

Well thankfully most refs are attorneys and not trollish children. And yes, there is a line between the two.

Nice try at an insult, practice makes perfect :)

I would be interested to know however if the in the field of play first down shenanigans are legal, or if the NFL is just letting them slide. Those are right up there in disrespect with what used to only be sack dances, which now seem to occur after any tackle for a loss or forcing of a punt.

Edited by T-Bomb

Yeah I agree with this. I didn't mean to slight any of those guys (though seriously frick Dareus amd Gilly), but was really just pointing out that we "lost" a whole slew of our "best players" " ME PLAYERS ", but the team is much better without them.

Freakin awesome. I hope McD is our 10+ year answer, and early signs are encouraging.

Yeah that's why I put "best players" in quotes...

As I said in the preseason.......the plan was to simplify and synergize.

It's not a new concept.........just hasn't really worked except with the Patriots......and we found out later that their uncanny knack for next-man-up success was predicated in good part on knowing the opposing teams playcalls.

That's how you turn WR Troy Brown into a capable CB. :lol:

By the time they got busted they had 3 rings and an All Star team of vets so the die was cast on BB's process.

We'll see if the Bills can maintain it.........Jauron couldn't do it in 2008 mainly because his QB fell apart.

Chan's band of misfits in 2011.......basically same deal.

McD's advantages are that Tyrod is tested........his flaws were exposed 2 years ago and he's gotten gradually better in those areas.......he's not likely to fall off a cliff like Edwards or Fitz did.

And he's built a team of veterans and a coaching staff lead up by veterans.........subsequently very old team but they aren't making the mistakes or wilting under pressure.

Very impressed with Dennison and Frazier making adjustments..........proving smart of McD to bring in two very experienced guys to run his O and D.

You make some great points. We do have to get a bit lucky, but as you said only BB has succeeded with this style recently. Josh McDaniels and Chip Kelly failed spectacularly, but Chip looked good at first.

There are long odds that this works for us, but if it works... it will be a big deal.

good. i'm from a hardcore italian catholic family, and i'll raise you the fact the my uncle is a priest.

You got me there, mother is very devout, but the generations that followed, not so much.

I for one am happy religion is dying, I do sometimes wish I could time jump 1000 years into the future to see how humanity turns out. I'm betting the NFL is long gone :)

It shows how important the locker room is to what the coaches are trying to build. As talented as Sammy and Dareus were they had egos about their individual performance that likely were the cause of some locker room issues, Darby on the other hand had issues with management and wasn't a great fit for the scheme. Overall I think that the team has bought into what the coach is doing and it did show on that Tate play.

With the larger negative forces gone they have completed a fresh start and winning both cures and justifies everything.

Did you all see the team rally around Tate after that awesome catch and run? That is the Bills I remember from the 1990s.

McD has this team completely. The team believes they can beat ANYONE right now, simply with the reaction to that catch and run.

They look like they are having fun. They look like a team with a chip on its shoulder and an attitude. And I really put a lot of that on McD. He looks to be a GREAT hire. . .probably the first since Wade.

The other one was the Micah Hyde pick. The two LBs celebrating and Mills going out to congratulate Hyde. The team is playing REAL team football where the Offense and Defense are not units, but a team.

I am feeling really good about this team, best I've felt in years. Beat the Jets solidly and can we say the Bills have arrived, since the next THREE games are all winnable? This team can be 8-2 going into the KC game.

The melee that developed around Tate on that play was so wild, chaotic, and out of control that the play by play guy on TV initially said "And a fight breaks out!" or something like that...interpreting what he was seeing as some team vs. team, out of bounds, after the whistle, fight !

And it did kind of look like that. James Lofton quickly corrected him saying it was just his own team congratulating him.

It reminds me of the Superbowl teams where everyone was 1 family and we had so many character guys running around pumping the team up all the time, regardless if they played O or D.

I can picture Darryl Talley shouting motivation at offensive players for sure.

Or Bruce would go on the field to congratulate an offensive player after a big play, etc.

He did mention he really only see's that in children's games these days, and not really in professional sports.

You keep bringing this up, so I'll ask you, when do children play a game of accountant or lawyer?

You got me there, mother is very devout, but the generations that followed, not so much.

I for one am happy religion is dying, I do sometimes wish I could time jump 1000 years into the future to see how humanity turns out. I'm betting the NFL is long gone :)

that's what happened to us. the last generation was into the catholic thing, the kids...not so much. it's strange. on occasion i'll run into some of the old schools from my mom's neighborhood, and they still ask about my uncle priest, (who is in his 80s). back then having a rock star in your family when one of the kids became a priest.