McDermott - Coach of the Year Candidate?

Foxx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the usual, Dean - living life on my terms (mostly) and enjoying it as much as I'm able.

Off to Roswell Park in the AM, then out to Lancaster to celebrate my dad's 91st b-day. (God bless him!)

Hope all is well your way - hopefully the weather in Florida is better than here!

Best to your Dad. And keep an eye on your Mom. I hear she took another fall.

You're comparing Chan Gailey, nice guy, decent OC, but bottom of the barrel hire, to McDermott, Frazier and Dennison?

Not the coaches, no, but the situations. We're doing well, but there's a lot of season left. Let's hold off on awards until the end, imo.

if Todd Bowles can get 6 or 7 wins out of that Jets team he should win it...probably won't. That is a 2 win team at best.

Rex should have won it when he coaxed 8 wins out the Jets the year before he got fired...that team was dreadful and had Geno as the QB...

COTY is not an atta' boy award. You have to do something.

COTY is not an atta' boy award. You have to do something.

Atta boy for what? It is a coaching award. Who did the best job coaching. Just because you have Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Matt Ryan on your team to cover up a bunch of boneheaded decisions doesn't mean you did a good job coaching.

If you take a team with absolutely zero talent and get them to 6 or 7 wins, it IS a much better coaching job than taking a 10 win team and getting them to 11 or 12.

i mean how could he not be at this point?

traded away most of the stars, a boatload of draft picks in the pipeline. the players left are simply balling out for this man.

what a joy to finally see some competent coaching on the Bills.

cheers y'all

:beer:

So far, but they like the flash of LA more.

Can we please hold off on the celebratory coronation? The season is less than half played.

sure, you can if you like, however please do not try and limit me and others who would like to express the sentiment that you are seeing.

FWIW I suggested this 2 weeks ago because of the defense alone.

cheers. i missed it.

This is all getting a little ridiculous.

They're 5-2, folks - the season isn't even halfway done yet. We have seen this movie so many times before - can we please see where they're at in 5 more weeks before we anoint everyone?

McDermott

Marrone

McVay

Pederson

I think if Marrone and/or McDermott make the playoffs, one of them will win.

If not, I think whomever has the better regular season record between McVay and Pederson will get it.

The fact that so many are saying that this team has no talent is baffling to me. They do have talent but no superstars...which is fine, in my opinion. I believe Ive mentioned it before but McD clearly believes in the Herb Brooks mentality...and he should.

I got flamed for saying that I trusted this group (coaching and FO) after week one. Thats ok, but it was evident then that something was different this time (to me, at least). There is something different. Even in the postgame pressers, there is little to no me talk (even from Shady) and that is such a watershed. These men believe in what McD is selling (as well they should) and it is paying dividends.