What role did Marrone play in this trade?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is Coughlin is probably the most strict personality the NFL has seen in recent years. Dareus' leash is likely shorter than it was in Buffalo. The fact they only gave up a 6th to get him means he could be kicking rocks even by year's end.

I think you would decide who really gets credit/blame for this trade in the same way most here tend to judge Bills trades (or draft picks). Any move you deem to be positive belongs to the guy in management you like the most. And every bad move you credit to the guy you dislike the most.

So, if you think this is a bad move for Jax, you probably say "That's a Marrone move!' If Dareus ends up playing great for Jax, and makes a real difference, you later change this to "Coughlin's a genius! Despite Marrone they are doing well."

Easy, see?

I think you would decide who really gets credit/blame for this trade in the same way most here tend to judge Bills trades (or draft picks). Any move you deem to be positive belongs to the guy in management you like the most. And every bad move you credit to the guy you dislike the most.

So, if you think this is a bad move for Jax, you probably say "That's a Marrone move!' If Dareus ends up playing great for Jax, and makes a real difference, you later change this to "Coughlin's a genius! Despite Marrone they are doing well."

Easy, see?

That's a fair point. I guess the question is whether Marrone brought out the best in Dareus when he was coach, or if he just happened to be around.

My question is the clauses which were put in by Jim Overdorf which allowed him not to pay back money after drug tests, are they still in? I think when you absorb contract you absorb all clauses.

Pretty sure you absorb all clauses. A bunch of us expect a reworked contract either soon or after the season.