I really hope I'm not watching Chip Kelly part 2..

You haven't factored Kyle & Incognito retiring, Clay too gimpy to continue, Cordy not far behind.

So you'd want Dareus at that contract because Kyle will likely retire? The rest of your garble is something we'd have to deal with eventually anyway.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

just curious how our 6th round pick for the #3 overall DT that was a pro bowler factors into that

Albert Haynesworth went to a few Pro Bowls too.

The way I understand it, they are taking an enormous cap hit in trading Dareus. All that guaranteed money comes due.

Personally, I think the writing has been on the wall for Dareus ever since McDermott got here. I really think, whether they are/were good and productive or not, McDermott and Beane want to be rid of any players that were cornerstones of the Whaley era. Sammy, Darues...wouldn't be shocked to see Glenn gone by the deadline...and McCoy and Clay (probably Tyrod too) will be gone by next season. I think it is a little short sighted...all those draft picks don't guarantee success.

It has nothing to do with who brought the players in and everything to do with earning your contract.

No comparison.

McCoy and Jackson were LIGHT YEARS more productive going out the door in Philly than Watkins and Dareus were here.

Watkins gave the Bills nothing last year and Dareus has been a waste for years.

And Darby was awful last year and not a scheme fit.

Again, no comparison.

I'm not saying I like or dislike any of the trades Brandon Beane has made since becoming the Bills GM.... but is anyone else getting that feeling Philadelphia fans got when Chip Kelly blow up that Eagles roster in just 2 seasons then was fired. Leaving them with no top end talent on the team.

"Blowing up" anything related to the Bills of the last 17 years sounds like a fantastic idea.

you commented on this coach being like Chip Kelly in that they traded a bunch of players for draft picks to move up to get Wentz. And my comment was in regards to trading Dareus for almost "nothing" and how that "nothing" of a draft pick will not get us any closer to getting our QB

Wtf? I said we need to get a QB. How the crap did you get all that out of "our turn to get a QB"

All absolutely true.

What picks did kelly get in those trades that helped get Wentz? While chip was with the eagles they didn't have a ton of extra picks. They might have had a couple late rounders (iirc he they had an extra 5th or 6th a couple years) but nothing even close to what we're doing.

Shady was traded for kiko.

DeSean Jackson was released

Jeremy maclin was a fa

Chip traded a 2nd and I think a 4th along with foles for Sam Bradford who was traded by the current HC.

Chip didn't stockpile picks

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I'm not saying I like or dislike any of the trades Brandon Beane has made since becoming the Bills GM.... but is anyone else getting that feeling Philadelphia fans got when Chip Kelly blow up that Eagles roster in just 2 seasons then was fired. Leaving them with no top end talent on the team.

Here is what we know:

A) That McD is a good coach.

B) That we have more quality draft picks to build and improve a team than any time in our life time.

C) That over the next three years we will be entering into the best salary cap position we've had in Lord knows how long.

D) That this team is playing more sound fundamental football than we have in a while.

E) That this team seems to have corrected if not greatly improved it's game killing self-inflicted penalties problem.

F) Building a team of high character guys who are buying in to the culture change.

G) With all that said, and everything to look forward to over the next 3 years, we have a real shot at making the playoffs.

Here is what we know:

A) That McD is a good coach.

B) That we have more quality draft picks to build and improve a team than any time in our life time.

C) That over the next three years we will be entering into the best salary cap position we've had in Lord knows how long.

D) That this team is playing more sound fundamental football than we have in a while.

E) That this team seems to have corrected if not greatly improved it's game killing self-inflicted penalties problem.

F) Building a team of high character guys who are buying in to the culture change.

G) With all that said, and everything to look forward to over the next 3 years, we have a real shot at making the playoffs.

All this, and realistically, I thought this team would stink this year like everyone else. The miracle that they are competitive shocks me.

If the Bills were knocking on the deep playoff run this year, maybe you swallow the nightmare of the Dareus situation for a year. But why bother. They wanted him to succeed and he wasn't. They will miss him this year for sure but this move was for the future.

I do hope with the $$ room they have this year, they can pluck one fair contributor at CB or RB.

Edited by BeginnersMind

Its a fair parallel to point out to watch out for. Could go either way though.

It is a fair parallel to draw but I think McDermotts persona as a coach and as a person is far different than Kellys. Much less arrogant.