Boldin: "Why I Quit Football for Activism" - Wants to Play

#Bills GM Brandon Beane said if they cannot trade Anquan Boldin, that he has no plans of releasing the player from his contract.

I like this. He would have lost even the remote possibility of getting a 7th rounder for Boldin if he's suggested that he's open to releasing him. As for those 6th/7th rounders: collect a few and suddenly you've got a 5th rounder in a trade.

Not sure there is much of a market for Boldin. Boldin is 37 coming off of his least productive season. I am sure some team would have been willing to give him a contract at the league minimum but what team is going to want to trade a 7th round pick for him at 2.5 million? I think a team would rather take on one of the other veterans out on the market for less money and not having to give up a draft pick.

I think the Bills did the right thing letting him test the market without letting him walk for nothing. Boldin quit on the team for good or bad reasons but the Bills shouldn't let him leave for greener pastures without seeking something in return.

Actually the Bills did them a favor. Most of these type of players look good at beginning due to their experience but fade as years go since most do not have the endurance they did when younger and do not recover as quickly. So now he will play half a season at half the salary and then if successful he will try again.

But Bills front office got known as a pushover and the Bills need to rectify this and this player can be an example with only "negative" publicity which actually is positive.

Lost in the excitement of the trade deadline moves is waking up this morning with the warm feeling than Anquan got put back on track yesterday for his true purpose in life, the world is a better place

@mikerodak

Brandon Beane on Anquan Boldin: “We made a commitment to him and he made a commitment to us.” Doesn’t want him to sign with NE or MIA.

@SalSports

Bills GM Brandon Beane said on WGR team maintains rights to Anquan Boldin even after this season. Would have to release or trade him if he wants to come back in 2018.

Well thats clear as day!

@mikerodak

Bills GM Brandon Beane told SiriusXM on Tuesday that he won't release Anquan Boldin from retired list because, "We made a commitment to Anquan, and he made a commitment to us back in camp. He left for the reasons he mentioned back in August. We invested in him invested time and committed to him and we wouldn't want to just put him out on the market to see him go sign with the Patriots or the Dolphins or anybody that can get in our way or work against us."

Well thats clear as day!

@mikerodak

Bills GM Brandon Beane told SiriusXM on Tuesday that he won't release Anquan Boldin from retired list because, "We made a commitment to Anquan, and he made a commitment to us back in camp. He left for the reasons he mentioned back in August. We invested in him invested time and committed to him and we wouldn't want to just put him out on the market to see him go sign with the Patriots or the Dolphins or anybody that can get in our way or work against us."

Can't be any clearer and I couldn't agree more. Good work, Beane

Well thats clear as day!

@mikerodak

Some may call it vindictive, I call it smart business and holding a man to his word. Well played Mr Beane. Well played.

@mikerodak

Brandon Beane on Anquan Boldin: “We made a commitment to him and he made a commitment to us.” Doesn’t want him to sign with NE or MIA.

@SalSports

Bills GM Brandon Beane said on WGR team maintains rights to Anquan Boldin even after this season. Would have to release or trade him if he wants to come back in 2018.

@mikerodak

The Bills won’t let Anquan Boldin play elsewhere because he made a commitment to Buffalo

https://t.co/hngcPCHWTC

• 4 weeks later...