Kaep will sit at table with Owners: What would you ask him?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they act like adults, the first question from the NFL is, "What can we do, together and collectively and appropriately, do to support the cause of civil rights, social equity, and social equality that does not include kneeling during the anthem."

In what world does anyone genuinely think the NFL has to spend one freaking minute thinking about or addressing civil rights, social equity and social equality?

How about this from the NFL owners: Kaep, you were paid millions to play football. You opted out. You have baggage no team wants. Have a good day. And as for the rest of you, if you don't like the fact that the NFL doesn't see itself as a vehicle for your whiny little snowflake causes, go watch soccer. They'll flop for you all day. We have a game to play.

In what world does anyone genuinely think the NFL has to spend one freaking minute thinking about or addressing civil rights, social equity and social equality?

How about this from the NFL owners: Kaep, you were paid millions to play football. You opted out. You have baggage no team wants. Have a good day. And as for the rest of you, if you don't like the fact that the NFL doesn't see itself as a vehicle for your whiny little snowflake causes, go watch soccer. They'll flop for you all day. We have a game to play.

I'll play a little devils advocate here. I think that Kaep might have a chance of winning for a simple reason. The NFL makes money off of the US military(govt). Granted is a small amount but the more he/they protest, the more they (potentially) lose viewers (and in turn hurt the ratings of the NFL).

I'm drawing the conclusion that the viewers that are going to quit watching are the ones that support the military, whether family or personal involvement, and then they lose both viewing and recruitment (for branches of service).

Eventually, US govt pulls out of contract and no longer does fly overs and salutes and flag unfolding, etc. All to be left with the Buffalo Bills famous news helicopter flyover for the anthem.

It's likely a longshot but it could happen.

And I know it's not a protest of the flag or the anthem, but that is when it is happening so that is what a good amount of the population see it as no matter what he or anyone else says when they aren't protesting.

Edited by The Wiz

Honestly, this is more of a PR ploy by Kaep than anything that will accomplish something. Don't think the owners aren't talking amongst each other about his lawsuit. This is just to appease his ego and feel him out. There is no "resolution" on the horizon nor will he get a contract offer anytime soon. He has spat in the face of too many people, owners included, and now he has a collusion lawsuit out there. Do you HONESTLY believe that they are scared of him or anything that he is trying to pull? :lol: if you do. He is not MLK, he is not Ali, he is not Malcolm, he is not even Rosa Parks. There is more injustice amongst blacks against their own kind than there is injustice from all other sides. Black on black crime far outweighs the numbers of black males killed "unjustly" by police officers. Go sit in on the next City Council meeting in Chicago if you're TRULY worried about making a difference.

This should not go unnoticed. Wonderfully written. Also, keep in mind that David Fales is currently a backup QB in this league. Don't tell me that a QB that took his team to back to back NFC championships doesn't beat out David Fales.

He's not elite but the real reason they aren't employing him isn't his skill level.

David fales doesn't cause any drama...

David fales doesn't start controversies...

David Fales is a silent backup...

Kaepernick would be the most talked about bad backup QB in the league...

If he was starter worthy he'd be employed. But he's a drama king backup

You have used the game as your own personal platform to justify a cause. Dr. King used his own influence, position, intellect to drive change. He never disrespected the flag or other symbols of the country. In fact, he displayed utmost respect that the country in which he lived allowed him the opportunity to speak his mind and lead a mostly non-violent campaign for change. Why bring the game you supposedly love into a controversy? It seems self-serving when a person like you has so many other avenues in which to advocate for change and social justice.

Edited by JoeF

My hope is that his presence in this meeting will be the first step toward the lawsuit being dropped, as well as the end to the blackballing. It's a crappy situation, all around.

As far as what I'd ask Kaepernick:

What are your feelings toward police officers? Is your beef strictly with dirty cops? Or do you have something against police officers, in general? If so, why?

Do you regret wearing the socks and the Castro shirt?

Would you agree that wearing the socks and the shirt took away from your initial means of protest (kneeling), which, alone, would have been more likely to be taken seriously and respected?

If you were to become part of an NFL roster, what would you do to minimize the drama that would inevitably come with it?

These aren't bad questions, Gugny, so I'll take a stab at some answers :

What are your feelings toward police officers? Is your beef strictly with dirty cops? Or do you have something against police officers, in general? If so, why?

Police departments often have no accountability. Bad cops are a tiny percent of the whole but often their own peers don't question their conduct and their departments shy from disciplining them. If their actions are criminal, local DAs can hesitate to charge and juries frequently refuse to convict - sometimes despite blatant evidence. There is a great deal of debate on what degree the Black community suffers from bad policing more than others - but it's probable they feel it more. There's often an aggressive edge to policing in the Black community which may or may not be justified by higher crime rates. But if someone is in your face you feel it, theoretical justification notwithstanding. It they don't have any accountability for their actions, you feel it much more.

Do you regret wearing the socks and the Castro shirt?

Kaepernick by all accounts is a extremely reserved and withdrawn figure - to a fault for people expecting a more boisterous leader. Both his personal life and presence inside the club-house has been scandal free, kneeling at the beginning of games excepted. He had a strong religious faith thru college which seems to have continued into the pros. He's been heavily involved in charity and social work. Given the socks and tee are the sole evidence people muster to prove he's some brutish thug villain, I'd bet he has regrets.

Would you agree that wearing the socks and the shirt took away from your initial means of protest (kneeling), which, alone, would have been more likely to be taken seriously and respected?

Pretty much the same question above......

If you were to become part of an NFL roster, what would you do to minimize the drama that would inevitably come with it?

What could he do? The media circus is on autopilot.....

I'd tell him to !@#$ off. I don't speak with people who disrespect my flag and anthem.

Pay particular attention to section C,D and I. At virtually every major sporting event the flag is flown horizontally. Ever seen a guy in an American Flag shirt or how about a flag on a beer can? According to the code all are disrespectful.

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

© The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

"Colin, why the hell are you here at this table? You're an ex-player, and not an owner."

"Colin, do you understand that, since we're pandering to you now, your protest is no longer a protest?"

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

I always love this one. What do idiots who B word about flag burning to do get rid of an old flag?