Voice of the Fan - TBD and Buff News

Too many attempts at humor for my taste, but nicely written nonetheless...Of course ESPN is one liner after one liner now a days, so it fit's right in with the current sport culture.

Thx. It is a little jokey. The issue with writing something about the previous game for a Tuesday is by Monday at noon almost everything has been written about the game already. And there are dozens of articles on the game at the Blitz. So I tried to make it a little goofy and entertaining, to be different, which is tricky business.

And yeah, ESPN has really gone overboard recently, although I don't watch it all that much.

I always had this theory that Chris Berman and Dan Patrick and the good early guys at ESPN ruined sports television because they were actually consistently funny back then. And all of the ensuing hosts tried to be funny and as popular as they were and most of them just aren't that funny. So it falls flat.

Thank you to Kelly and Scott for helping us get this off the ground. We look forward to the weekly contributions.

With the Voice of the Fsn and the View from Vegas that we debuted last eeej on Bills betting trends, we have added two features directly derived from my requests for suggestions on this board. So thank you all for that. And happy to hear more ideas.

The conversation about subscription models is ongoing here and elsewhere and the decision is up to you. But I will say that I am constantly talking with my staff about how to make our coverage better and different. I want to engage with Bills fans and learn what they want to read about.

So I make the same offer that I made to you before: Drop me a line at jbarnett@buffnews.com. I read everything I get. Or post something here or on the other threads that I have started.

Early on, someone here accused me of post and ghost. I hope by now you know that's not the case.

Thanks, Josh

Thanks for staying engaged. You have already made a difference at TBN.

So big thanks to Scott, and Josh Barnett, the Buffalo News started a new feature for the Bills Blitz called "Voice of the Fan." I was asked to write a column about the game specifically from the fan's perspective. I think it will come out on Tuesdays and hopefully last for awhile. And twobillsdrive gets a little mention at the bottom.

So all you cheapskates, shell out the $2.99 and give it a read. If you feel compelled, write a comment or let Josh know you think that his idea was brilliant. Ha.

If anyone has ideas for what you would like to see in the column, tell me here.

The site changes quite often as to the placement of the articles. It just came out so it is easy to find right near the top. Otherwise it's in the Commentary and Fandom sections.

Pony up! ;)

http://buffalonews.com/section/sports/bills/

You misused "commandeer." Between that and the casual racism of suggesting "Chinese bamboo torture" for calling Taiwan Jones' play...you're an...well, you know.

You misused "commandeer." Between that and the casual racism of suggesting "Chinese bamboo torture" for calling Taiwan Jones' play...you're an...well, you know.

Commandeer was a little joke to myself which made me smirk. It was the take forcible possession of definition. Like he really wasn't fully in charge before, and finally took over. And you politically correct police have become worse than the people you used to call the politically correct police. Ha.

Excellent news. It was one of my ideas and I am thrilled the BN has taken it up. I look forward to reading KTD.

So it was you!! Ha. It's a good idea to get the perspective of the fan. No one, especially a wiseass like myself, represents "fans," because there are so many different kinds, and everyone has an opinion. But fans do tend to think differently than teams or coaches or GMs. I definitely hope people make suggestions on what they would like to discuss or see or explore. Bills fans are a rare breed.

So big thanks to Scott, and Josh Barnett, the Buffalo News started a new feature for the Bills Blitz called "Voice of the Fan." I was asked to write a column about the game specifically from the fan's perspective. I think it will come out on Tuesdays and hopefully last for awhile. And twobillsdrive gets a little mention at the bottom.

So all you cheapskates, shell out the $2.99 and give it a read. If you feel compelled, write a comment or let Josh know you think that his idea was brilliant. Ha.

The site changes quite often as to the placement of the articles. It just came out so it is easy to find right near the top. Otherwise it's in the Commentary and Fandom sections.

Pony up! ;)

YOU were asked? How fraudulent is that column gonna be? :lol:

$2.99 for Billionaire Buffett whos about to get a huge tax break & his estate tax will go to $0. Ill keep my $2.99.

That $2.99 goes through a lot of mouths, and by the time touches Berkshire Hathaway, it's probably down to less than a penny.

Pony up! ;)

Congrats KTD.

This is pretty cool.

I suggest that you take suggestions with a grain of salt (pun intended). If you try to be too inclusive of people's ideas what your column should like, I think you will lose your own vision.

I wanted to be supportive and even though I had stopped reading TBN sports content when it was still free, I did begin this morning to go ahead and sign up for a month plus the two free weeks just to see what you are doing there.

Unfortunately the formatting is such that I must enter my personal and credit card information before I am even presented with the terms. For example it is $2.99 per month billed monthly? Or is it $2.99 x 12 for an actual charge of $35.88? I don't know!

The FAQ link on the sign up page goes to a 404 error.

None of which is your problem I just want to say why I won't be able to see what you write there but I do hope it goes really well for you!

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

Congrats KTD.

This is pretty cool.

I suggest that you take suggestions with a grain of salt (pun intended). If you try to be too inclusive of people's ideas what your column should like, I think you will lose your own vision.

I wanted to be supportive and even though I had stopped reading TBN sports content when it was still free, I did begin this morning to go ahead and sign up for a month plus the two free weeks just to see what you are doing there.

Unfortunately the formatting is such that I must enter my personal and credit card information before I am even presented with the terms. For example it is $2.99 per month billed monthly? Or is it $2.99 x 12 for an actual charge of $35.88? I don't know!

The FAQ link on the sign up page goes to a 404 error.

None of which is your problem I just want to say why I won't be able to see what you write there but I do hope it goes really well for you!

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's $2.99 per month for the Bills Blitz during the football season. So it would only be $9 for the rest of the year.