Zay Jones please read

I don't think want to give up on him. Just expected more out of him at this point. If he was running the wrong routes or having trouble adjusting to the NFL that is understandable but he's just not making catches

Maybe not you but there have been some who have hinted at that,

one even asked if it was too early to use the word bust

We all wanted more out of him. But he will be fine - trust the process. He is being targeted by a QB who is reticent to throw receivers open. That tells me this will be okay.

But I completely agree with OP that he should change that cursed number. Something in the 80s would make him look bigger :thumbsup:

please stop with the cliches. I agree. i think he's talented and will be fine. Unfortunately we need more from a rookie that we should expect at this time so there is more pressure on him

Maybe not you but there have been some who have hinted at that,

one even asked if it was too early to use the word bust

yeah, I know...kinda ridiculous

Trust the process. Blue collar guy. Buffalo kinda of fella. One of 11.

The cliche "trust the process" fully applies. So no, I won't atopy with the cliches. Trust that CRAZY process and Zay will be fine! Haters gonna hate.

er, won't stop, not atopy!

you forgot lunch pail...Come on. You're better than this!

Ha! I am really not, I get it with cliches (how many rings does he have" being me least liked), but I really believe with Zay you have to trust what McDermott sees and is doing with him. I really believe the targets mean he is getting separation, and he would probably have more targets but for his drops. Especially with my dawg TT who, for all the TT love I have (considerable), still does not throw wideouts open very often. I really believe one never forgets how to catch and Zay is pressing. So on this one I just trust the process. Hey, I am a lunch pail guy, it is what I do!

I'm not saying Peterman should start, but Zay caught well in preseason when he was throwing to him.

What the hell happened? I think some of the issue has been a timing thing.

I find it strange too, on his college tape he had glue on his hands, the guy caught everything. In pre season with Peterman he looked solid and now with Taylor he is dropping passes. Taylor just reminds me of a slightly better version of Colin Kaepernick, strong arm good mobile but no field vision or touch on his throws.

I just keep thinking back to that incredible catch he had in that preseason gamex pass too high from Tyrod (as usual) and too far out of bounds (as usual) but the kid snagged it, got pummelled, landed on his face and still hung on.

He will come around but man Zay itsa good thing you landed in Buffalo cuz most NFL fans around the country are nasty to their own players if they lapse

I find it strange too, on his college tape he had glue on his hands, the guy caught everything. In pre season with Peterman he looked solid and now with Taylor he is dropping passes. Taylor just reminds me of a slightly better version of Colin Kaepernick, strong arm good mobile but no field vision or touch on his throws.

right

I'm not saying Peterman should start, but Zay caught well in preseason when he was throwing to him.

What the hell happened? I think some of the issue has been a timing thing.

Different game speed and better competition. Preseason don't mean jack. I cant believe people have not learned this yet.

Everyone else on the team catches passes. If Mathews, Clay, Shady, O'Leary, Holmes, even the new guy that had more catches than practices had the same problem then your point might be valid. Its one guy. One receiver that cant catch a ball. The answer should be obvious to anyone who doesn't hate Taylor no matter what.

Different game speed and better competition. Preseason don't mean jack. I cant believe people have not learned this yet.

Preseason means little. When it comes to an individual skill like catching, however, players are usually consistent.

It's odd to see such a discrepency like we've seen with Zay's catching ability.

Taylor can't throw him a good pass

Thanks for saying this, because it's so true! Zay and TT don't seem to be on the same page. Sure, Zay hasn't helped himself and has dropped a few he should of caught, but it seems just about every time TT throws him the ball it's over his head, behind him, etc. Would love to see them get him involved early in the game with a few simple plays, just to get him into the game and some confidence. Maybe a screen or something?

• 4 months later...