Drought will end: Taylor is here to stay.......for now

Mikie2times

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering our 2 #1's next year will not be in the top 15 we would have to trade away way to much to move up. I say use the picks we have to build a team and kick that can down the road.

I don't think we can afford to keep kicking the can. I'm not a Tyrod hater but realistically we're going to have to upgrade the QB position (or try to) at some point. I don't see an issue with a top round QB sitting on our bench.

Im good with Tyrod for now IF hes going to run. The way he played Sunday, is how he needs to play. Forget trying to make him a drop back passer. Let him do what he does. If Tyrod is going to use his legs, Im good. If hes going to try and stay in the pocket and drop back...Im not

+1....this is truth. Tyrod needs to be who he is, despite the fact that I do NOT believe him to be a quality NFL QB, he has to stay true to who he is, because what little he can do - is done by his athleticism. So, no matter what I still want the Bills to Draft a QB in 1st or 2nd round and make him the future QB for the Bills, but for this year, unless he falls apart I can understand staying with Tyrod. Not that I don't think Peterman can be a good QB - but keeping Tyrod for the rest of the year at this point - barring the wheels coming off - is understandable and probably helps the team the most.

Considering our 2 #1's next year will not be in the top 15 we would have to trade away way to much to move up. I say use the picks we have to build a team and kick that can down the road.

It quite possibly could take both those ones AND a future high pick to get into the QB territory

Even though I am a TT fan....I would consider this because we have a lot of other high picks in the draft to pick up other need spots

Just a reminder

There will be close a lot of teams looking for a QB besides Buffalo.

Browns, Giants, Chargers, Jets, SF, AZ, Houston, Steelers.

Possible teams also looking Saints (Drew aint gettany younger), Ravens, Skins if Kirk moves on.

A top QB in the draft wont come cheap.

Houston? They have Deshaun Watson though.

But ya I get your overall point, there will be a lot of teams that will be looking for a QB next off season

Houston? They have Deshaun Watson though.

But ya I get your overall point, there will be a lot of teams that will be looking for a QB next off season

....despite the FINAL collegiate QB market availability being a LONG way off, may want to evaluate who has similar "6 picks in the first 3 rounds" as Buffalo's draft capital.....would be interesting...........

It wasn't pure luck that he did it.

However, to expect that same play to happen again the next game and on and on is foolishness.

The point is that sustaining anything that requires over 50% luck is impossible on a long-term (beyond a few games) basis.

Charles Tillman 100% disagrees.

for those keeping a close eye on the QB prospects. who is really standing out where you would say, we have to have that guy? I also agree with those about how many teams will be looking hard to snag one in the first round? could there be a diamond in the rough in later rounds? or will 2019 be the year?

so many questions with answers that remain to be seen.

it's really too early to tell, me thinks.

Im good with Tyrod for now IF hes going to run. The way he played Sunday, is how he needs to play. Forget trying to make him a drop back passer. Let him do what he does. If Tyrod is going to use his legs, Im good. If hes going to try and stay in the pocket and drop back...Im not

I liked what Tyrod did on Sunday ... he was looking to pass first, but he didn't look a gift horse in the mouth when TB game him one. I don't think the Bills are ever going to be a team under the current regime where the QB regularly puts up 300 passing yards simply because they aren't likely to throw a lot of passes and they aren't built to stretch the field no matter who their QB is. The fools who use that as a measuring stick need to face reality.

To the OP, I think that Tyrod is probably the best the Bills will be able to do at QB for a couple of years at least. Even if they draft a QB in the first round in 2018 -- which I will be surprised if they don't -- it's highly unlikely that he'll be a better QB as a rookie than Taylor is now -- and, as we've seen with Losman and Manuel, he just might be another first round bust.

Moreover, I think the chances of the Bills finding an elite QB -- an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or Drew Brees -- in the draft are between slim and none. First, they're rare. Most likely, even if the Bills found a keeper QB, he'd be more like a Flacco,Dalton, Tannehill, Cousins, Rivers than Rodgers, Brady or Brees. Second, the kind of football being played by most colleges today make finding good pro QBs even harder than it used to be ... and it wasn't all that easy given that almost 50% of first round QBs were disappointments or flat out busts.

There was a discussion this morning on Good Morning Football (us retirees can get to watch all the good stuff on daytime tv) about should Washington pay Kirk Cousins or should they take a chance on drafting a QB. The consensus was that a good proven QB on your roster tops an unknown quantity ... especially as some of the collegiate QBs projected to go high in the draft have fallen flat on their faces ... which is what happens just about every year.

... There was a discussion this morning on Good Morning Football (us retirees can get to watch all the good stuff on daytime tv) about should Washington pay Kirk Cousins or should they take a chance on drafting a QB. The consensus was that a good proven QB on your roster tops an unknown quantity ... especially as some of the collegiate QBs projected to go high in the draft have fallen flat on their faces ... which is what happens just about every year.

yeah... what is year 3 under the franchise tag for QB's? something like 44mm?

Edited by Foxx