Week 8: Raiders' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they just beat a team many think is the best in the AFC, and they have extra days to rest and prepare. This will be another nail biter.

Off of two penalties to extend the game. I'm not gonna say that they weren't the right call but they could have also easily lost.

Edited by The Wiz

Week 8 early odds: Wilson's streak on line

Raiders (3-4) at Bills (4-2)

Opening line: Bills, -3 points
Believe it or not, the Bills have been the NFL's best team at covering the spread this year. Through seven weeks, the Bills are 4-1-1 ATS, and they've been even better at home, going 2-0-1 ATS and 3-0 straight-up. If there's one team that might not be fazed by the Bills' home record, it's the Raiders. Since the beginning of the 2015 season, the Raiders are 10-4 ATS as road underdog (8-6 straight-up), which is the best ATS mark of any team in the NFL over that span. These two teams played last season in Oakland with the Raiders covering as a 3-point favorite in a 38-24 win. Of course, that game was in Oakland, but this game will be in Buffalo, where the Raiders haven't won since 2002. The Raiders will likely also be going into this game without Marshawn Lynch, who will be serving a one-game suspension unless he wins his appeal.

Oh this sucks. Well it will be flag after flag to look forward to. I think his crew is one of them that throws the most flags per game. Can't stand it when he and his crew are officiating.

Week 8 early odds: Wilson's streak on line

Raiders (3-4) at Bills (4-2)

Opening line: Bills, -3 points
Believe it or not, the Bills have been the NFL's best team at covering the spread this year. Through seven weeks, the Bills are 4-1-1 ATS, and they've been even better at home, going 2-0-1 ATS and 3-0 straight-up. If there's one team that might not be fazed by the Bills' home record, it's the Raiders. Since the beginning of the 2015 season, the Raiders are 10-4 ATS as road underdog (8-6 straight-up), which is the best ATS mark of any team in the NFL over that span. These two teams played last season in Oakland with the Raiders covering as a 3-point favorite in a 38-24 win. Of course, that game was in Oakland, but this game will be in Buffalo, where the Raiders haven't won since 2002. The Raiders will likely also be going into this game without Marshawn Lynch, who will be serving a one-game suspension unless he wins his appeal.

any word on how the appeal went? i thought there was to be a decision today.

also, not to look past this game but... we have a short week next week, on the road against a Jets team that has been playing very well. it will be interesting to see how they fare against the Falcons at home this weekend.

any word on how the appeal went? i thought there was to be a decision today.

also, not to look past this game but... we have a short week next week, on the road against a Jets team that has been playing very well. it will be interesting to see how they fare against the Falcons at home this weekend.

Suspension upheld.

ESPN: Evaluating pretenders-turned-contenders: Can these 7 teams hang on?
Can Blake Bortles keep the Jaguars pointed toward the playoffs? Are the Rams legit? Will the Bills end their postseason drought? We take a look.

BUFFALO BILLS

Record: 4-2

FPI chance to make playoffs: 38.7 percent

The Bills have finished the past three seasons with records of 9-7, 8-8 and 7-9, extending their postseason drought to 17 seasons. In each year, leaders in the locker room felt the team was a few plays away from being a playoff team. One of the best examples came last December when then-coach Rex Ryan was left shaking his head after a game in Oakland in which the Bills blew a 15-point third-quarter lead. Ryan’s only explanation was the Raiders’ scoring “snowballed” and his players could not close out the win. That loss was one of the final straws for owners Terry and Kim Pegula, who fired Ryan three weeks later and replaced him with Sean McDermott, whose task was to instill more mental toughness in his players. It has worked so far. The Bills surrendered an 11-point lead Sunday to the Buccaneers, but made two key plays -- a 44-yard completion to Deonte Thompson and a forced fumble of Tampa receiver Adam Humphries -- to regain control of the game late in the fourth quarter. In a season in which 20 of 32 teams have three or four wins after Week 7, those sorts of plays will separate the Bills from the pack and put them in the playoffs. -- Mike Rodak

ESPN: Raiders O.C. Todd Downing an 'Unsung Hero' for ESPN
After a rough start to the season for the Raiders offense, offensive coordinator Todd Dowling turned to Amari Cooper and found success.

I don't like that it is supposed to be wet. Back when I played (granted, fire was discovered my sophomore year), the conventional wisdom was wet track favored the passing game because the receivers know where they are going and DBs plant and react. Serious question: Has this view changed by the people that play the game at high levels these days?

If no, I don't like our guys trying to track Cooper and Crabtree out of their breaks on a wet field. Plus Hochuli. Yuk as to two factors we can't control. Would not put it past our current group to overcome them though. We take few penalties these days.