Best Overall Game for the Bills, Despite Mistakes

Kaenon

Most complete, entertaining game under Coach McDermott.

Best game I've seen from Tyrod in a while.

Next man up working: Thompson, Davis, Milano, O'Leary, Taiwan Jones, etc.

Team overcame two blown coverages for TDs, missed FG and a rare Shady fumble to persevere, and get the TD and turnover, leaving it to our kicker to get us the game.

Tyrod going from 2-16 to 3-16 when being down by 4+ points is a positive - as we can't play every game while leading.

Zay Jones hung onto his receptions, Tyrod still trusts him based on targets.

I saw some bad things this game, but also some real positives.

I'm still not sure if we are a contender or a pretender, but it's been an entertaining ride this far.

Only from an offensive perspective.

The defense was very bad today.

Tampa drove down the field with little resistance on almost every drive. Very little pass rush. Guys running wide open in the secondary. Missed tackles. The only thing they did well was create turnovers.

I would like to believe this was just an abnormally bad game. But the defensive play has been gradually getting worse every week for the last 5 games. I'm afraid opponents have found our weaknesses and maybe we aren't the elite unit we thought.

Team overcame two blown coverages for TDs, missed FG and a rare Shady fumble to persevere, and get the TD and turnover, leaving it to our kicker to get us the game.

Tyrod going from 2-16 to 3-16 when being down by 4+ points is a positive - as we can't play every game while leading.

I'm still not sure if we are a contender or a pretender, but it's been an entertaining ride this far.

This team is mentally tough...they are not phased by things and just like a bulldog...put their heads down and keep working hard...you can't help but love a team like that...

Tampa drove down the field with little resistance on almost every drive. Very little pass rush. Guys running wide open in the secondary. Missed tackles. The only thing they did well was create turnovers.

I would like to believe this was just an abnormally bad game. But the defensive play has been gradually getting worse every week for the last 5 games. I'm afraid opponents have found our weaknesses and maybe we aren't the elite unit we thought.

None of that matters...all that matters is to find a way to win every week...it might not always be the same way...this is exactly how the Dolphins made the playoffs last year and how they are 4-2 again this year despite being terrible for most of the season...they just find a way to win somehow, someway.

Edited by matter2003

Sorry but this is a really poor take. I don't disagree that the D wasn't at its best today, but it shouldnt have been a game given the two turnovers they forced if the offense scored. Second they are the reason we beat Atlanta and in Cincy again gave the offense multiple chances to take the game. If your honestly gonna blast the D for Cincy when they gave the offense multiple chances and White had a learning game against a Top NFL WR idk what to tell you other then stop watching Edited by corta765

Complete offensive* game. Defense made some clutch plays but giving up way too many chunk plays and struggling with stopping passing attack.

If it's either turnover or we are getting scored on, I don't like those odds for 16 weeks.

we couldn't get any pressure on QB at all ,

I don't agree it was the best overall game but certainly the offense stepped up when they needed too.

And If the offense can pick it up we'll have a real shot at the playoffs. But I think at this point it's clear the defense isn't going to hold up which I maintained all along despite the smoke and mirrors early in the season. Injuries also starting to pick up again with Poyer the latest victim.

The offense scored 30 points and had 434 yards.

And easily should have had 36 at least.

I'm generally not a "If only this happened" kinda fan, but Hauschka uncharacteristically missed a chip shot field goal, and the last play to end the first half was mind-numbingly stupid.

It's difficult to watch what I consider to be an otherwise disciplined team do something even I know you shouldn't do. Throw to the endzone or throw it away. Another easy three points thrown out the window.

Most entertaining i would agree.

But certainly not there best.

I thought they were very sloppy and didn't play too well.

In saying that, they found a way to win when it wasn't there best game and that is a great sign. Offence and defence made plays in the clutch to close out the game

I'm generally not a "If only this happened" kinda fan, but Hauschka uncharacteristically missed a chip shot field goal, and the last play to end the first half was mind-numbingly stupid.

It's difficult to watch what I consider to be an otherwise disciplined team do something even I know you shouldn't do. Throw to the endzone or throw it away. Another easy three points thrown out the window.

If McDermott was being honest, and it seems as though he was, that is scary. He thought we could actually run a full play, get tackled in bounds, and still have time to line up and spike it in 12 seconds. That's crazy.

Not to mention that the three yard out pattern gives you zero even if you catch it and run OB.

We cant overcome Gaines going down. We dont have any kind of depth behind him. Thats been the problem the past 2 games IMO.

Yes. If we don't get that fumble and lose by three we'd be talking about that play for weeks. Lack of situational awareness by all parties involved (HC, OC, QB).

Agreed.

This team is special.

Going 4-2 to this point in the season, and being able to out score Tampa Bay, all while having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of the 2018 draft is fantastic.

Finally, after so many seasons where the Bills appeared clueless, this team finally has achieved "organizational competence" and appears headed for good things in this season and in seasons to come.

Go Bills!

Not worthy of a new thread, but I am curious how many penalties we are averaging per game as compared to the two years previously. That alone is a huge advantage.

So far 6.33 accepted penalties against us per game (7th in NFL). We had 7 per game last year (24th in NFL) and 8.94 per game in 2015 (31st in NFL). Down a little bit from last year and really down from 2015. I've always got a kick out of people freaking out in the preseason about how many penalties we're committing.

Well at least Tyrod showed s that he's capable of making a comeback , and that's IMO is huge

The OL came to play today. Mistake free football.

Some poor decisions by Tyrod and team. He could have run for the 1st down before half time instead of throwing a difficult pass. They left 6 points on the table before half time.

The DL played average. Not much of a pass rush.