This type of stuff needs to end - Fan on fire

http://dailysnark.com/bills-fan-catches-fire-jumping-table-covered-flames/

Bills Fan Catches Himself On Fire After Jumping On Table Covered In Flames

Its not cute and its not funny. End it before someone gets seriously hurt.

No way, man. My wife's livelihood as a health care provider depends on stupid people making bad decisions.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then they shouldn't jump on a fire

haha..i agree. I just want fellow fans and friends to maybe intervene with stuff like this. If you're in a group that thinks its a good idea to have someone jump into a fire pit, maybe someone should intervene. It's all i'm really saying here.

haha..i agree. I just want fellow fans and friends to maybe intervene with stuff like this. If you're in a group that thinks its a good idea to have someone jump into a fire pit, maybe someone should intervene. It's all i'm really saying here.

More of the pussification of the country. Whatever happened to fighting fire with fire?!

I dine on your elitist tears.

I dare any psychiatric professional here to tell us that this aberrant behavior, especially as an outlet of fantasy, is 1. a real danger and 2. is inferior to the alternative outlets.

People: You want to blame somebody for this? Blame Deadspin. They are the #1 identifier of Bills fans as the "other". What they don't realize is, just like with fans of all stripe, from Greatful Dead to Metallica: being labeled as an "other" is what ALL fans want the most.

Hell, learn your Metallica "You label me, I label you, so I dub the unforgiven." There's a reason Metallica's message has reached a hell of a lot more people than the OP's. Introspect on that for 5 minutes...and much of the world as it is today will at least become clearer to you, if not correct.

I think a better Metallica reference in this situation would be

The monk starting himself on fire was a major element of the Vietnam War. If you don't learn from history...

See, the trouble is: you won't light yourself on fire. Oh sure, you'll point to the act as a "historical" :lol: turning point(Not even close. It was a mass media turning point, but definitively not a historical one.), but you'd never consider it personally.

Why? Well, of course, you clearly have too much to say to the rest of us still. Right? We all remain in need your enlightenment, don't we?

Does anyone know where this stuff actually goes down? I've been tailgating all over the place for years and have never personally witnessed this kind of a$$holery. I feel like it's one niche lot somewhere populated by a bunch of 20-something attention whores.

Anybody got a fork, to stick in him?

Maybe he has one of those red pop up buttons? That's how you know when he's done. I'm not sure what kind of basting is needed....but it looks like he had a good beer bath at the end.

http://dailysnark.com/bills-fan-catches-fire-jumping-table-covered-flames/

Bills Fan Catches Himself On Fire After Jumping On Table Covered In Flames

Its not cute and its not funny. End it before someone gets seriously hurt.

Attention young people...........stop having fun at Bills game so old fux who have forgotten how to have it don't get upset! :lol:

Anyone got video of Hammer getting K'DTFO by a dissatisfied customer after the game?

I was watching it unfold as we drove out of our lot but we had to get back cuz the ladies in the group didn't want to miss The Walking Dead.

I got a text that he got laid out and the MF did a "Chris Tucker on him".....whatever that is.

He needs to get some better security. :thumbsup:

This thread reminds me of a book I read a while ago.

How to successfully handle agressive and controlling people

And another classic.

Crotchety old men like to complain

Imo

Edited by Leroi

Attention young people...........stop having fun at Bills game so old fux who have forgotten how to have it don't get upset! :lol:

Anyone got video of Hammer getting K'DTFO by a dissatisfied customer after the game?

I was watching it unfold as we drove out of our lot but we had to get back cuz the ladies in the group didn't want to miss The Walking Dead.

I got a text that he got laid out and the MF did a "Chris Tucker on him".....whatever that is.

HAHAH..

I guess I am getting old. :cry::cry:

HAHAH..

I guess I am getting old. :cry::cry:

Do you yell at people who stand up in front of you? It's OK, anything to raise the decibel level, and if you forgot your hearing aides, you're probably making more noise than you think! :)

That was pretty funny. The table was barley on fire, perhaps he wanted to destroy his Watkins Jersey, and he remembered how to "stop, drop and roll" from elementary school. Plus, another bystander donated beer to put out the remaining flames. All in all, it was actually a demonstration of the benefits of stop, drop, and roll in action.

Do you yell at people who stand up in front of you? It's OK, anything to raise the decibel level, and if you forgot your hearing aides, you're probably making more noise than you think! :)

HAHAHA

No, my knees are still OK; I can stand.

Tombstoning my wife through a plastic table is where I draw the line.

Jokes aside, the escalating reputation of our lots being absolute mayhem is likely to culminate with a lot of y'all losing your ability to tailgate responsibly.

It's feeling like it's tilting closer and closer to hitting that point

Tailgate and responsible should never be used in the same sentence...

Imo

Jokes aside, the escalating reputation of our lots being absolute mayhem is likely to culminate with a lot of y'all losing your ability to tailgate responsibly.

This is part of my gripe; obviously I don't want anyone getting seriously injured, but I also don't want some jackass ruining it for everyone else who abstains from death defying wrestling moves on Sundays and just wants to do the old man traditional tailgate. :)

Seriously, I have said this for years, tailgating as we know it now will become a thing of the past, with stuff like this happening, it will probably take one idiot dying doing something like this and they won't allow the current tailgates to go on. Soon you will see what alot of teams are doing and it will be going to some team run or company sponsored "tailgate zones" where you will have to go in and buy their food and alcohol, drink responisibly in that area, then go into the game. They aren't going to allow just anyoe to set up in the parking lots and drink.

Again, in all seriousness, it could be one factor in losing what some of us cherish so much. If it becomes too much of a stain on the "Bills experience", it's one more reason to justify cleaning it up with a new home.

I have a buddy who's got tix for the Bills and Sabres. The wife won't go to Bills games. I'm sure she's not alone. My wife wouldn't be a regular, I promise you that. I wonder what % of people at a Bills game are male? I wonder what the % is league wide?

Seriously, I have said this for years, tailgating as we know it now will become a thing of the past, with stuff like this happening, it will probably take one idiot dying doing something like this and they won't allow the current tailgates to go on. Soon you will see what alot of teams are doing and it will be going to some team run or company sponsored "tailgate zones" where you will have to go in and buy their food and alcohol, drink responisibly in that area, then go into the game. They aren't going to allow just anyoe to set up in the parking lots and drink.

I agree. That's why I'm advocating for fellow fans to clean this up. Tailgating is tailgating and stupid things shall be done; but jumping into fire pits and pile driving your girlfriend through a table is a little much. They're going to keep trying to one-up each other.

Honestly.......no.

It is so much tamer at the lots......going into the stadium and out.........and in the stadium....... than even just a few seasons ago that it's pretty startling.

People joining us that haven't been in years are taken aback by the friendlier environment.

We've discussed the reasons why........no definitive answer........but yoga pants seem to get the most blame.

Speaking of behavior though.........the security outside of the stadium was HEIGHTENED today........apparently per my HLS friend there is unusual concern for the next two weeks........

And this week is a RAAAAAAAAIDUHS week.........so it could be a bit more hostile.

Honestly.......no.

It is so much tamer at the lots......going into the stadium and out.........and in the stadium....... than even just a few seasons ago that it's pretty startling.

People joining us that haven't been in years are taken aback by the friendlier environment.

We've discussed the reasons why........no definitive answer........but yoga pants seem to get the most blame.

Speaking of behavior though.........the security outside of the stadium was HEIGHTENED today........apparently per my HLS friend there is unusual concern for the next two weeks........

And this week is a RAAAAAAAAIDUHS week.........so it could be a bit more hostile.

Why the unusual concern?

Im a big fan of having a wide latitude with certain spaces and like having tailgates being a spot that you can bend the letter of the law but that comes with a responsibility to self police the scene a bit because eventually the reputation becomes a huge liability for the team, the police force, etc.... and like you mention it becomes easy to justify a sanitized and profitable knock off of the experience that most of us love. Hopefully we don't have one of these guys break their necks for their own sake. Hopefully the most extreme ones get reigned in a little for all of our sakes.

Wait what?

Why the unusual concern?

He couldn't elaborate and I didn't really want to know...........but when we walk up to the stadium with 7 minutes gone in the first half we usually walk right thru...........and the lines were 75 people deep and the stadium looked half empty.

Asked one of the sheriffs in camouflage with his assault weapon why the increased presence and he said it was nothing new......but it WAS new and the HLS guy we were with confirmed it post game.

Next week too..........so get in early if you don't want to miss kickoff.

He couldn't elaborate and I didn't really want to know...........but when we walk up to the stadium with 7 minutes gone in the first half we usually walk right thru...........and the lines were 75 people deep and the stadium looked half empty.

Asked one of the sheriffs in camouflage with his assault weapon why the increased presence and he said it was nothing new......but it WAS new and the HLS guy we were with confirmed it post game.

Next week too..........so get in early if you don't want to miss kickoff.

Thanks man.

I could see next week perhaps b/c of Raiders fans too.