Martavis Bryant wants out

QB Bills

I'm not sure that the Bills would want him. He would certainly be a talent upgrade but he has all kinds of issues and it doesnt sound like he has matured.

Well this coaching staff did say that they're building for the future, AND also are trying to win NOW ,

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this coaching staff did say that they're building for the future, AND also are trying to win NOW ,

of course they are trying to win games this year. But I think it's been crystal clear that they won't sacrifice their long term vision for perceived short term gains. They are doing everything they can to win this year without undermining the process and culture they are trying to build toward. It's not an easy task. Edited by YoloinOhio

Here's the question , if it cost us a 5th or 6 th round pick to get him for the remaining 10 games of the reg season ( is it worth it ? )

We all know about the long term , but what about now This year ? Were 4-2 and with a win next week be tie for the division lead ,

If we go 6-4 the rest of the way we could finally achieve something that we weren't able to in the past 17 years,

of course they are trying to win games this year. But I think it's been crystal clear that they won't sacrifice their long term vision for perceived short term gains. They are doing everything they can to win this year without undermining the process and culture they are trying to build toward. It's not an easy task.

I'll say it again..........everyone has a process until they get punched in the mouth. (Which reminds me, I am told Hammer may be changing some of his process this weekend)

Sometimes players get a bad rap...........I really don't know about Bryant..........but Tomlin and McD are buds from "The William and Mary school of Clock Management and Trucking" perhaps they could discuss it if there is some interest.

Wel his time in Pittsburgh is done

Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette)

10/23/17, 12:25 PM

Martavis Bryant did not show up for required steelers meetings monday. "Called in sick" one teammate said

Not good. (1) coach McD will hate that he did this; (2) Tomlin can just sit him on the bench the rest of the season.

I love his talent. Doubt Buffalo brings him in...even if released and they're somehow able to grab him through waivers. Doesn't seem like a McD/Beane type player. I'm thinking that Pittsburgh holds his feel to the fire here. Fine him for missed practices, and make him a healthy scratch on Sundays. Make a statement to team that this is not the right way to go about expressing your displeasure. They're not getting much in return in a trade anyway.

of course they are trying to win games this year. But I think it's been crystal clear that they won't sacrifice their long term vision for perceived short term gains. They are doing everything they can to win this year without undermining the process and culture they are trying to build toward. It's not an easy task.

I respect the process and what the coaches and GM are trying to build here long term , I know that ME personally and many of us on this board did not expect this team to have any success this season ( maybe not even the HC / GM ) but were here now @ 4-2 ,

and could be 5-1 if not for some key injuries ( WR / TE ) , My point is this , are we really risking anything by using a low pick on bringing in a player that could potentially help this team to get in to the playoffs? Even if it doesn't work out !! But at least will know we trying to do everything we can to win this year ( without really compromising what we are trying to build here long term )

I maybe wrong but that's how I look at it , it would be disappointing to miss the playoffs by losing another game like we did against the Bengals or the Panthers

I love his talent. Doubt Buffalo brings him in...even if released and they're somehow able to grab him through waivers. Doesn't seem like a McD/Beane type player. I'm thinking that Pittsburgh holds his feel to the fire here. Fine him for missed practices, and make him a healthy scratch on Sundays. Make a statement to team that this is not the right way to go about expressing your displeasure. They're not getting much in return in a trade anyway.

If you remember these are some of the same antics Santonio Holmes did there before getting shipped out. Rooneys tend not play

I respect the process and what the coaches and GM are trying to build here long term , I know that ME personally and many of us on this board did not expect this team to have any success this season ( maybe not even the HC / GM ) but were here now @ 4-2 ,

and could be 5-1 if not for some key injuries ( WR / TE ) , My point is this , are we really risking anything by using a low pick on bringing in a player that could potentially help this team to get in to the playoffs? Even if it doesn't work out !! But at least will know we trying to do everything we can to win this year ( without really compromising what we are trying to build here long term )

I maybe wrong but that's how I look at it , it would be disappointing to miss the playoffs by losing another game like we did against the Bengals or the Panthers

If you look at the post-game video of Kyle Williams in the locker-room, you will know there is NO WAY IN HELL this guy ever steps foot in Buffalo.

i actually think it is fairly large price to pay in the big picture. He's clearly not the type of player they want on the team and they've been open about who they feel is part of their process. Bringing him in would deviate from their process for potential - not even guaranteed - short term gains. It would show the process as a fraud to the rest of the team that is here and that it really doesn't matter what you do, actually - if we think you have some talent we don't care. This regime is building a team and culture for the long term. This type of move completely undermines their process.

Whether or not you agree with their process is separate. The process is here and he isn't a part of it.

You could say that but just look at Thompson... guy was arrested twice and we signed him. Just shows that if he can help us win then they are willing to bring players in that are not ideal character wise.

You could say that but just look at Thompson... guy was arrested twice and we signed him. Just shows that if he can help us win then they are willing to bring players in that are not ideal character wise.

it isn't so much about arrests or even Bryant's suspensions. It's about his focus on individual production, criticizing his teammates publically, lashing out on social media about his lack of involvement (after wins nonetheless), etc. Not a McD type player. Edited by YoloinOhio

If you look at the post-game video of Kyle Williams in the locker-room, you will know there is NO WAY IN HELL this guy ever steps foot in Buffalo.

And maybe rightfully so , maybe he's baggage outweighs the positive that he would have on the field , and maybe he's not the guy , but the FACT is we still need another WR / weapon on offense to get our running going , we need some speed on the outside, we can't have 8/9 man in the box and expect to have any success in running the ball ,,

many of us here were saying the same thing about Richie Incognito , and sometimes you have to compromise when building anything especially a football team , are we to believe that we're going to find 53 great football players that are all outstanding character guys ?

At the end of the day it's all about the W ,

I'll say it again..........everyone has a process until they get punched in the mouth. (Which reminds me, I am told Hammer may be changing some of his process this weekend)

Sometimes players get a bad rap...........I really don't know about Bryant..........but Tomlin and McD are buds from "The William and Mary school of Clock Management and Trucking" perhaps they could discuss it if there is some interest.

Can you just tell the Hammer story already?