Martavis Bryant wants out

QB Bills

many of us here were saying the same thing about Richie Incognito , and sometimes you have to compromise when building anything especially a football team , are we to believe that we're going to find 53 great football players that are all outstanding character guys ?

At the end of the day it's all about the W ,

McD would never have brought in Richie.

For every Richie Incognito story, there are a hundred Percy Harvins.

That is analytics.

Edited by BeginnersMind

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many of us here were saying the same thing about Richie Incognito , and sometimes you have to compromise when building anything especially a football team , are we to believe that we're going to find 53 great football players that are all outstanding character guys ?

At the end of the day it's all about the W ,

again - and I think you are missing the point - it's more about football character than if they guy had gotten in trouble off the field. Dion Dawkins got arrested in college and they not only drafted him they traded up. I don't know if this regime would have signed incognito. Probably not with how he acted in Miami. But he currently fits their process with how he is today.

again - and I think you are missing the point - it's more about football character than if they guy had gotten in trouble off the field. Dion Dawkins got arrested in college and they not only drafted him they traded up. I don't know if this regime would have signed incognito. Probably not with how he acted in Miami. But he currently fits their process with how he is today.

Ok !! In your opinion can we still win or challenge for the division / wildcard with what we currently have on a roaster?

The one thing we could all agree on is the reason we're even having this conversation is because we believe we have a good chance at making the playoffs, right ? cause if we were 2-4 we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Ok !! In your opinion can we still win or challenge for the division / wildcard with what we currently have on a roaster?

The one thing we could all agree on is the reason we're even having this conversation is because we believe we have a good chance at making the playoffs, right ? cause if we were 2-4 we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Yolo has it nailed. McD is all about the team mentality and having guys out there that love to play football. Insert cliches here...

They view it as the gain in talent will be negated by the negative impact of having a me first guy on the field. They want selfless individuals playing as a team. That's why Sammy and Gilmore had no place in Buffalo. I still find it amusing that folks say it's because he didn't want to pay those positions.

He ditched Gilmore then used his 1st round pick on White. That shows you how he values the position but more so how he values the make up of the man not the 40 time.

i have no idea if the Bills can make the playoffs this season with their current roster. Landscape changing week to week. I'm not even saying I agree with the process. I just don't think they will sacrifice the long term to bring in a guy like martavis Bryant. There is no guarantee he is the missing piece, and you undermine everything you have preached since January.

@rapsheet

#Steelers WR Martavis Bryant was told by team brass to expect to be inactive Sunday. Ramon Foster told @JFowlerESPN Bryant was on scout team

The Bills post Donahoe would have granted his wish.........gotten a 6th or 7th round pick.........and in the process inadvertently hatched a bunch of new escape plots in their locker room.

Bryant was incredibly dumb for taking his demands public with no leverage..........very unlikely to fly with a strong willed organization like Pittsburgh.

Here we go!

love it actually

The Bills post Donahoe would have granted his wish.........gotten a 6th or 7th round pick.........and in the process inadvertently hatched a bunch of new escape plots in their locker room.

Bryant was incredibly dumb for taking his demands public with no leverage..........very unlikely to fly with a strong willed organization like Pittsburgh.

this

@NFL

1 potential trade deadline deal. For ALL 16 teams in the AFC: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000867553/article/nfl-trade-deadline-one-move-for-each-afc-team

Buffalo Bills: Buy Martavis Bryant

Jeremy Bergman: Despite what Mike Tomlin says, Bryant's exodus from Pittsburgh seems near. Phased out of the Steelers' game plan, the embattled wideout has floated a desire to be traded. Buffalo, two games above .500 and without a legitimate X option aside from Jordan Matthews, is a perfect fit. The Bills have been fine sans Sammy Watkins, but to snap their playoff drought, they'll need to find someone other than Bearscastoff Deonte Thompson to catch six balls a game.

Potential cost: 2018 third-round pick.

@NFL

1 potential trade deadline deal. For ALL 16 teams in the AFC: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000867553/article/nfl-trade-deadline-one-move-for-each-afc-team

Jeremy Bergman: Despite what Mike Tomlin says, Bryant's exodus from Pittsburgh seems near. Phased out of the Steelers' game plan, the embattled wideout has floated a desire to be traded. Buffalo, two games above .500 and without a legitimate X option aside from Jordan Matthews, is a perfect fit. The Bills have been fine sans Sammy Watkins, but to snap their playoff drought, they'll need to find someone other than Bearscastoff Deonte Thompson to catch six balls a game.

Not sure how McD can credibly preach team-first, 1/11th philisophy and then bring Bryant in. He's the epitome of selfish.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

@NFL

No way we are giving up a 3rd round pick for this headcase regardless of his talent and potential.

If we spend a 3rd rounder on a WR it will certainly be somebody else.

No way we are giving up a 3rd round pick for this headcase regardless of his talent and potential.

If we spend a 3rd rounder on a WR it will certainly be somebody else.

I agree. I could see them throwing a late round pick out and seeing if it sticks. They arent giving up anything valuable for a guy with so many questions.

especially when it is changed after knowing them. Like Robey. But I did like it NRC. But don't expect me to take the time to type out -coleman. I don't even bother to capitalize or correct spelling if the phone doesn't get it. No one is worth that much extra work

At least he had a reason. Robey's dad, remarkably named Robey, turned out to be a scumbag and I forgot the circumstance but something akin to trying to go after his or the family's money when he hadn't done squat for them. So he added Coleman because it was his mom's maiden name and he wanted to pay tribute to her because she was great.

I'm no fan of hyphenated names either. Or the crazy first names for that matter. Why do that to the poor kid. I like conventional names. Like HaHa Clinton-Dix.

Oh, wait. Amazingly, his real name is HaSean Theshon Clinton-Dix. He should legally change his name to Joe Smith.

I agree. I could see them throwing a late round pick out and seeing if it sticks. They arent giving up anything valuable for a guy with so many questions.

Unless it's for a true game changing player not sure I see Beane wanting to give up anything more than a 4th to 7th round pick.

Or if we do trade Glenn/Dareus I suppose that's an option as well.

I still think that the trade deadline will come and go like it does every year without the Bills or most other teams making any deals of note.

At least he had a reason. Robey's dad, remarkably named Robey, turned out to be a scumbag and I forgot the circumstance but something akin to trying to go after his or the family's money when he hadn't done squat for them. So he added Coleman because it was his mom's maiden name and he wanted to pay tribute to her because she was great.

I'm no fan of hyphenated names either. Or the crazy first names for that matter. Why do that to the poor kid. I like conventional names. Like HaHa Clinton-Dix.

Oh, wait. Amazingly, his real name is HaSean Theshon Clinton-Dix. He should legally change his name to Joe Smith.

Joseph Smith, much more Anglo-Saxon