The All-22 reveals some pretty ugly football against Bengals

That play is 100% on Logan Thomas not knowing how to be a TE. What a horrible break down from a 12 year old.

So how come he had a step on the defender. Tyrod doesnt see it and inversely leads Thomas out of bounds after scrambling long enough to let the defender catch up?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say spare me all you want but it's exactly what the defense is doing. They are completely focusing on stopping the run because it's our only way of beating teams. They know we can't beat them passing the ball. That's because of Taylor, our lack of WR core and protection issues.....it's a collective fail.

Shady isn't the problem.

What's even worse... I swear I saw a single high on an obvious passing down and we still couldn't convert. its laughable really

TT was not the problem here - the tight end was supposed to take the route to the endzone - he wanted the TE to get deeper for the TD...similar mistake was made by rookie WR in carolina last play,,,but ya lets blame QB

This seems to be the original route. wjy would he turn up when he has a mile of room ahead of him. Like the poster said put that ball on the zero and see what you get. There is no excuse for that. so what he didnt run the route to the end zone. You telling me he and Tyrod didnt see each other. You telling me that he had no where to go before he ran an additional 5 yards and started pointing. This is a play TYROD has to make. Thomas drops it thats on him

No. Initially the tight end ran the route he was supposed to and TT held the ball longer than he was supposed to. However, once TT then moved to his right the TE should go into scramble drill mode and head to the endzone and didn't because he was lost.

Phase 1 of the play - on TT

Phase 2 of the play - on Logan Thomas.

Shouldn't have been a phase 2

I don't really see the miscommunication TBH. Everyone's seen that route before, it's a pretty standard concept: isolate TE on LB and take secondary away for 3-7 yard gain. The TE isn't required to adjust upfield if the ball gets to him on time. Taylor waving Thomas upfield after the fact doesn't impress me, I think he ran his route as drawn up and the pass simply wasn't on time.

Thats because there was no miscommunication. When the QB (No Matter who it is) waves to go the receiver KNOWS to go. You learn that in the sandlot. The first experiences of ever catching a football has its imprints all over it. Stating the TE isnt required to adjust for his QB just reminds me why some of these post are just clueless minds with clueless time. Wow..

Thats because there was no miscommunication. When the QB (No Matter who it is) waves to go the receiver KNOWS to go. You learn that in the sandlot. The first experiences of ever catching a football has its imprints all over it. Stating the TE isnt required to adjust for his QB just reminds me why some of these post are just clueless minds with clueless time. Wow..

unless the receiver is thinking throw it now you idiot I can score a TD.

Taylor is unable to read the D well enough to change the play at the LOS.

Instead, he needs to wait until the play is in progress and by using hand and arm signals, change the play.

Wonderful.

"Four inch height advantage and a four yard cushion with no one between you and the endzone. Nah, you're not open enough. Go that way and you'll be even more open."

This is awesome.

The 2nd Bills drive showed me all I want to know regarding TT's love affair in holding the ball. He sidearmed a ball low and slightly behind Tate that if in stride would've resulted in a 20+ yard gain. Later that drive after the Clay duck ball and injury, there was the late throw to Logan Thomas at the 10. If TT had any kind of field vision and wasn't so late throwing it, it wouldve been an easy 1st down near the 5 or 6. Even the announcers criticized him for holding it so long. His field vision is awful. And as we've harped for over 2 yrs now he waits way too long to pull the trigger. Still refuses to throw over the middle.

Agreed...but he has good t/o stats, no offense but good t/o stats.

From the plays I saw, it seems he does both. Sometimes he misses a guy wide open and other times he misses the window of opportunity even though he's staring right at a guy If you follow bills fanatics on Instagram, they have alot of plays posted

I know, I couldn't imagine watching him on instagram, I would lose my mind watching all the misses.

hahahahahahahahaha thats funny.

whats even funnier ... someone might believe that.

The starters get most of the reps with starters. I doubt a bench warmer is rotating in all that much. If you think bench warmers get any serious reps then you're an idiot.

Perhaps.

No doubt that once looking at the film, Tyrod will wish he had attempted the throw earlier. But that is because he now knows what the outcome ended up being by waiting. But if anyone realistically puts themselves in Tyrod's shoes it is incredibly easy to see how the QB is thinking "Dude - just adjust your angle slightly and you are wide open for a gimme touchdown." I think that is why he hesitated. He waited for the easy "gimme" touchdown that never materialized because he forgot he is playing with rookies.

A smart QB takes what the D gives them as soon as the opportunity pops. A smart QB would also know that Logan is shiny new and is going to run the designed route. As fans we should easily recognize it's 2 and 4 and the play design was drawn up exactly to get the first down.

The excuses around here are insane.

Edited by Real McCoy

You're right that nobody should ever say that Tyrod doesn't throw over the middle. He does it a lot. Short. A ton of his throws have always been over the short middle. Any argument implying that he doesn't throw to the short middle a lot is simply wrong.

At least in his first year, though, he threw about five-sixths of his deep and intermediate passes to the outside thirds, making him more predictable. I went through every single pass of his first year.

It's the deep and intermediate middle third that he didn't get to often back then overall, though more often some games than others. As your chart shows, in the Cincy game if you define intermediate as 11- 20 yards (as ESPN does, so that Transplant does too), he threw one pass there out of the four he threw to the intermediate and deep zones. Both the TD pass and the INT were in the outside third (your chart very conveniently allows that to be quantified). One out of 37 is very low for anyone. But since he only threw four passes of eleven yards or over, his percentage of those four to the middle third was reasonable.

In the Jets game you show here on the other hand, he threw there three times out of seven intermediate and deep balls, a high percentage for any QB.

Great chart by the way. Very cool.

Weird. I've hardly been here and haven't bothered engaging in Thurm and yet, you're obsessed with bringing me into the conversation.

I see you're stuck on the same ole schtick. Good for you.

So sweet, Thurm. I miss you too :wub: