RG John Miller out

BuffAlone

Can anyone please tell me how Ducasse made it to the NFL and is able to stay?

Not sure but he was absolutely horrid with the Jets which was his longest stint and there is a reason why he was one and done with the Bears, Ravens and Vikings too.

This team seems to be obsessed with players like this through the years which is yet another reason why it's been 17 years and counting since our last playoff birth.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[re-posted from the closed thread]

PFF offers the following Miller grades -

2015: 38.7 (awful by their scale)

2016: 77.8 (described as a "solid dependable player" and one of PFF's top 10 most improved 2nd year players)

2017 first 4 games: 39.1 (back to awful, the 64th highest guard rating so far this year ... and remember, there's, umm, 64 starting guards in the NFL)

So maybe it isn't just "he's a Whaley guy." Maybe it is that we literally can't get any worse?

Why did his play fall off a cliff under the new coaching staff and scheme? Are they maximizing his abilities and putting him in a position to succeed? Doesn't seem like it unless he suddenly forgot how to block.

Started one game. I can't fathom what the coaches were thinking. Hopefully he goes back to being inactive on game days or even better getting released.

I have Jets fans (they are awful people) complaining about how terrible he was 5 years ago.

Great name though. Vlad the Terrible.

Can anyone please tell me how Ducasse made it to the NFL and is able to stay?

He was a 2nd-round draft pick, sometimes if you have that kind of pedigree, you can stick around despite all odds.

I searched on his name in TSW Archive and did a quick scan of what people were saying before he was drafted:

Legendary poster Steely Dan was a fan:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/108895-wonderful-mock-draft-for-bills/?view=findpost&p=1772329

He had a Wonderlic score of 13, 3 points above CJ.

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/111488-some-wonderlic-scores-from-tsns-war-room/?do=findComment&comment=1820730

Estro had it right:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/118354-one-guy-im-glad-we-passed-on/?do=findComment&comment=1952482

I don't understand why Groy doesn't get put in that spot. Most coaches always talk about finding "the best 5 guys" for the OL. When everyone is healthy, that would be Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Groy-Dawkins.

I suspect Groy will look much like he did in 2015 if he get's in there instead of last season, just like Miller. It would be worth finding out though. Also, I don't know if Dawkins at RT is better than Mills at this point.

Last season Kouandjio looked good, Groy looked good, Miller looked good...

Edited by vincec

Has Miller in any of his games played worst than Ducasse this season?

Miller has struggled with the zone blocking but the last two games Dennison has been implementing some schemes from last year, so I don't get why he was benched.

Miller has struggled with the zone blocking but the last two games Dennison has been implementing some schemes from last year, so I don't get why he was benched.

It just does not add up. Ducasse's film from Sunday should be all the proof needed to never play him again.

Wondering what this talent evaluation game is so about. It's like McD decided to evaluate talent during a regular season game knowing they weren't going to win? I don't know. He's obviously still trying to build the best roster for the stretch run but Ducasse should have been cut before week 1.

Who starts at RG? Groy or Dawkins?

This went rather awry din't it ?

Yeah - all I can say about this to cheer myself up is that McDermott will figure out he needs to improve and address with hopefully better coaching options in the off-season. He hired who he could get year 1.

No one, I repeat NO ONE I have talked to down here in Ravens land was sad to see Castillo go. General consensus was "thank God he's gone". Ditto for Vlad.

They're fairly happy with "run game coordinator and heir apparent OC" Greg Roman down here, btw.

I believe every word.

Sean had to start somewhere. that just how it goes. I thought Frazier was going to be the weak link ! I really did.

I wish any of our local reporters would ask McDermott about this competition. Also, why doesn't Groy get a chance in this competition? Strange. McDermott must think we are stupid.

Recall Marrone O line efforts?

Best 5 Best 5 Best 5 something something crazy

How about Vlad the Impaler, because that's what he does to the offense.

put a stake in him, he's done.

i am J/k.

It just does not add up. Ducasse's film from Sunday should be all the proof needed to never play him again.

you are a thinking man 26.

There is a solid reason Bills brought him in. With that contract as well. And are still dressing him after preseason.

We just do not get it.

Otherwise, him laying Sunday was nutso over Miller or Groy. nutso I am leaning.

Sean needs to deep dive what Dennison and Castillo are doing everyday.

Maybe rolling twenties as well

Wondering what this talent evaluation game is so about. It's like McD decided to evaluate talent during a regular season game knowing they weren't going to win? I don't know. He's obviously still trying to build the best roster for the stretch run but Ducasse should have been cut before week 1.

enough guards have been picked up after Vlad that seemed more qualified to start or be serviceable BU or rotational. A Trade might have been warranted even? having the equity they do