Random Thoughts Thread

RaoulDuke79

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I have to laugh at people who ask questions easily answered by typing the question into google.  

how frieking lazy are they?

or for us with a low empathy # 

how frieking clueless are they?

A pet peeve of mine.  I coach varsity lacrosse, and I have this one parent who calls me before every game.  Actually calls me on the phone.  To ask me if I can post (on Facebook) the address of the school we are playing at.  She is sooooo annoying.  I want so badly to do one of those “let me google that for you” things, but that would be pretty rude I guess.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

A pet peeve of mine.  I coach varsity lacrosse, and I have this one parent who calls me before every game.  Actually calls me on the phone.  To ask me if I can post (on Facebook) the address of the school we are playing at.  She is sooooo annoying.  I want so badly to do one of those “let me google that for you” things, but that would be pretty rude I guess.

Post the adress of every school in a 100 mile radius on Facebook.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Rude only if you scored more than 45.   

?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 6/10/2018 at 11:04 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Two questions. One for you, and one for her.

First for her, why can't she just have you text it to her, since you obviously already have her number?

For you. Since you know she's gonna ask anyway, why don't you just be proactive and post the damn address?

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Thermostat setting? Its hot as hell here right now and my sweet bride is cold with the thermostat set at 76 (used to be 78, but i knocked it back 2 degrees). What's the normal temperature of TBD thermostats?

74 during the day and 73 at night... tropical season here. Electric bills will suck until October.

15 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Thermostat setting? Its hot as hell here right now and my sweet bride is cold with the thermostat set at 76 (used to be 78, but i knocked it back 2 degrees). What's the normal temperature of TBD thermostats?

We retired to the Palm Springs desert area this past January.  We visited here a ton in the past 35 or so years and absolutely love the heat.  But living in it could be much different than visiting it.  Well a week or so ago while the temp was in the triple digits outside I looked at our thermostat and it was 90 inside and we didn't have the AC on.  Yup, we're perfect for the desert.   But we have recently set it around 83-85 just to the cat doesn't die.  

On 5/21/2022 at 7:26 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

72°-75° in Summer.

65°-68° in Winter.

I have it programmed to use a 3° SetPoint w/the new WiFi thermostat the last 6 years.  With this thermostat, that means in sumnmer A/C will kick on 3 WARMER than desired room temp and kick off @ desired room temp.  In winter, the furnace will kick on 3° COLDER.  So, it's kicking on @ 62°-65° winter and 75°-77° summer...

[IT'S actually better mechanically/efficiency for an HVAC unit (especially A/C) to run on/off longer periods of time, rather than short cycling all the time... But modern thermostats will have time delay or a program feature to eliminate a short cycle and allow the compressor/refrigerant to "recover."]

On 5/21/2022 at 10:33 PM, T&C said:

74 during the day and 73 at night... tropical season here. Electric bills will suck until October.

68-70 in the winter

72-74 in the summer

On 5/24/2022 at 7:54 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

There is the new girl that joined my gym and wow.  Yoga pants and I can't stop thinking about her.  

It’s probably a dude. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

Wonder how many kids they will have before his mega contract is up.  

Patrick Mahomes and his wife Brittany are getting ready to welcome a second baby.They took to Twitter to make the announcement Sunday, posting a family photo with the caption "Round 2!"   In the photo, their 15-month-old daughter Sterling is holding a sign that reads "big sister duties coming soon."

The couple tied the knot in Hawaii this past March, after welcoming their first daughter in February of 2021.

🤔 was baby 2 in the oven before the March wedding? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.