Charles Clay Highest Rated TE in league

Isn't that just the grade for week 4 alone?

Looks like it. Still, I'm sure he is in top 5 so far, he is such a weapon because he's obviously a force in the pass game but is a great blocker too. Great locker room guy too , I keep hearing about our weak WR , but we have two studs in Clay/Shady in the pass game too.. About time he is being used as he should, like an elite TE

I heard a clip of Tyrod on the radio yesterday admitting that the biggest difference this year is better chemistry in the third year of playing with him, as well as simply trusting him in the one on one matchups and throwing it his way.

Interesting to hear. I always thought Clay was getting it done and they were not throwing his way for whatever reason.

I heard a clip of Tyrod on the radio yesterday admitting that the biggest difference this year is better chemistry in the third year of playing with him, as well as simply trusting him in the one on one matchups and throwing it his way.

Interesting to hear. I always thought Clay was getting it done and they were not throwing his way for whatever reason.

Nice way of saying Tyrod is short on options. The WR corps is a joke - your #1 receiver is a rookie who so far has not shown much.

How do you not love a team and a coaching staff that realizes they have a great TE on their squad and then decides to use him?

If memory serves me, and please correct me if I am wrong, in Sammy Watkins' first ever game against the Patriots he was targeted only three times...and I believe he may have caught a TD.

...it's like when they first used to use OJ as decoy...ridiculous.

So glad for this group of coaches.

About time we get our money's worth so to speak with Clay.

But now that the cat is out of the bag, obviously opposing defense will start to key in on him which means Taylor is going to have to find another viable option in the passing game and I still think that's asking a lot given the current depth chart, especially with Matthews out for at least a few games.

Personally I would love to see us look Nick O'Leary's way more because I do think he's a viable threat in the passing game and in 2 TE sets might be more open now with attention shifting Clay's way.