Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

Surely you see the irony in what you just said, since you injected yourself into the conversation by posting in this thread about that very topic. Or did you just NOT CARE so much, that you just had to tell us all that were discussing it that you had to just express your NOT CARING and had to peck away at your keyboard to tell us?

have a nice day.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My comment was tongue in cheek.

Typical, you respond with more sexual harassment.

I think most of these "sexists" are just idiots. They don't know better. Look at his comment:

"I dont know why the sporting world needs a female play-by-play person on an NFL game. And I know that sounds harsh, and I just want to know what is the reason for it. It just to me sounds unnatural for her to be calling the NFL. Now, in college, it sounds sort of unnatural as well. But I can live with college. But this is prime time, Monday Night Football. I didnt catch a lot of the game. Was she good? If she did a good job, then Im wrong."

What? You didn't watch the game and you're making that comment? I'm offended by how stupid that comment is, not by the sexism or whatever.

Edited by HappyDays

I think most of these "sexists" are just idiots. They don't know better. Look at his comment:

"I dont know why the sporting world needs a female play-by-play person on an NFL game. And I know that sounds harsh, and I just want to know what is the reason for it. It just to me sounds unnatural for her to be calling the NFL. Now, in college, it sounds sort of unnatural as well. But I can live with college. But this is prime time, Monday Night Football. I didnt catch a lot of the game. Was she good? If she did a good job, then Im wrong."

What? You didn't watch the game and you're making that comment? I'm offended by how stupid that comment is, not by the sexism or whatever.

Yea that was pretty stupid. I'm going to make a comment about someones ability to do something but did not listen/watch that persons performance.

The closest thing I can compare that to is my 3 year old saying that she doesn't like broccoli when she has never even tried it before.

um, what? That makes no sense. Did you watch the video because he wasn't "poking fun" and would he have also thought it was funny if a male reporter asked the question or would he have needed video of his running a route to take it seriously? Wow.

Yep.

How many males in the role of sports reporters ask totally stupid or leading questions that show the football acumen of a chopped squid? Do we expect all male sports reporters to have actually played football?

Because if we did, then, yeah, that's a point. But if we don't, then, maybe just judge the content of the question?

Yea that was pretty stupid. I'm going to make a comment about someones ability to do something but did not listen/watch that persons performance.

The closest thing I can compare that to is my 3 year old saying that she doesn't like broccoli when she has never even tried it before.

That's where the sexism factor comes in. If he had just said "I don't like Beth Mowins as a broadcaster" some people surely would have been outraged, and those people would have looked like the fools. But he says he doesn't think ANY woman should be a play by play announcer and admits he didn't even watch her. What kind of reaction did he expect?

That's where the sexism factor comes in. If he had just said "I don't like Beth Mowins as a broadcaster" some people surely would have been outraged, and those people would have looked like the fools. But he says he doesn't think ANY woman should be a play by play announcer and admits he didn't even watch her. What kind of reaction did he expect?

No, he still would have been fired for being sexist.

I agree with him. What is the point of this? It's not like they put her in because they thought she'd improve the broadcast; they did it for "diversity".

And she was awful. At first I didn't realize it was a woman and immediately commented on the horrible high-pitch voice of the announcer. She added nothing of value in the way of analysis or insight. This was a publicity stunt, no question.

I agree with him. What is the point of this? It's not like they put her in because they thought she'd improve the broadcast; they did it for "diversity".

And she was awful. At first I didn't realize it was a woman and immediately commented on the horrible high-pitch voice of the announcer. She added nothing of value in the way of analysis or insight. This was a publicity stunt, no question.

I cannot think of any commentating, in any sporting event, that was worst than that night.

I didn't know if it was Rachel Maddow or Scott Hamilton, but I knew whatever it was, it was horrible.

The idiot with her was just the icing on the cake.

So I'm watching women's artistic gymnastics world championship, with two male announcers calling it and doing most of the talking.

Strangely, I don't think I've ever heard it questioned why the sporting world needs a male commentator for women's gymnastics and stated to sound unnatural.

Yep. Plenty of male announcers I think are cr*p, any individual woman announcer should have as much or as little chance to be cr*p

You have no clue why they did it. None. You're projecting your feelings about the world. You're also putting them in an impossible position where if they don't hire a woman they're criticized for being sexist, and if they do they're criticized for playing politics.,If you didn't like her, that's fine. I don't like the large majority of football announcers. Tony Romo is the only one these days who contributes any kind of substance to the commentary. The rest I just mute.

She has been calling play-by-play for NCAA games since 2005. How long has Rex Ryan been doing it? Hes the one who was added for publicity - he was absolutely horrible.

She has been calling play-by-play for NCAA games since 2005. How long has Rex Ryan been doing it? Hes the one who was added for publicity - he was absolutely horrible.

Rex only ever became a football coach because of his dad's connections. Beth Mowins was a well rounded athlete at North Syracuse High School. She's been in sports broadcasting since 1991. But she was only hired because she was a woman? I doubt that.

You have no clue why they did it. None. You're projecting your feelings about the world. You're also putting them in an impossible position where if they don't hire a woman they're criticized for being sexist, and if they do they're criticized for playing politics.,If you didn't like her, that's fine. I don't like the large majority of football announcers. Tony Romo is the only one these days who contributes any kind of substance to the commentary. The rest I just mute.

Tony Romo! F*ck yes, I wish he could comment every game. Most football commentators add no value IMO and many outright detract.

Do tell......asfdasdfasdfasfdasdfasdfasdf

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/lolas-story/524490/

here is where I refute that story with another similar in tragedy. Then it is countered with another. Eventually snowflake arguments become it was a white male so he was priveleged. And it basically boils down to these arguments never have merit. Bad **** happens to everyone but en masse no one has it that bad as a consensus