Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize I have gone over the top here. I will back off, but will remain steadfast in thinking that some of the feelings expressed here are absurdly antiquated. If you were being sarcastic and I didn't pick up my bad. But I am sure that some here actually harbor anti-women sentiments. And as the father of two successful and independent young women I call such comments out when I read them.

These last few pages have been a fun read. A few thoughts:

- Newton's comment was clearly light-hearted and meant to be said for the sake of humor. It was just a poor delivery in the wrong forum.

- 3rd wave feminism isn't about equality; it's about denying the innate differences between women and men.

- A man's level of outrage at latent sexism tends to be inversely related to his success with women.

- A man's hostility towards women is also inversely related to his success with them.

- If a player cannot be criticised for exercising his free speech to denigrate the country he cannot be criticised for using his free speech to marginalize a reporter.

Edited by Rob's House

This isn't Tinder.

I am now 31 on tinder and his daughter would debate me.

If you were being sarcastic fine. If you believe this misogynistic crap you can stick it. And if you want to call names like this we can meet somewhere.

I will meet you anywhere, because I will meet you anywhere. Bring your daughter?

Honestly compared to some of the responses from the resident neanderthals in this thread what cam did was pretty tame.

Seriously if a stranger laughed in your mothers face and basically insulted her intelligence im sure youd have the same smarmy comments right? Or maybe youd tell your mom to know her role and stay in her lane? Scumbags

Honestly compared to some of the responses from the resident neanderthals in this thread what cam did was pretty tame.

Seriously if a stranger laughed in your mothers face and basically insulted her intelligence im sure youd have the same smarmy comments right? Or maybe youd tell your mom to know her role and stay in her lane? Scumbags

You triggered me. I am now extremely sad. I wish a stranger could do what you suggested...

...My mom's dead. 58 in 1999. Ovarian cancer. She missed much of my life, like the birth of my second child, a daughter no less.

Can you bring her back so Cam can insult her? Please, bring her back!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You triggered me. I am now extremely sad. I wish a stranger could do what you suggested...

...My mom's dead. 58 in 1999. Ovarian cancer. She missed much of my life, like the birth of my second child, a daughtet no less.

Can you bring her back so Cam can insult her? Please, bring her back!

Im not quite sure your point but im sorry for your loss and my mother is dealing with cervical cancer right now.

But if your triggering was just just sarcasm then guess what youre part of the problem. All of you tossing off newtons comments as no big deal are so out of touch i couldnt even guess how old you are. You do know there are full-time female coaches in the NFL now? The Bills had one last year? Yeah those ladies know more than you. And beyond that, someone like Suzy Kolbert has learned and forgotten more about football than you would ever hope to learn in two lifetimes.

Im not quite sure your point but im sorry for your loss and my mother is dealing with cervical cancer right now.

But if your triggering was just just sarcasm then guess what youre part of the problem. All of you tossing off newtons comments as no big deal are so out of touch i couldnt even guess how old you are. You do know there are full-time female coaches in the NFL now? The Bills had one last year? Yeah those ladies know more than you. And beyond that, someone like Suzy Kolbert has learned and forgotten more about football than you would ever hope to learn in two lifetimes.

Like it is really important to know so much about a gratuitous game. So what she knows more... Get over yourselves. But I bow to them all, female or male.

What exactly does:

"seems to be enjoying the physicality of his routes..."

mean... Specifically, "enjoying the physicality."

Ooo... Sounds so professional! Cam is supposed to be impressed, I am supposed to be impressed.

Dumb. Whoever she is, no matter if she's a female or a guy... It just sounds stupid. Gee, Ms./Mr. Professional Sport's Reporter... We all bow to your inpressive choice of words.

"enjoying the physicality of his routes"

LoL... Yeah, just play the game. Next time say: "Yeah, they really love the stimulating experience of being challenged with such invigorating routes."

You gotta be kidding we are debating a butt hurt reporter being dissed for being a Lady sounding so professional! Ask a dumb question, get an even dumber response. Yeah, but let's pretend it's because Cam was sexist... Which his mistake is that he was sexist. Such a cringe worthy question and an even more cringe worthy answer by Cam.

And this, coming from a big Cam hater (me).

I think she was more talking down to his receivers than he was talking down to her.

Like it is really important to know so much about a gratuitous game. So what she knows more... Get over yourselves. But I bow to them all, female or male.

What exactly does:

"seems to be enjoying the physicality of his routes..."

mean... Specifically, "enjoying the physicality."

Ooo... Sounds so professional! Cam is supposed to be impressed, I am supposed to be impressed.

Dumb. Whoever she is, no matter if she's a female or a guy... It just sounds stupid. Gee, Ms./Mr. Professional Sport's Reporter... We all bow to your inpressive choice of words.

"enjoying the physicality of his routes"

LoL... Yeah, just play the game. Next time say: "Yeah, they really love the stimulating experience of being challenged with such invigorating routes."

You gotta be kidding we are debating a butt hurt reporter being dissed for being a Lady sounding so professional! Ask a dumb question, get an even dumber response. Yeah, but let's pretend it's because Cam was sexist... Which his mistake is that he was sexist. Such a cringe worthy question and an even more cringe worthy answer by Cam.

And this, coming from a big Cam hater (me).

I think she was more talking down to his receivers than he was talking down to her.

You can parse the exchange down like that and i respect that. She, individually, may not be the most knowledgeable about anything football related, route running included. And if youre criticism was directed at her, individually, then fine. I was responding to the idiots, in general, making broad statements based on this BS. Not you in particular. I know my post count under this account doesnt reflect it but I know you know your s**t. The others though...

Cam should have brought his receivers in and pulled this routine with Ms. Great Reporter:

"Listen Lady... You drag the defense up and down the field for a whole game and tell me how much you enjoy it!"

Like she is such a judge of who's enjoying what?

I'd be insulted too if I was Cam... But I wouldn't get all sexist on her. If a guy asked that question, I'd probably get all rude too. The sexist angle is an easy cop out. Unfortunately, Cam gave it to them (her and all the complainers).

Cam should have brought his receivers in and pulled this routine with Ms. Great Reporter:

"Listen Lady... You drag the defense up and down the field for a whole game and tell me how much you enjoy it!"

Like she is such a judge of who's enjoying what?

I'd be insulted too if I was Cam... But I wouldn't get all sexist on her. If a guy asked that question, I'd probably get all rude too. The sexist angle is an easy cop out. Unfortunately, Cam gave it to them (her and all the complainers).

Thats a fine edge though. I think the distinction comes in when you research and realize how many DUMB questions male reporters ask that dont get that sort o dismissive response. Im a cam fan by the way i think carolina is ruining him entering his prime but whatever. But the point is male reporters get away with stuff that women get laughed at for. Have you ever read peter king? The most inane, shill empty suit in the league, media wise. He sucks. No QB would laugh in his fat face, even though he deseves much worse.

Quit being an internet tough guy Tommy.

"Tommy tough-guy"

I like it.

Look at Tommy tough-guy, ovah heah!!

Mr. Tommy too-hotty but not-too-smahtty, amiright?

This thread...

P.S. - I know who is being sarcastic and who isn't. And who's stupid. And stuff.

"Tommy tough-guy"

I like it.

Look at Tommy tough-guy, ovah heah!!

Mr. Tommy too-hotty but not-too-smahtty, amiright?

This thread...

P.S. - I know who is being sarcastic and who isn't. And who's stupid. And stuff.

Ah so you can parse the sarcastic sexists from the real sexists? Teach me your ways obi wan.