Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help you? Am I your only hope?

Put on a Princess Leia costume and I'll consider it.

Well what is tried to pass as sarcasm around here aint exactly what I learned in Lit so yes if you can decipher meathead sarcasm thatd be great. Youre the expert.

I'm more weirded out he called her a "female." Like he's talking about a dog. Bad flirting Cam.

It seems to be common in a certain crowd of youth. Rap fans? Athletes? Not sure. Appear to consider "female" a respectful form of address - guess it's a step up from "ho" or "B word"

Creeps me out too. Cam, son, that's a "woman" you're addressing.

I think it's funny she was offended. not surprised though since it has become such a sensitive society. if the words "female" and "sweetheart" are offensive I suggest she stay out of the locker room.

and the Blue Ribbon "Missing the Point" award goes to...

hint: it's not the words "female" or "sweetheart", it's you're there doing your job, doing the stuff it's your job to do and you're told "funny to hear that question from a (fill in word describing you)"

Way too many pages to read, but this was nothing compared to what Peyton Gump did at Tennessee, now thats a true POS.

What's your point? Do you think no one can complain of mistreatment if something more egregious happened historically, or in a different part of the world?

Dude is a moron. What did you expect? This isn't out of the norm. Dated a girl he was all over and she would constantly have to move his hands. It's not that he did it to be a pervert, she said. It was that he just thought he could. He treats all women like this. He's not even a douche. He's just an idiot.

And Boyst tags the root cause. This dude, in common with many star college athletes, has been getting away with behaving however he wants to whomever he wants, probably since high school, def. since college.

Now all of a sudden, he's supposed to grow up and treat people right. Not to be expected.

and the Blue Ribbon "Missing the Point" award goes to...

hint: it's not the words "female" or "sweetheart", it's you're there doing your job, doing the stuff it's your job to do and you're told "funny to hear that question from a (fill in word describing you)"

134792.jpg

thank you, I am not bothered by your observation of my post, rather I'm honored.

on a serious note. I find you to be one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board and you generally have some very good takes. yet I have to ask, why so serious?

What's your point? Do you think no one can complain of mistreatment if something more egregious happened historically, or in a different part of the world?.

My point is P-Gump is a POS.

Other than that, people can complain all they want, but Im not going to listen if I dont care.

134792.jpg

thank you, I am not bothered by your observation of my post, rather I'm honored.

on a serious note. I find you to be one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board and you generally have some very good takes. yet I have to ask, why so serious?

Maybe first you should answer: why so flippant?

I dont know what you do; maybe youre used to being publicly embarrassed while attempting to do your job and it just rolls off the back at this point. Perhaps this woman wasnt expecting it though.

I dont know what you do; maybe youre used to being publicly embarrassed while attempting to do your job and it just rolls off the back at this point. Perhaps this woman wasnt expecting it though.

I tend to let a lot of things roll off my back, just like your post.

So why then when coaches and players publicly scream and ridicule reporters during pressers, are they not browbeat into making taped apologies? Edited by RaoulDuke79

I tend to let a lot of things roll off my back, just like your post.

As is your prerogative. Keep it simple right? No need to defend your opinions to anyone that challenges you. Its compfy in that bubble isnt it?

As is your prerogative. Keep it simple right? No need to defend your opinions to anyone that challenges you. Its compfy in that bubble isnt it?

you seem to be worried about me and my perspectives. one should not be so concerned with how one chooses to live in their bubble. maybe you should concentrate more on those that may care how you feel.

I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over how a football player addressed a female reporter.

it's something that goes on my list of not giving a ****.

It was a sexual assault, but ok.

My comment was tongue in cheek.

I think what Manning did was disgusting and have no idea how it made it into a thread about a stupid - but harmless - comment by Cam Newton.

you seem to be worried about me and my perspectives. one should not be so concerned with how one chooses to live in their bubble. maybe you should concentrate more on those that may care how you feel.

I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over how a football player addressed a female reporter.

it's something that goes on my list of not giving a ****.

Surely you see the irony in what you just said, since you injected yourself into the conversation by posting in this thread about that very topic. Or did you just NOT CARE so much, that you just had to tell us all that were discussing it that you had to just express your NOT CARING and had to peck away at your keyboard to tell us?