Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

Cam made a sexist comment toward a female reporter at his press conference. It's going over about how you'd expect.

@jjones9

"It's funny to hear a female talk about routes." What an embarrassing statement from Cam around 6:50 mark

To say that in response to a legitimate question for @JourdanRodrigue is so backwards and disrespectful to her and to women

Video

http://m.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Newton-Im-trying-to-win-any-way-possible/19b2887c-e136-429b-8d14-3044c10dd03a

The reporter:

@jourdanrodrigue

I don't think it's "funny" to be a female and talk about routes. I think it's my job.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be one to call out Newton cause I would be up there teasing females too. Especially if they are hot.

Like if I was WH Press Secretary and I got to answer questions from dumbwit Hallie Jackson every day. I would flirt and make fun of her all the time.

He wasn't kidding if you watch the video. Some saying that he was just saying it was funny. Not really.

Wonder when he will grow up.

It's pretty embarrassing for a franchise. There are a number of female sports reporters out there. Can you imagine if Tyrod said that?

Edited by YoloinOhio

I have to admit, I've never heard the phrase "embracing the physicality of his routes" before, so maybe that's what sparked his humor?

Nonetheless, very immature thing for Newton to say.

Edited by Capco

Dude is a moron. What did you expect? This isn't out of the norm. Dated a girl he was all over and she would constantly have to move his hands. It's not that he did it to be a pervert, she said. It was that he just thought he could. He treats all women like this. He's not even a douche. He's just an idiot.

I think it's funny she was offended. not surprised though since it has become such a sensitive society. if the words "female" and "sweetheart" are offensive I suggest she stay out of the locker room.

it isn't the word "female" - it's that he was finding it funny to talk to a female about routes. Why would that be, exactly? She's probably run as many routes as many of her male colleagues. So why is it funny? It's like he's Fred Flinstone.

First time I ever took a woman to a Bills game I was dreading it. Ugh. We were playing the Steelers and I got roped into this thing. Like a first date. I was in charge of a busload of Bills fans going to Rich Stadium from a Hertel Avenue bar. And she snuck on without telling me. We had a block of seats so everyone made sure she sat next to me just to mess with me.

The players were warming up before the game and I didn't even want to talk to her, and the first thing she said to me is, "Can you believe Cliff Stout's release? I think he stole it from watching Bradshaw."

Stout was the Steeler's backup QB at the time.

We dated for the next couple years.