Bills Sign WR Philly Brown and Two Safeties

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not read the previous 40 posts, but isn't he the guy who was not good enough to make the team in

September, and now he is. They couldn't find anybody better. Unbelievable. Sammy, Robert and Mr. Goodwin

all is forgiven.

I have not read the previous 40 posts, but isn't he the guy who was not good enough to make the team in

September, and now he is. They couldn't find anybody better. Unbelievable. Sammy, Robert and Mr. Goodwin

all is forgiven.

All teams tend to settle for less when they are filling in for injured players. If there were" better options' out there they would already be on the active roster.

Doesn't mean they are good. They are winning in spite of a garbage WR corps. There's no debate. Holmes is the worst starting WR in the league. He's added absolutely nothing that any other WR couldn't have done. Nothing.

I LOVED the Watkins trade. He's almost done next to nothing either. He's had one good game with the Rams. He's been brutal in the other three. He can rot out there.

But you can't just make these moves and not fully address this glaring weakness. Hell, even if you were in the Watkins is good camp, they STILL needed a WR. The only thing that looks like will hold us back from a really good season, is going to be our WRs. And that stings.

Just because we are 3-1 has nothing to do with why we have such a glaring Achilles heal.

You LOVED the Watkins trade? Really? He is exactly what they are lacking and they'd be 4-0 and look like an entirely different offense if he were here.

I know that a lot of folks on here don't really understand context in the NFL..........but when receivers change teams after camp has broken they can have a hard time getting targets on teams with established skill position players.........like James Lofton getting only 8 receptions in 12 games on the 1989 Bills.

Jordan Matthews was a much easier fit.........he's a post up, short range receiver on a team with nobody in the WR corps with a QB who creates more time to throw than any other QB in the NFL.

Frankly, it's ridiculous to like the Watkins trade for a second round pick and then complain about not having a good WR........it's just a trade that shouldn't have been made. Take a look at the Bills second round picks over the last 50 plus years..........NOT GOOD.

You LOVED the Watkins trade? Really? He is exactly what they are lacking and they'd be 4-0 and look like an entirely different offense if he were here.

I know that a lot of folks on here don't really understand context in the NFL..........but when receivers change teams after camp has broken they can have a hard time getting targets on teams with established skill position players.........like James Lofton getting only 8 receptions in 12 games on the 1989 Bills.

Jordan Matthews was a much easier fit.........he's a post up, short range receiver on a team with nobody in the WR corps with a QB who creates more time to throw than any other QB in the NFL.

Frankly, it's ridiculous to like the Watkins trade for a second round pick and then complain about not having a good WR........it's just a trade that shouldn't have been made. Take a look at the Bills second round picks over the last 50 plus years..........NOT GOOD.

Excellent post.

He's the best option they have as a deep threat.

True.....he's had a half step at least........but from the looks of it he lacks the extra gear that even Marquis Goodwin had to go get the deep ball.......he's show one speed........ and we have no idea if he has any ball skills once he gets to it.

You can usually identify a bum deep ball WR because they can't keep their feet moving while making a play on the football.

It's complacency period that this is our Wide Receiving corps. No excuses. It was awful before Matthews got hurt. It's even worse than awful now. There is no debate.

Now, that being said, it's a bummer that we have a really good chance to land a 4-1 record, but the one thing that most likely will hold us back from that fact is a position that should have been addressed months ago.

Call it what you want. It's awful, and it's something that might bite us in the ass.

Honestly, I don't know. That's why 90% of people with a brain would have addressed it before the season. Philly Brown is basically a zero out there.

It's a bummer. It's bad enough that WR wasn't addressed. What the hell were they thinking though, when they even considered what would happen if we were to incur injuries to the position?

Bulletproof argument, I'd like to debate, but it says right there in the posts that I cannot.

True.....he's had a half step at least........but from the looks of it he lacks the extra gear that even Marquis Goodwin had to go get the deep ball.......he's show one speed........ and we have no idea if he has any ball skills once he gets to it.

You can usually identify a bum deep ball WR because they can't keep their feet moving while making a play on the football.

One thing that worried me was on the last Carolina play, Zay didnt track the ball in the air well at all. Regardless of pattern or stumble or drop or dive that was the worst part of it to me. Last week on the long drop he kind of did it again. When he dove, the ball seemed to come to his shoulder as he brought it in. He looked like he was trying to catch it with his head. I am only going from memory on that, versus the Carolina one I watched two dozen times. But it's a tad worrisome. That's something that is not easily taught.