Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

Let me add to that he has a short memory. That is a critical thing for a QB. Look at last year's Championship game. He starts off really slow, Bama were getting to him, hitting him, he was rushing throws... it all looked off. But he brushes every play off and just moves on to the next one. You need that.

Very good point

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all of this

Then why havent we done it.....aside from the Rex years our D has been quite good

When did we have a great run game and a great D John?

we'll see how the season goes. Win Sunday and then get ready for Oakland. Too many folks around here think they're Nostradamus.

If I was going to put on my Nostradamus hat, though, I'd predict we draft a QB in round 1 or 2 this coming draft, Peterman is our starter next year, and Taylor is starting elsewhere.

Yes, if we win all the games we need to, we're all set.

I banged the drum for Watson predraft. He is a special player. Scouts get caught up in measurables and you get people like EJ Manuel taken in the 1st Round. Meanwhile guys like Russel Wilson, Watson, Carr and Bridgewater drop. It's why a guy like Josh Allen who has no accuracy or pocket presence will go early in next years draft and be a bust because he has great measurables.

Edited by Billy Zabka

I see you meant if you EXCLUDE that as an outlier, then go back...

So your point is if even if we draft a 'franchise QB' we shouldn't expect a Super Bowl for 9 years? 5 if we get super lucky?

Even take the job from joe flacco??? Are you inferring he isn't a franchise QB?

Franchise qb's are top 12 ish right ? TT is 23rd or so Edited by Game Manager

I banged the drum for Watson predraft. He is a special player. Scouts get caught up in measurables and you get people like EJ Manuel taken in the 1st Round. Meanwhile guys like Russel Wilson, Watson, Carr and Bridgewater drop. It's why a guy like Josh Allen who has no accuracy or pocket presence will go early in next years draft and be a bust because he has great measurables.

While I agree with this, it's over and done with. We aren't getting him now. Hopefully our new scouts will identify a good one.

Flacco isn't all that but hey he is a better QB then Tyrod. A franchise worthy QB, Yes ok but to be young and not be able to take the job after 4 years of development makes his backup job exactly what he was ment to do, I mean come on man Flacco isn't all that but yet many on here act like Tyrod is better, what has he done to merit it and why didn't he push Flacco even a little bit when he was there? They knew who he is, a backup.

Hey man Flacco is the exact same QB your calling for, a QB to do just enough while the D carries the team, sadly a QB has to step up from time to time something Tyrod has yet to do, when the team needs that final drive Flacco made it happen so he contributed enough but with Tyrod our D has to do it all because Tyrod fails and proves to be not good enough. Flacco who really isnt all that great of a QB just good enough to do exactly what your referring to do, be just good enough with that little extra, enough to get that win.

Please do me a favor and look at Flacco's numbers since 2015. Please do it. You don't even have to report back what you find. It can be our little secret. Flacco is terrible and performed worse that TT since TT left. Go look it up. Please.

I don't know about that...there are a lot of Blake Bortles, Colin Kapernicks, Vince Youngs, etc littered on that road that showed promise early in their careers but the NFL caught up with them.

Im rooting for Watson, but so far I have seen a lot of Culpepper type football out there where he chucks up bad passes into bad coverage and his elite WR's go get the ball. That wont keep working, he's going to need to be a better passer and make better decisions for a long and successful career in the NFL.

He's obviously a rookie, so there is no need for alarm at those types of things yet, pretty typical of young QB's. But its the ones that cut that stuff down and get smarter with the throws that have the sustained careers, so it will all depend on how he grows as a passer. And considering he did it a lot in college too, there is reason to remain cautious in the long term optimism around him.

Bortles had 11 tds, 17 INTs, & a 69.5 qb rating.

Kaepernick threw 5 passes as a rookie.

Young completed 51.5 %, had 12 td passes to 13 INTs, & a 66.7 qb rating.

Watson, through 5 starts, has 15 tds & 5 INTs, & a 101 qb rating.

Maybe the qb who was really, really good in college is just really good in the nfl.

Thats a valid point

Makes me hate Rex Ryan all the more

I love you John but all you ever did was defend Rex when he was our coach.

Ok so Watson is playing really well right now. The Bills passed on him. Is this news to someone or are you guys complaining to us? I doubt it's news to anyone so you must be complaining to us. Why? We don't control the draft.

The Bills QB situation is what it is. None of us have anything to do with it.

I was on the Don't Pass on Watson team ahead of the draft, and am definitely feeling the I Told You So bug at the moment.

But still, it isn't Tyrod for Watson. It is Tyrod and the Chief's 2018 #1 and Tre'Davious White for Watson.

But when you don't have a QB, you need to be aggressive on getting a QB whatever the cost. If at the time of the draft you aren't convinced Watson is the guy and convinced Tyrod isn't, then you can roll the dice or pass.

Bortles had 11 tds, 17 INTs, & a 69.5 qb rating.

Kaepernick threw 5 passes as a rookie.

Young completed 51.5 %, had 12 td passes to 13 INTs, & a 66.7 qb rating.

Watson, through 5 starts, has 15 tds & 5 INTs, & a 101 qb rating.

Maybe the qb who was really, really good in college is just really good in the nfl.

I love you John but all you ever did was defend Rex when he was our coach.

In year 1 I did

You gotta understand.....a defensive mastermind like Rex Ryan should not have been able to come in here and screw up a practically perfect defense the way he did......

I was in shock after year 1

In year 1 I did

You gotta understand.....a defensive mastermind like Rex Ryan should not have been able to come in here and screw up a practically perfect defense the way he did......

I was in shock after year 1

Woah woah John, no no. All we heard was once Rex gets his guys Ragland and Washington and runs his system, it's gonna work.

Yep. John was on the Rex bandwaggon until at least Oakland.

Same as Promo he was heckling me for being a critic of the disaster that was Rex Ryan and now he is happy to blame him for everything that went wrong.

Rex Ryan was bad from pretty much day 1.... or at least week 2 of his 1st season.

He should have been fired after 1 season, then he should have been fired after the Jets defeat week 2 of 2016. At least the Pegulas got there in the end.

Edited by GunnerBill

I'm not dissing D W but see

RGIII and Kap. It takes more than 1/4 of a season to lock down the job imo.

I think those 2 depended more on their legs than Watson. I know you cant do cross racial comparisons (its against the law), but I see some Steve Young to Watson. Guys who are great runners but would rather stand in the pocket to make plays.

But as you said, well see. Its very early but man, he looks about as good as any rookie qb I can remember.

Every time a player like Watson or Zach Thomas plays well someone will make this type of post. More times than not a player who doesn't have the right measurables fails.

Kaep is a better example for the argument they are trying to make. RGIII and Vince Young are not good examples because even when they were having success (though pretty relative in VY's case) early on there were plenty of concerns about character and coachability. Hell, the Shanahans preferred Cousins from pretty much day 1 but were pressed organisationally into RGIII.

Kaep was a guy who worked hard, got by early on a mix of legs and arm but turned out to be too limited and predictable as a passer and defenses soon adjusted to him. Now I think there are important differences between him and Watson too. Kaep was playing in the Greg Roman "hide the QB" offense that we have ran the past two years.... Watson is running an offense that is tailored to him but that puts a lot more on the Quarterback. But from the perspective of those trying to make the argument that you just never know even with early success Kaepernick is a better example to cite than Bob Griffin or Vince Young.

Edited by GunnerBill

Kaep is a better example for the argument they are trying to make. RGIII and Vince Young are not good examples because even when they were having success (though pretty relative in VY's case) early on there were plenty of concerns about character and coachability. Hell, the Shanahans preferred Cousins from pretty much day 1 but were pressed organisationally into RGIII.

Kaep was a guy who worked hard, got by early on a mix of legs and arm but turned out to be too limited and predictable as a passer and defenses soon adjusted to him. Now I think there are important differences between him and Watson too. Kaep was playing in the Greg Roman "hide the QB" offense that we have ran the past two years.... Watson is running an offense that is tailored to him but that puts a lot more on the Quarterback. But from the perspective of those trying to make the argument that you just never know even with early success Kaepernick is a better example to cite than Bob Griffin or Vince Young.

Yeah, he's pretty much on pace for Kaep's 2014 season with ~4,000 all purpose yards. (Kaep had 3,369 & 639, Watson on pace for 3,459 & 539)